ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games E3 2013 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273707)

Pablo 06-16-2013 06:23 PM

Well, after a decade of MS loyalty it looks like I'm switching it up.

I'll miss XBL and the comfortable controllers; but Sony is the obvious choice at this point. I guess the two franchises I played the most when I had to make the XBox/PS2 or 360/PS3 choice were Halo and Gears of War; and I've all but lost interest in those franchises so it makes the choice a little easier.

I just hate the PS3 controllers. They're made for tiny, lady hands. Maybe they'll be better this time around.

Pants 06-16-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9755595)

I'll miss XBL and the comfortable controllers; but Sony is the obvious choice at this point. I guess the two franchises I played the most when I had to make the XBox/PS2 or 360/PS3 choice were Halo and Gears of War; and I've all but lost interest in those franchises so it makes the choice a little easier.

I just hate the PS3 controllers. They're made for tiny, lady hands. Maybe they'll be better this time around.

I'm right there with you. I'm 66.6666666% leaning towards the PS4 right now. My heart has been with the Xbox since the original came out, so I'm going to give them a little more time before completely giving up on them.

Pablo 06-16-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9755630)
I'm right there with you. I'm 66.6666666% leaning towards the PS4 right now. My heart has been with the Xbox since the original came out, so I'm going to give them a little more time before completely giving up on them.

Yeah, I'm really hoping MS figures out a way to wow me in the coming months, but I'm not holding out too much hope.

Third Eye 06-16-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

I am in the exact same place, but on a positive note:

http://www.xbox-360.co.za/forum/showthread.php?t=100190

Mr. Plow 06-16-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 9755656)
I am in the exact same place, but on a positive note:

http://www.xbox-360.co.za/forum/showthread.php?t=100190

That's cool. It's got a long black thing coming out of the top of it. I think that's how they gamed in the 80's or something. :D

007 06-16-2013 07:30 PM

I was worried about the controllers when I first got a PS3. Now I am so used to it that the xbox controller feels odd to me.

Quesadilla Joe 06-16-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

You can find places online that will make Xbox-like controllers for the PS4. There was a company called Fusion at E3 that had their Xbox-like controllers for the PS4 on display.

Quesadilla Joe 06-16-2013 08:20 PM

I watched a video today from a guy who went to E3, and he talked to Mark Rubin from Infinity Ward about COD's lag compensation and got the impression that the new COD will NOT have dedicated servers. He also said that the 300,000 servers M$ bought might not be used to host games at all and could be used for things like game libraries and stuff.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Et1PR10VIlI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

007 06-16-2013 08:21 PM

DOH

Mav 06-16-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9755971)
I watched a video today from a guy who went to E3, and he talked to Mark Rubin from Infinity Ward about COD's lag compensation and got the impression that the new COD will NOT have dedicated servers. He also said that the 300,000 servers M$ bought might not be used to host games at all and could be used for things like game libraries and stuff.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Et1PR10VIlI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

if this proves to be true, all it means is that this is microsofts way of getting into the home entertainment side of things and is strategically moving away from the core gamers.....sad....

Setsuna 06-16-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

They fit my hands perfectly! :cuss: :sulk:

BryanBusby 06-16-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9755110)
People love TV. Of course it's only 2:1

Maybe, but I think it's the herd mentality. "Hey yo Tyrone getting an xbone, so we all need to reluctantly get xbones"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9755784)
I was worried about the controllers when I first got a PS3. Now I am so used to it that the xbox controller feels odd to me.

I'm one of those weird bastards that actually liked the original xbox controller.

jd1020 06-16-2013 10:10 PM

Gotta give a big thank you out to Microsoft, made the decision a whole shitload easier on me...

Microsoft has gone too far into controlling consumers with this Xbox One shit.

Pitt Gorilla 06-16-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 9756366)
Maybe, but I think it's the herd mentality. "Hey yo Tyrone getting an xbone, so we all need to reluctantly get xbones"

I'm one of those weird bastards that actually liked the original xbox controller.

I did too. The original one, not the mini one or whatever. In fact, I still use it with our xbox. That being said, the PS3 controller has been fine.

New World Order 06-16-2013 10:53 PM

Is getting it at launch worth it? What games are you guys going to play? No Uncharted, Little Big Planet, Gran Turismo etc..