ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Brace yourself N'Awlins,here come the 49er thugs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269188)

Nzoner 01-22-2013 02:28 PM

Brace yourself N'Awlins,here come the 49er thugs

Below is an excerpt from an article at cbssports.com I guess I didn't realize just how bad the 49er fan base has gotten.

Now the 49ers are in the Super Bowl. Their fans are coming to New Orleans, to Bourbon Street. What could possibly go wrong? Everything, but at least the 49ers won't be playing the Raiders. A year ago during a preseason game between the Bay Area teams, two fans were shot and one was beaten unconscious in a Candlestick restroom. It was so bad, the 49ers canceled tailgating after kickoff for future games. Because their fans base couldn't behave. Sad, really.

The 49ers vs. Raiders in New Orleans, their fans drinking and posturing for a week at Bourbon Street, sounds damn near apocalyptic. The 49ers vs. anybody, though, is scary enough. This time it'll be the 49ers vs. the Baltimore Ravens.

Be careful, Ravens fans. Wear your colors with pride.

And wear them in large numbers.

Molitoth 01-22-2013 02:30 PM

San Francisco (the city) is a giant freak show.

Dave Lane 01-22-2013 02:32 PM

The Oakland fans (49ers fans when faders suck) can't leave the state without their PO's permission so not an issue.

Cephalic Trauma 01-22-2013 02:57 PM

I went to a game last year at Candlestick. The area surrounding the stadium is a dump, which likely contributes to the few less-than-stellar citizens going to those games.

However, are we honestly going to make the generalization that all 49er fans are that way because of one incident last week? Really? I thought this board had people who knew better...

Ace Gunner 01-22-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9341835)
San Francisco (the city) is a giant freak show.

it is and has all those big city features such as thuggery

Nzoner 01-22-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9341977)

However, are we honestly going to make the generalization that all 49er fans are that way because of one incident last week? Really? I thought this board had people who knew better...

Did you read the entire article?

BlackHelicopters 01-22-2013 03:02 PM

America has criminals everywhere?

dallaschiefsfan 01-22-2013 03:03 PM

Ray Lewis has something to say about this...

Cephalic Trauma 01-22-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 9341996)
Did you read the entire article?

Yes, did you? He cited one road incident.

Did you read my post? Candlestick is in a rough area, and the writer is making a generalization about a fanbase based on ONE road incident. One. That's not enough to make a conclusion about a fanbase as a whole. The conclusion was made citing mostly events that happend in the past at Candlestick.

Poorly written article. Poor conclusion.

Nzoner 01-22-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9342078)
Yes, did you? He cited one road incident.

Did you read my post? Candlestick is in a rough area, and the writer is making a generalization about a fanbase based on ONE road incident. One. That's not enough to make a conclusion about a fanbase as a whole. The conclusion was made citing mostly events that happend in the past at Candlestick.

Poorly written article. Poor conclusion.

Yes,I read it and my post was in direct response to your use of the word generalization.The writer clearly states at the very begininng...

Quote:

This column will be harsh, 49ers fans, but it will be fair. And it will make it clear early, just a few sentences in, before we get some momentum going and some damning facts printed -- before the easily swayed are swayed into thinking most 49ers fans, or even lots of you, are violent, dangerous psychopaths. You're not. Not most of you. Not even lots of you.

Demonpenz 01-22-2013 03:39 PM

ya'll lucky that omar and barksdale can't get down there.

Cephalic Trauma 01-22-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 9342133)
Yes,I read it and my post was in direct response to your use of the word generalization.The writer clearly states at the very begininng...

Yeah, which is equivalent to saying, "You're not fat, but your BMI says you're obese so you should lose weight."

He essentially says, "I'm not going to make a generalization, but my conclusion will ultimately point to a generalization."

KChiefer 01-22-2013 03:47 PM

I doubt the thuggiest will be able to afford the trip/tix to the SB.

HotCarl 01-22-2013 05:55 PM

San Fran is a bastion of class and a cradle of greatness.

DaFace 01-22-2013 07:41 PM

Kind of a dumb article. I'd almost buy the argument that the 49ers fanbase is a little rougher than the average, but (conceding the overgeneralization) people who have the money to pay to go to a Super Bowl don't tend to be the violent types.

jspchief 01-22-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 9342153)

/thread

Let's not act like common fans attend the Superbowl.

Cephalic Trauma 01-22-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9343111)
/thread

People do go down solely for the party/festivities, though.

chefsos 01-22-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9343115)

I get the feeling they won't even be a blip on the radar in NOLA.

Cephalic Trauma 01-22-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chefsos (Post 9343128)

Truth.

Smed1065 01-22-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan (Post 9342007)
Ray Lewis has something to say about this...

No he doesn't, he misplaced his voice.

1ChiefsDan 01-22-2013 09:43 PM

Don't know how bad they are, but I will always hate the 49ers.

My wife and I got married in 1993 and moved to SF for my job. Everyone loved us as Chiefs fans because Joe was our QB. We had our apartment balcony and window decorated with Chiefs stuff and were constantly getting compliments.

Until Joe had the comeback win against the 49ers. Then the apartment complex made us take everything down because they said they received too many complaints from the other tenants.

While I hate the leave in the middle of the night ravens, I will never root for the ****ing 49ers. This will be the first SB since the early 70's that I might not watch. Just because I hate both teams playing.

I can always watch the commercials online the week after.

Jiu Jitsu Jon 01-22-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Am The Walrus (Post 9343208)

My wife and I got married in 1993 and moved to SF for my job. Everyone loved us as Chiefs fans because Joe was our QB. We had our apartment balcony and window decorated with Chiefs stuff and were constantly getting compliments.

Until Joe had the comeback win against the 49ers. Then the apartment complex made us take everything down because they said they received too many complaints from the other tenants.

While I hate the leave in the middle of the night ravens, I will never root for the ****ing 49ers. This will be the first SB since the early 70's that I might not watch. Just because I hate both teams playing.

Most likely the complex manager was a 49er fan and just blamed it on your neighbors.

nychief 01-22-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9341985)
it is and has all those big city features such as thuggery

Thuggery, top notch universities, museums... All that crappy stuff.

Cephalic Trauma 01-22-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

That's pretty ****ty, man. Either the apartment manager or the tenants (probably both) were sore losers. They couldn't have done anything if you refused to take your stuff down, right?

Cephalic Trauma 01-22-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 9343295)
Thuggery, top notch universities, museums... All that crappy stuff.

:LOL: SF is a beautiful city, and those trashing it likely have never been.

I would like to add the redwoods to your list... they are amazing.

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-22-2013 11:37 PM

Stupid asshole fans exist in every city, including Chiefs fans. I went to a Chiefs/Raiders game on Christmas day several years ago. The Chiefs won and my brother and I were hanging out at a tailgate after the game. One particular Raiders fan walked by looking pissed off so we heckled him a little. He spun around and came at me. Being a a Raiders fan I thought my life could be in danger, heh. He told us about how he'd been jumped by a group of Chiefs fans about 30 minutes earlier and they'd taken his wallet and threatened to beat his ass. He left and reported it to security but what was going to happen when the perpetrators were gone so he left and was heading back to the Adams Mark. Strangely enough that's where we were staying too... didn't know that when he walked away from us.

We ran into him in the lobby. He was still pissed... for good reason... so we invited him into the bar and took turns buying him drinks for the next few hours to try to make it up to him in some small way. He calmed down and left that night knowing all Chiefs fans weren't assholes.

These stories about how any one fanbase is really worse than any other always make me laugh. Drunk football fans are often assholes. It doesn't matter what team they root for.

Nzoner 01-23-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9343111)
/thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9343115)

Quote:

Originally Posted by chefsos (Post 9343128)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9343133)
Truth.

I agree with the SB comment but imo it's about everything else also going on,tbe beginning of Mardi Gras festivities,Bourbon Street,etc.I'm quite sure the NOLA Police department will have their hands full.

kcxiv 01-23-2013 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 9342153)

you do realize that money is not an issue for most all thugs right?

|Zach| 01-23-2013 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9343528)
you do realize that money is not an issue for most all thugs right?

lol

Fairplay 01-23-2013 01:56 AM

Meh, the rotten fans make the news, I would fear the New Orleans locals more then them.

Fairplay 01-23-2013 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9343413)
Stupid asshole fans exist in every city, including Chiefs fans. I went to a Chiefs/Raiders game on Christmas day several years ago. The Chiefs won and my brother and I were hanging out at a tailgate after the game. One particular Raiders fan walked by looking pissed off so we heckled him a little. He spun around and came at me. Being a a Raiders fan I thought my life could be in danger, heh. He told us about how he'd been jumped by a group of Chiefs fans about 30 minutes earlier and they'd taken his wallet and threatened to beat his ass. He left and reported it to security but what was going to happen when the perpetrators were gone so he left and was heading back to the Adams Mark. Strangely enough that's where we were staying too... didn't know that when he walked away from us.

Take a lesson from the Animal Planet channel, animals are safer when they stay in packs, if one goes astray they are easy prey.

Fairplay 01-23-2013 02:06 AM

Quote:

I bet it looked tacky.

teedubya 01-23-2013 02:09 AM

I saw the SF Giants WS championship first hand. I saw bottles and fires... I saw vandalism... I then saw the riot police.

Too many Raiders fans are fans of the Giants and the 49ers now...

This is my footage from my Galaxy S3 stabilized on YouTube
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TJ1npnMQQ6k?list=UUfWYPrfs7eIXXoNnRck4Dbw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

AussieChiefsFan 01-23-2013 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9343582)
I saw the SF Giants WS championship first hand. I saw bottles and fires... I saw vandalism... I then saw the riot police.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TJ1npnMQQ6k?list=UUfWYPrfs7eIXXoNnRck4Dbw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Holy shit.... :eek:

Fairplay 01-23-2013 02:13 AM

Was that you filmng it teedubya?

Smed1065 01-23-2013 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 9343585)
Was that you filmng it teedubya?

Originally Posted by teedubya

Fairplay 01-23-2013 02:34 AM

Reminds me of the time X-factor posted about being out at a Raiders game in all his garb.

I would've died laughing at the amount of sh*t they were giving him.

teedubya 01-23-2013 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9343584)
Holy shit.... :eek:

Yeah, that was my que to get the **** out of there... when the riot police move in... time to go. heh.

ForeverChiefs58 01-23-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9343582)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TJ1npnMQQ6k?list=UUfWYPrfs7eIXXoNnRck4Dbw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In Baltimore they call that...Another wed night.

CoMoChief 01-23-2013 07:56 AM

Most of CA is a giant joke of civilization.

blaise 01-23-2013 08:11 AM

People are people. It doesn't matter what city they're from. They're the same.

bevischief 01-23-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 9343574)
Meh, the rotten fans make the news, I would fear the New Orleans locals more then them.

This. I have been to both cities.