ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games E3 2013 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273707)

Mr. Plow 09-23-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10011076)
My biggest worry about the xbone is the fact they are tying it to your tv too if you so choose. With their overheating history I just don't think I want a console that would be running every time the TV is on.

definitely a concern. which is why I'm in the "wait and see" mode.

Pants 09-23-2013 10:48 PM

I'm honestly thinking about getting a ****ing PS4 this gen, but that Kinect 2.0 demo was outright future. That thing is a full magnitude better than the original. I think M$ failed miserably with the marketing of their system and that's 60% of the battle (ask Apple).

Mother****erJones 09-23-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 10004179)
After doing research, it really isn't as bad as everyone here makes it out to be.

Everything that PS4 does, Xbox does as well. Not much difference except exclusives and with the two consoles sporting similar RAM and processors we could see developers making more games for both systems since it will be easier.

No it doesn't. It's not as good nor as powerful

BryanBusby 09-23-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10010428)
Neither of the current models (360/PS3) are used solely for the purpose of just gaming. They aren't even intended to be solely gaming consoles. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone when MS & Sony try to make their consoles into something that is an all in one entertainment piece for your living room.

It hasn't been that way since the PS2, but the gaming part is starting to become a secondary thing with the Xboxone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10010606)
No developers have put their names on these quotes and they always come from a pro-PS4 site.

It hilarious how bad the PS4 fanbois want the Xbone to be terrible. They've been latching onto anything they can get their hands on that paints the Xbone in a bad light and anything that pumps up their perceived view of the PS4.

Developers aren't going to put their name to a quote because it'd be ****ing reeruned.

All of the wounds Microsoft has gained this round have been self-inflicting. I don't think any gaming fan truly wants a company to fail as a lack of competition would be a bad thing.

Nintendo can't keep absorbing the hits they've been taking and unless they turn it around with the WiiU (I doubt it), this could be their last console. With a total restructuring happening within Microsoft, I'd guess they will be looking to exit the video game market if the Xbox is a flop.

Somebody needs to pull their head out of their ass here to keep the industry healthy.

BryanBusby 09-24-2013 01:19 AM

Nice of you to delete that post Pants. Which is fine, because I remember what you wrote.

For starters, the office division is the most profitable sector for Microsoft afaik. To follow that up, Microsoft is still in the hole significantly for the Xbox.

http://i.imgur.com/UwdTasL.jpg

Now granted this does not include last years figures, but I don't think they turned a 6 billion profit for the 2012 fiscal year and they will probably incur some losses to get the Xbox One off the ground.

It's hard to know for sure what will happen, but there has been a push from investors for Microsoft to either sell off the Xbox (entertainment) division or have it branch off into its own stand-alone thing. Without the deep pockets, it's hard to say how they would fare.

I get your shtick though, you think I'm a huge Sony fanboi. To an extent, you'd be right. Sony isn't forcing me to spend an extra 100 dollars for an accessory I never asked for nor wanted (kinect), they didn't try to shoehorn in draconian DRM and spin it into a positive filled with lies (da cloud is so so cool) and they aren't trying to spin their underpowered system as "balanced." http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...one-architects

I mean, seriously.

Quote:

We think we have very good balance, very good performance, we have a product which can handle things other than just raw ALU [GPU compute power].
Quote:

"Yeah, I think that's right. In terms of getting the best possible combination of performance, memory size, power, the GDDR5 takes you into a little bit of an uncomfortable place," says Nick Baker.
Oh man, that GDDR5 bandwidth is terrifying!

If Microsoft just came out and said, "here's a competitive system at a competitive price and you can buy our bullshit accessories only if you want it," I'd be a lot more receptive to the Xbox one. But oh right, I'm a huge Sony fanboi. Oh god I love you Sony...remember when I had to fight unauthorized charges and change my CC number because you couldn't update a server. YOU'RE THE BEST!!!!1@111

If Sony goes back to their old bullshit ways, I'll gladly dislike their system as well.

Aspengc8 09-24-2013 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 10013835)
No it doesn't. It's not as good nor as powerful

Even if its not as powerful, the games that are developed to run cross platform will look and feel identical. Only the exclusives will be able to really take advantage of this 'overpowered' system.

007 09-24-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 10014599)
Even if its not as powerful, the games that are developed to run cross platform will look and feel identical. Only the exclusives will be able to really take advantage of this 'overpowered' system.

Last I heard is they were going to develop on the PS4 and port to the xbone this time. Can't remember where I read that so take it with a grain of salt.

KC native 09-24-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 10014432)
Nice of you to delete that post Pants. Which is fine, because I remember what you wrote.

For starters, the office division is the most profitable sector for Microsoft afaik. To follow that up, Microsoft is still in the hole significantly for the Xbox.

Now granted this does not include last years figures, but I don't think they turned a 6 billion profit for the 2012 fiscal year and they will probably incur some losses to get the Xbox One off the ground.

It's hard to know for sure what will happen, but there has been a push from investors for Microsoft to either sell off the Xbox (entertainment) division or have it branch off into its own stand-alone thing. Without the deep pockets, it's hard to say how they would fare.

I get your shtick though, you think I'm a huge Sony fanboi. To an extent, you'd be right. Sony isn't forcing me to spend an extra 100 dollars for an accessory I never asked for nor wanted (kinect), they didn't try to shoehorn in draconian DRM and spin it into a positive filled with lies (da cloud is so so cool) and they aren't trying to spin their underpowered system as "balanced." http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...one-architects

I mean, seriously.

If Microsoft just came out and said, "here's a competitive system at a competitive price and you can buy our bullshit accessories only if you want it," I'd be a lot more receptive to the Xbox one. But oh right, I'm a huge Sony fanboi. Oh god I love you Sony...remember when I had to fight unauthorized charges and change my CC number because you couldn't update a server. YOU'RE THE BEST!!!!1@111

If Sony goes back to their old bullshit ways, I'll gladly dislike their system as well.

There's a push from one investor to divest the Xbox line. No way in hell it happens though.

Sony has led a brilliant anti-Xbone campaign and has played M$ well. I think if there was a significant difference in the two consoles then Sony PR would be thumping their chests about it.

Pants 09-24-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 10014432)

I mean, seriously.

I deleted the post because there are multiple ways to define profitability and I knew you would Google that shit immediately and come up with a "AFAIK" answer with some charts. It was just not worth arguing with you over.

I remember reading multiple articles in the past about how Xbox is the most profitable division for M$. I am assuming they were talking in terms of GM because Office has indeed made M$ the most money.

And I don't see you as some sort of a Sony fanboy. I have nothing against fanboys. I see you as a guy that just says silly stuff with the aplomb of the foremost expert in any given subject, whether video games or otherwise.

aturnis 09-25-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10014687)
Last I heard is they were going to develop on the PS4 and port to the xbone this time. Can't remember where I read that so take it with a grain of salt.

I think you're right. The main reason being the ease of programming. Time to triangle is about a month I believe. That's original PlayStation territory.