ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Anyone know anything about the movie "Dark Honeymoon"? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=139667)

Rain Man 04-26-2006 11:46 AM

Anyone know anything about the movie "Dark Honeymoon"?

Alpine Pictures. It supposedly will star Darryl Hannah, Tia Carrera, and others.

Some dude called me today, and said it's an independent picture and they're looking for investors. There's a fair amount of information about the movie on the internet, and it seems like it's real. I just find it very odd to get a cold call from someone asking for investors.

No way in Hades will I send a check, but it just made me curious. Is that really how an independent film company gets funding?

As for the call, even though my company is small, I'm on "CEO lists", which is kind of cool, because I occasionally get direct market ads for mansions and enormous mountain homes and stuff like that. It makes for entertaining browsing on occasion.

Donger 04-26-2006 11:48 AM

No, sorry I don't.

But does anyone know if Tia has gotten really fat yet? And, does Hannah still look like a horse?

Rain Man 04-26-2006 11:50 AM

Tia at one point was the most beautiful woman in this portion of the solar system. However, I saw her on some TV show or movie or something a couple of years ago, and Father Time had been beating her with a bag of quarters.

Fire Me Boy! 04-26-2006 12:11 PM

Yes, that often is how indie filmmakers get people to invest.

Fire Me Boy! 04-26-2006 12:13 PM

That and message boards.

By the way, Mr. Man... I'm working on a short film and we need about $15,000. It's a man-beats-the-odds story about a stick man trying to make it in the world that really hits home. It could be a great opportunity for the both of us, Mr. Man, not to mention you can write it off on your taxes.

Amnorix 04-26-2006 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
Tia at one point was the most beautiful woman in this portion of the solar system. However, I saw her on some TV show or movie or something a couple of years ago, and Father Time had been beating her with a bag of quarters.

She was on Dancing with the Stars until she got the boot. She'd just had a kid, and wasn't looking too smoking, at least by Hollywood standards. By normal standards, she was above average for 35 or 40 or whatever, I'd say, though not like Heather Locklear or Shania Twain or anything.

Of course, being in the same room with Stacy Keibler wasn't helping her out any. :drool:

Rain Man 04-26-2006 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!
That and message boards.

By the way, Mr. Man... I'm working on a short film and we need about $15,000. It's a man-beats-the-odds story about a stick man trying to make it in the world that really hits home. It could be a great opportunity for the both of us, Mr. Man, not to mention you can write it off on your taxes.

Count me in, but only if I get to write the script.

Fire Me Boy! 04-26-2006 12:23 PM

I'm good with that. I'll e-mail my info so you can send me the check.

listopencil 04-26-2006 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix
Of course, being in the same room with Stacy Keibler wasn't helping her out any. :drool:

No kidding. Stacy is smokin'.

Rain Man 04-26-2006 12:30 PM

Is there room in casting for a magical rabbit? I want to build a magical rabbit into the script.

Fire Me Boy! 04-26-2006 12:32 PM

Quote:

Is there room in casting for a magical rabbit? I want to build a magical rabbit into the script.

Magical rabbits cost $$$. I'll need an extra $5K.

Rain Man 04-26-2006 12:34 PM

Quote:

Magical rabbits cost $$$. I'll need an extra $5K.

I can write around the magical rabbit. Maybe it'll just be a rabbit that likes hats.

Fire Me Boy! 04-26-2006 12:51 PM

Quote:

I can write around the magical rabbit. Maybe it'll just be a rabbit that likes hats.

Rabbits in general raise the cost. Typically $1,000 for the first five, then $150 for every one after that... rabbit unions, you know? They require licensed handlers and "professional" pooper scoopers. And those things poop a LOT. Not to mention rabbit poop insurance -- it's slick stuff on a sound stage.

Can the rabbit that likes hats be a ferret that hates Coca-Cola? I have a deal with Pepsi.

Rain Man 04-26-2006 12:55 PM

Quote:

Rabbits in general raise the cost. Typically $1,000 for the first five, then $150 for every one after that... rabbit unions, you know? They require licensed handlers and "professional" pooper scoopers. And those things poop a LOT. Not to mention rabbit poop insurance -- it's slick stuff on a sound stage.

Can the rabbit that likes hats be a ferret that hates Coca-Cola? I have a deal with Pepsi.

Ferret might work. Either that, or we go metaphorical and we get a wannabe actress and put her in a bunny suit. I bet that actresses are cheaper than rabbits.

Fire Me Boy! 04-26-2006 12:58 PM

Quote:

Ferret might work. Either that, or we go metaphorical and we get a wannabe actress and put her in a bunny suit. I bet that actresses are cheaper than rabbits.

Yeah, that'll work. And I know a girl who already has the rabbit outfit. Don't ask. But she does know magic -- she can make 13 ping pong balls disappear. You'll never guess where she hides 'em!!!