ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Nature is amazingly depressing. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=164152)

Direckshun 06-06-2007 08:03 PM

Nature is amazingly depressing.

I've been watching Animal Planet's "Planet Earth" as it's started airing again.

Man, it's a hell of a series, but it is immensely depressing, too.

I've watched elephants slowly get eaten alive by lions, a baby penguin gets smothered under the bodies of a half a dozen adult penguins, and a small tribe of stranded baby penguins wander to their death in a snow storm.

We all make a fuss about how beautiful animals in nature are but we forget how gruesome their deaths are. Geez.

DMAC 06-06-2007 08:04 PM

I am wanting a LCD HD just to watch that show.

Delano 06-06-2007 08:05 PM

You forgot to mention the most depressing part. Man's encroachment and destruction of the environment. (Hide under rock)

Bugeater 06-06-2007 08:05 PM

It's all part of life's rich pattern, so you'd better ****ing get used to it.

Direckshun 06-06-2007 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Carlson the Bugeater
It's all part of life's rich pattern, so you'd better ****ing get used to it.

So cold, so cruel. :(

FAX 06-06-2007 08:10 PM

I know exactly what you mean, Mr. Direckshun. Sometimes nature is cruel, indeed.

The absolute worst is when the rare Wetland Ostrich tries to teach the baby Wetland Ostriches to swim. They look like a bunch of fuzzy, wind-up, long-necked turds gone mad.

FAX

Easy 6 06-06-2007 08:16 PM

The sickest thing i've ever seen in a nature show was a baboon that caught a young springbok & started eating it alive...starting with its eyeballs... :shake:

Demonpenz 06-06-2007 08:22 PM

Remember that group of 100 hornets that killed 4 zillion bees in like 20 minutes then put their eggs in their nest and when they were born they ate the bee's that shit should be in a megadeth video.

Easy 6 06-06-2007 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz
Remember that group of 100 hornets that killed 4 zillion bees in like 20 minutes then put their eggs in their nest and when they were born they ate the bee's that shit should be in a megadeth video.

That was cool, those Japanese hornets laid waste to the place.

But the way the bees take revenge is pretty damn cool too.

Demonpenz 06-06-2007 08:26 PM

I saw this one time this slug was about to be eaten by ants but his "sauce" or whatever he is covered with protected him. So then the ants went and got some dirt and dried up the slug then ate him. Animals rule

Rain Man 06-06-2007 09:44 PM

You people have obviously never owned a small business. I kill interns just for sport.

ChiefsFire 06-06-2007 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free
The sickest thing i've ever seen in a nature show was a baboon that caught a young springbok & started eating it alive...starting with its eyeballs... :shake:

Geez man.....not feelin so good about those meatballs i ate tonight

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 06-06-2007 10:33 PM

Speaking of that, does anyone have the URL of that African waterhole camera? Apparently the one I have doesn't work any longer.

RealSNR 06-06-2007 10:37 PM

Kind of puts something like Terri Shiavo in perspective, doesn't it?

ChiefaRoo 06-07-2007 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR
Kind of puts something like Terri Shiavo in perspective, doesn't it?

Only if Skip ate her eyeballs.