ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   The Chargers are for real (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=154664)

HonestChieffan 12-18-2006 07:42 AM

The Chargers are for real

OK you can post all the ignorant Charger suck threads you want but man they show a lot of heart, class, and talent in every phase of the game.

This is a team that may have every cylinder popin along at exactly =the right time.

Congrats to Marty and to the Chargers. And Good luck!

King_Chief_Fan 12-18-2006 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan
OK you can post all the ignorant Charger suck threads you want but man they show a lot of heart, class, and talent in every phase of the game.

This is a team that may have every cylinder popin along at exactly =the right time.

Congrats to Marty and to the Chargers. And Good luck!

Oustide of a couple of HUGH runs, I think the Chiefs D played well enough to win that game last night had the offense done their job.

I wasn't that impressed with the Chargers. I did however enjoy very much the ass whopping they game the Donks.

beer bacon 12-18-2006 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan
Oustide of a couple of HUGH runs, I think the Chiefs D played well enough to win that game last night had the offense done their job.

I wasn't that impressed with the Chargers. I did however enjoy very much the ass whopping they game the Donks.

The Chiefs actually held San Diego to their second lowest scoring output of the season. The only game this season that the Chargers have scored less was when they lost 16-13 at Baltimore. Defense was not the problem yesterday. Our defense gave us plenty of opportunities to win.

boogblaster 12-18-2006 08:12 AM

Chargers are a good team..but in the POs they will lose..Rivers is too inconstant..they will not be able to just run LT and win..teams step-up in the POs....

Hootie 12-18-2006 08:13 AM

Yeah...the Chargers almost put up as many points againt us as the Browns!!!

THEY'RE PHENOMENAL!

StcChief 12-18-2006 10:19 AM

Under impressed by Chargers....Thought they were much better, have blown out some teams, though they held on against the Faiders at home. :)

They aren't going anywhere.....

Our D gave up 85 yd. Run after the punt block debacle. A 14 pt swing.

Rivers is inconsistent. A real Solid D will take care of him and LT wont run wild. don't be Surprised if Baltimore comes into SD and wins.

Bearcat 12-18-2006 10:34 AM

They really lacked the ability to put us away, and Rivers obviously can't go Ryan Leaf on his offense in January. We gave the Chargers every chance to go up 3 posessions in the first quarter, and they couldn't get it done. They kept us in the game, and it'll be interesting to see what happens to them in the playoffs.

JonesCrusher 12-18-2006 10:38 AM

There are no "for real" teams this year, in my opinion this is the most evenly matched year of football I can remember. There are only a handfull of teams out of playoffs with 2 weeks left.

Iowanian 12-18-2006 11:04 AM

The Bolts won't make it to the big game.

The QB is inconsistent, their Oline is suspect and their secondary is average.

I think they'd beat Indy due to their running game, but Balt, NE and maybe Cinci would beat them.

I hope the new bandwagon fans really buy in and the burn is deep when its over.

boltpower 21 12-18-2006 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StcChief
Under impressed by Chargers....Thought they were much better, have blown out some teams, though they held on against the Faiders at home. :)

They aren't going anywhere.....

Our D gave up 85 yd. Run after the punt block debacle. A 14 pt swing.

Rivers is inconsistent. A real Solid D will take care of him and LT wont run wild. don't be Surprised if Baltimore comes into SD and wins.

I think you pretty much throw out everything in a divisional game with playoff implications (KC fighting for their playoff lives, SD fighting to hang on to the #1 seed).

Rivers is finally starting to show some bad games. That's not surprising for a first year starting quarterback, it's to be expected.

I thought both defenses played pretty well. Obviously, the Chief's run D couldn't stop LT but they frustrated Rivers all night long.

Iowanian 12-18-2006 11:09 AM

The Chiefs knew they were out due to their conference record.

the Bolts just aren't that dominating. You'll get your hearts ripped out in the playoffs, and the more the fans crow, the more I'll take pleasure from watching it.

boltpower 21 12-18-2006 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian
The Bolts won't make it to the big game.

The QB is inconsistent, their Oline is suspect and their secondary is average.

I think they'd beat Indy due to their running game, but Balt, NE and maybe Cinci would beat them.

I hope the new bandwagon fans really buy in and the burn is deep when its over.

I think any of the top four seeds minus Indy (SD, NE, Baltimore) and the Bengals (if they hang on to their wild card spot) have a shot for the Super Bowl.

I actually think there is too much expectations for the Chargers this year. They're the hottest team right now but I think the upcoming years will hold better chances for them when Rivers gets more experience (and playoff experience) under his belt. The main thing going for them this year is that LT is playing out of his mind and they currently have HFA.

boltpower 21 12-18-2006 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian
The Chiefs knew they were out due to their conference record.

the Bolts just aren't that dominating. You'll get your hearts ripped out in the playoffs, and the more the fans crow, the more I'll take pleasure from watching it.

That comes off sounding like a sore loser: 'We lost but you'll lose in the playoffs so it doesn't matter.'

That's fine though. Part of me believes that this is finally the year for the Bolts (everything is rolling our way unlike last year when everything seemed to go wrong) but the other part of me realizes that this team is being set up to have a pretty good run in the upcoming years.

KC Dan 12-18-2006 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boltpower 21
That comes off sounding like a sore loser: 'We lost but you'll lose in the playoffs so it doesn't matter.'

That's fine though. Part of me believes that this is finally the year for the Bolts (everything is rolling our way unlike last year when everything seemed to go wrong) but the other part of me realizes that this team is being set up to have a pretty good run in the upcoming years.

Disagree, the dolts had better win it this year. Because, LT will be on Madden 08 and we all know what will happen after that.

boltpower 21 12-18-2006 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Dan
Disagree, the dolts had better win it this year. Because, LT will be on Madden 08 and we all know what will happen after that.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!