ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Once a cheater, always a cheater? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267427)

burt 12-07-2012 10:45 AM

In my youth, I was a cheater. No longer. IF I ever make the vow...I will honor it and her. People do change....it's called growing up. But I don't expect this to be the norm. When I was young, I had a good outside and a bad inside. Now I have a good inside and bad outside!!!

BIG_DADDY 12-07-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9187129)
We don't hang out much but I agree you're living the dream roughly 4 days a year or so. The other 361 days I'm living the dream. Unless you have 4 or 5 regular chicks who love you unconditionally and are willing to bear your children and still love you for all your stupid faults, I think I win. But you likely prioritize differently so, whatever. It takes all kinds. I don't dislike gay people, Dave.

You chose to build a second family and god bless you you seem to be happier than any other time I have known you. That is a decision I would never make however. IF my marriage didn't work for any reason I would never get married again as I wouldn't rebuild. I am putting everything into this one kid and that's it for me. On that note our marriage is very successful and seems to just get better with time which is more than I can say for just about any of the marriages around us. Codependency seems to be everywhere. I have no interest in living out my days in that enviroment.

BIG_DADDY 12-07-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burt (Post 9187549)
In my youth, I was a cheater. No longer. IF I ever make the vow...I will honor it and her. People do change....it's called growing up. But I don't expect this to be the norm. When I was young, I had a good outside and a bad inside. Now I have a good inside and bad outside!!!

So did this good inside come about with the lack of options your bad outside was providing? LMAO

burt 12-07-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 9187556)
So did this good inside come about with the lack of options your bad outside was providing? LMAO

ROFL Actually, my good outside is returning...coupled with a good inside...I COULD be considered quite a catch!!

CoMoChief 12-07-2012 10:52 AM

I think it depends on circumstances.

If you're married....once a cheater ..always a cheater.

If you're just dating....well then I don't think that really counts.

Dayze 12-07-2012 10:55 AM

If, say, it were my wife of 25 years, and we've had zero issues throughout the course of the ; and it happened in a drunken state etc. and she was desperately remorseful in her actions, it would be really hard for me not to forgive her.

BIG_DADDY 12-07-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9187570)
If, say, it were my wife of 25 years, and we've had zero issues throughout the course of the ; and it happened in a drunken state etc. and she was desperately remorseful in her actions, it would be really hard for me not to forgive her.

So would you ask for your 1 time hall pass?

BTW, 25 years of marriage with zero issues is impossible. You know that right?

burt 12-07-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 9187575)
So would you ask for your 1 time hall pass.

BTW, 25 years of marriage with zero issues is improbable. You know that right?

FYP

Dayze 12-07-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 9187575)
So would you ask for your 1 time hall pass?

BTW, 25 years of marriage with zero issues is impossible. You know that right?

we've already talked; we both have a 1 time get out of jail free card if certain scenarios come up.; Hers is if David Beckham ever wants to tknock the bottom out of her, I told her have fun.

mine varies. lol. My current one is Emma Stone.

Dayze 12-07-2012 11:41 AM

zero issue in terms of the relationship almost being derailed etc.
my wife and I lieterally have about 2 fights a year. for realz.

BIG_DADDY 12-07-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9187663)
zero issue in terms of the relationship almost being derailed etc.
my wife and I lieterally have about 2 fights a year. for realz.

No, I believe that. We have what I call our annual and to tell you the truth it isn't all that. I think women just feel the need to test you once or twice a year for whatever reason.

Dayze 12-07-2012 11:55 AM

I concur

stevieray 12-07-2012 12:04 PM

Celebrated 20 years on wednesday...never would've happened if either on of us had cheated...we made that agreement before we tied the knot.

I'm crazy about my wife.

Rausch 12-07-2012 12:05 PM

Depends.

I cheated on every G/F I ever had until my wife...

Coogs 12-07-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 9187731)
Celebrated 20 years on wednesday...never would've happened if either on of us had cheated...we made that agreement before we tied the knot.

I'm crazy about my wife.

Congrats! You're two weeks ahead of me and Mrs. Coogs. 20 years on the 19th! Can't believe she has put up with me that long. And no, I have never strayed. Her... not so sure. My youngest son is very athletic... so I suspect the Schwan's man may be involved. :D