ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Can hear mouse scroll, movement in speakers (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110756)

Baby Lee 02-24-2005 05:09 PM

Can hear mouse scroll, movement in speakers

Anyone had this problem? I use the scroll on my MS Intellimouse Optical and I get a shuffing through my speakers. I move my mouse around and I get a quieter type of shuffing. Anyone have ideas on a fix?

Saulbadguy 02-24-2005 05:38 PM

Make sure the speaker wires and the mouse aren't near each other.

Phobia 02-24-2005 06:05 PM

Wow - never heard of it. No.

I would try to upgrade to a shielded cable from my speakers to the media board - if possible.

If that doesn't clear it up, I'd guess you have a much more serious problem. You might wanna call MS about the mouse. There are interference guidelines to which they're supposed to adhere. If you're having problems, I'm guessing they'd be most interested in resolving them.

Baby Lee 02-24-2005 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy
Make sure the speaker wires and the mouse aren't near each other.

The speakers are a cheap-o Taiwanese faux-Bose sub and two satellite setup, so the line out runs to the floor and the powered speaker wires come back up from the sub/amp. The Mouse is USB, so d/t ATX specs, the mouse out and the line out are about 1 1/2 in apart in back. But it's not like they have long runs in parallel.

EDIT: BTW - the sound is on-board. I have an ASUS P4PE with Soundmax Integrated Digital.

Saulbadguy 02-24-2005 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee
The speakers are a cheap-o Taiwanese faux-Bose sub and two satellite setup, so the line out runs to the floor and the powered speaker wires come back up from the sub/amp. The Mouse is USB, so d/t ATX specs, the mouse out and the line out are about 1 1/2 in apart in back. But it's not like they have long runs in parallel.

EDIT: BTW - the sound is on-board. I have an ASUS P4PE with Soundmax Integrated Digital.

BTW: I've had this same problem before. It seemed moving it away helped.

Try plugging the mouse in the front of the case, if you have front USB ports. If not, replace the speakers.

nmt1 02-25-2005 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENDelt260
I don't know anything about your problem, but I think you'd be better off if you just scrapped the whole setup and switched to Linux.

Nah, just switch to Firefox. That'll solve all your ills.

Lzen 02-25-2005 07:02 AM

Parker says to format C: :p

Boozer 02-26-2005 10:09 AM

I have the same problem at my work set up. I just turned off the speakers.

Phobia 02-26-2005 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boozer
I have the same problem at my work set up. I just turned off the speakers.

Did that help?

morphius 02-26-2005 11:24 AM

I used to have that problem, but haven't seen it in a while. I think I may have muted the mic port and it went away, but it has been a while.

Boozer 02-26-2005 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
Did that help?

Yep. No sound whatsoever.

OldTownChief 02-26-2005 07:21 PM

REFORMAT :thumb:

Just kidding :p

Phobia 02-26-2005 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boozer
Yep. No sound whatsoever.

Cool. There's your fix then. Thanks for all your technical expertise, Booger.

old_geezer 02-27-2005 06:46 AM

Twas tne night before Christmas
And all through the house
Not a creature was stirring
Except one #&$+*#* mouse

:cuss:

Simplex3 03-10-2005 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee

Every Asus board I have the onboard sound gets echos from the peripherals, especially the HDD's on my P4P800. Get yourself a PCI sound card and disable the onboard POS. You'll be glad you did.