ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Assuming we have the #1 pick... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267144)

Nightfyre 11-27-2012 09:44 PM

Assuming we have the #1 pick...

Answer the following questionnaire using all draft-eligible players-

1. Which QB do you want the Chiefs to draft?

2. Which QBs could you live with the Chiefs drafting #1 overall?

3. Which QBs would you prefer to see the Chiefs avoid?

4. Who is your #1 pick if it can't be a QB?

5. Assume the Chiefs were to draft a second QB later in the draft - Who would you like to see them target and roughly what round?

My answers:

1. Geno Smith
2. Geno Smith, Tyler Wilson, Aaron Murray, AJ McCarron, Zac Dysert, Ryan Nassib
3. Matt Barkley, Tyler Bray
4. Jarvis Jones - I think he can fit inside or outside and provide a ton of versatility in order to fit as a three-down player.
5. Zac Dysert - 2nd Round, Ryan Nassib - 2nd Round, Logan Thomas - 4th Round, Landry Jones - 4th Round, EJ Manuel - 4th Round

Sorter 11-27-2012 10:02 PM

1. Geno Smith
2. Smith, Wilson, Nassib, Murray, McCarron, Bray, Barkley
3. Landry Jones, EJ Manuel, Glennon, Logan Thomas
4. Jarvis Jones
5. Nassib as soon as possible.

Bewbies 11-28-2012 11:35 AM

Geno Smith.

Then I'm going to smoke a cigarette in bed with the tv off.

RealSNR 11-28-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9158306)

5. Assume the Chiefs were to draft a second QB later in the draft - Who would you like to see them target and roughly what round?

My answers:

1. Geno Smith
2. Geno Smith, Tyler Wilson, Aaron Murray, AJ McCarron, Zac Dysert, Ryan Nassib
3. Matt Barkley, Tyler Bray
4. Jarvis Jones - I think he can fit inside or outside and provide a ton of versatility in order to fit as a three-down player.
5. Zac Dysert - 2nd Round, Ryan Nassib - 2nd Round, Logan Thomas - 4th Round, Landry Jones - 4th Round, EJ Manuel - 4th Round

1. Geno Smith
2. Geno Smith, Tyler Wilson... maybe Aaron Murray? I'd pretty glum about everyone else
3. Mike Glennon, Landry Jones as anything but a secondary backup QB ala Kirk Cousins
4. Star Lotuleieioiueiuoaeauoiaeuei
5. Dysert in the 3rd sounds great. Boyd, Jones in the 4th or later would be great. If Tyler Bray really drops like a rock, I think we'd be stupid to not try him out with a late-round pick.

Saccopoo 11-29-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Geno Smith

Quote:

Geno Smith

Quote:

Matt Barkley
- The recent USC QB's haven't been solid NFL players despite tremendous college success. Barkley isn't really mobile and has to wind up to get the ball down field.

Quote:

Starlite Lotulelei
I have a hard time envisioning Dorsey on the roster next season and Star is capable of playing any position in any system on the line. Really works hard and is a solid character. Strong like bull. Is as talented with the upside at his position as any player in this draft.

Quote:

Landry Jones - 3rd Round
- The QB's are going to go early in 2013, with Nassib, Manuel and Murray most likely gone in the second round. Jones is a solid QB prospect with a lot of the tools you look for. Easily better than anyone on the current roster.

DJ's left nut 11-30-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9158306)

Geno

Geno, Wilson, Bray

All the rest...I could grudgingly live with Murray I guess

Jarvis Jones

Ugh...so many options. I'd look at any of the Murray, Wilson, Bray, Barkley group in the 2nd, as well as Manuel and maybe Jones. I'd add Jones and McCarron in the 3rd, along with Nassib and perhaps Dysert.

Above