ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Are we being overlooked as possible contenders? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=119359)

Red Dawg 07-12-2005 12:29 AM

Are we being overlooked as possible contenders?

I realize predictions are worthless but we have made alot of major changes to fix our defense, which is our only problem area. Particularly securing a lead in the fourth quarter. It seems like we should at least be mentioned as a playoff contender.

Ugly Duck 07-12-2005 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy
Are we being overlooked as possible contenders?

Yes.

htismaqe 07-12-2005 05:32 AM

No, we're not being overlooked. When a defense is as bad as ours had been, you have to earn respect.

Amnorix 07-12-2005 05:41 AM

I think everyone recognizes the potential of hte Chiefs as a "dark horse" IF their defense is finally straightened out, but there's been too many years of unbelievably bad defense for people to take them seriously YET. It's "wait and see", I think.

If you get off to a fast start, the hype machine will go into overdrive for you guys, I'm sure.

Gaz 07-12-2005 05:43 AM

Nope...

Until our “Paper Tiger” Defense shows up on the field, we will not [and should not] be considered contenders.

xoxo~
Gaz
Hopes the spackle holds.

MichaelH 07-12-2005 05:51 AM

The defense needs to win some games for the offense and the whole team needs to win a playoff game outside of Arrowhead. Until that happens, we shouldn't worry about being contenders.

Andoverer 07-12-2005 06:00 AM

The pattern lately has been:
odd year, no respect, good season;
even year, respect, bad season.

David. 07-12-2005 06:02 AM

I hope so. It seems like every year I see us as a super bowl pick we miss the playoffs.

Andoverer 07-12-2005 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David.
I hope so. It seems like every year I see us as a super bowl pick we miss the playoffs.

Exactly

Cormac 07-12-2005 06:30 AM

I think we should be getting more respect, but it's a good thing that the players aren't hearing how great they are...yet. Teams like Baltimore and the Colts get loads of press-time and their question marks are at least as big as the Chiefs' are at this point, IMO. But the talking heads are just having too much fun laughing at how bad the Chiefs D has been the last several years. I can't wait til they are proven wrong.

Scorp 07-12-2005 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
No, we're not being overlooked. When a defense is as bad as ours had been, you have to earn respect.

Hit the nail right on the head.

KCTitus 07-12-2005 06:48 AM

No...to be considered a contender, this team would have to reside in Dallas.

StcChief 07-12-2005 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus
No...to be considered a contender, this team would have to reside in Dallas.

or the East Coast.....

jspchief 07-12-2005 08:31 AM

I'd say any team with an offense as prolific as ours deserves at least a small amount of consideration.

But more to the point, when these idiots are already engraving the Raiders name onto the Lombadri trophy, based on their projected offense and in spite of their horrible defense, then yes, we are being over looked.

Fine by me. When we start bitch slapping good teams early in the year, people will take notice.

Stinger 07-12-2005 08:37 AM

I kinda like comming in under the radar. There is still pressure to perform plus you can play with a chip on your shoulder.