ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Computers Killer aps for the iPhone? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=190700)

DaveNull 11-28-2011 07:38 PM

I think there are more paid apps on the iOS App Store because it's easier for developers to actually sell them. For paid apps, it's also important that the devs can actually support everyone they're selling to and the fragmentation of Android makes this really tough.

vailpass 11-29-2011 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 8139999)
I don't really think so. Most everything I've purchased from the app store also costs money in the Android market. I can't think of any paid apps on iPhone that are free on Android. I'd be surprised if there were any.

I've mostly bought games and learning apps for my daughter. Most of what I use is free. And theres generally a "Light" version of most paid apps that are free but lacking in some functionality. Android market is the same in that regard too.

Phan

DBOSHO 11-29-2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8073672)
I was just playing with one. I told is, "I need dog food," and it found pet stores nearby. I told it "I am hungry for Thai." and it found nearby Thai restaurants. It's pretty badass. Also lots of easter eggs and such in it when you cuss at it.

I couldn't confirm, but someone said they told it that they crapped their pants, and it told them where the closest clothing store was.

Lol just tried it. It found me 11 clothing stores

Fish 11-29-2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8154033)
Phan

I'm not sure what you mean...

KCFalcon59 12-22-2011 01:24 PM

LogMeIn is free on iPhone. The only one available used to be the ignition app that was 29.99. Pretty sweet.

vailpass 12-22-2011 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8073672)
I was just playing with one. I told is, "I need dog food," and it found pet stores nearby. I told it "I am hungry for Thai." and it found nearby Thai restaurants. It's pretty badass. Also lots of easter eggs and such in it when you cuss at it.

I couldn't confirm, but someone said they told it that they crapped their pants, and it told them where the closest clothing store was.

Siri is sweet. I just asked it to show me a large concentration of unemployed douche bags who bought iphones with their dad's money and it found me 14 OWS locations.

Johnny Vegas 12-27-2011 02:42 PM

not sure if this has been mentioned, but I just downloaded Vlingo for free and its just like Siri. Great app for free.

DMAC 09-27-2012 02:17 PM

Wasn't there a "killer apps for jailbroken iphones" thread?

vailpass 09-27-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 8954829)
Wasn't there a "killer apps for jailbroken iphones" thread?

Interesting, didn't see that thread. I'll start here:

SetCPU
Titanium Backup PRO
Busybox