ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Transformers 4 will star Mark Wahlberg (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266384)

Bump 11-09-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarmy21b (Post 9102251)
That got canned? This is the best news I've heard in a while.

ya it did. I would be nice though if Nolan or someone good for a TMNT. It's way over due if you ask me! So is an awesome turtles video game, why isn't there one yet? not talking about the shitty games they've made since the super nintendo.

guitarmy21b 11-09-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9102262)
ya it did. I would be nice though if Nolan or someone good for a TMNT. It's way over due if you ask me! So is an awesome turtles video game, why isn't there one yet? not talking about the shitty games they've made since the super nintendo.

As much as I love TMNT, Nolan is way too good to take on that franchise. I'd actually prefer to see it left alone, video games and all(Turtles in Time will forever be my favorite TMNT game). I'm okay with the comics continuing though. If a movie must be made, I'm more towards the "anybody but Bay" mentality. Hell, even Brett Rattner would be a lot better than Bay.

-King- 11-09-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarmy21b (Post 9102278)
As much as I love TMNT, Nolan is way too good to take on that franchise. I'd actually prefer to see it left alone, video games and all(Turtles in Time will forever be my favorite TMNT game). I'm okay with the comics continuing though. If a movie must be made, I'm more towards the "anybody but Bay" mentality. Hell, even Brett Rattner would be a lot better than Bay.

This. I don't really know anyone who actually wants to see a live action TMNT movie.

It would take a lot for me to take it seriously.

guitarmy21b 11-09-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9102280)
This. I don't really know anyone who actually wants to see a live action TMNT movie.

It would take a lot for me to take it seriously.

Well, to be fair...the first one was actually pretty damn good. I always loved it as a kid, then I watched it for the first time in a long while a year or two ago and was surprised at how genuinely good it was according to my matured standards. It was very well done for live action. The sequels remain good on nostalgia alone, but not so much in quality.

Buehler445 11-10-2012 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarmy21b (Post 9102293)
Well, to be fair...the first one was actually pretty damn good. I always loved it as a kid, then I watched it for the first time in a long while a year or two ago and was surprised at how genuinely good it was according to my matured standards. It was very well done for live action. The sequels remain good on nostalgia alone, but not so much in quality.

Pretty much. The first one was pretty damned heavy.

mr. tegu 11-11-2012 09:41 AM

I'm not sure I get the hate for Transformers. They are action movies meant to entertain through really good special effects and robots that destroy each other and that's what they do. If you are looking for these movies to be some epic story for all time like LOTR and are subsequently disappointed then that's your fault.

Al Bundy 11-11-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9105536)
I'm not sure I get the hate for Transformers. They are action movies meant to entertain through really good special effects and robots that destroy each other and that's what they do. If you are looking for these movies to be some epic story for all time like LOTR and are subsequently disappointed then that's your fault.

I don't get it either.. I almost wonder if it has everything to do with it being Michael Bay.

-King- 11-11-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Because they have possibly the worst dialogue in movie history? How is "It's an action movie" an excuse for shitty scripts? I've never understood that. Why should I settle for an inferior movie overall just because it's an action movie that has cool explosions?

Al Bundy 11-11-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9105559)
Because they have possibly the worst dialogue in movie history? How is "It's an action movie" an excuse for shitty scripts? I've never understood that. Why should I settle for an inferior movie overall just because it's an action movie that has cool explosions?

Then you have to despise movies like Roadhouse.. or Steven Segal movies.

Kidd Lex 11-11-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

This. All of this. In these movies the dialogue is so bad I am usually falling asleep during the car chase/explosion scenes.

guitarmy21b 11-11-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

I just hate the characters in all of his movies because he's such a bad storyteller. Take the first one, for example...they spend a good amount of time building up Megan Fox's character as juvenile delinquent with a record, throw in some sappy moment where Shia tells John Turturro that he won't help save the world if he doesn't erase Megan Fox's record...just so at the end of the movie it "makes sense" that she knows how to hot wire a tow truck to save Bumblebee. Even his action scenes, while impressive, are just too much. The end of the 3rd one seemed like it was an hour long. After a while I started to feel like I was about to have a seizure and felt dumber for watching it. The comic relief he tries to throw in his movies is always pretty bad too.

mr. tegu 11-11-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

"Its an action" movie is a legitimate excuse and the reason. They know people watch the movie for the action and effects. Why would they put extra time and effort into something that likely won't increase revenue anyways?

I don't watch the movie picking out all the nuances in the dialogue, making sure everything makes, or looking for good chemistry between the actors on screen. I just don't look for that kind of entertainment out of the movie. If I get it great, if not oh well.

Bump 11-11-2012 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarmy21b (Post 9102278)

I believe it can be done. I'm like a huge fanboy of TNMT. That was MY SHIT when I was a kid. No other toys mattered.

A video game like the Batman games would be soooo sick. A live action movie can certainly be done today and be good, it just needs to be the right people. I want it! I would be crazy excited. TNMT to me, is like star wars for those people.

WhiteWhale 11-12-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9100047)
Michael Bay is so awesome!1 PLEASE continue to ruin my childhood!!

How is he ruining your childhood?

I guess I avoided this by not seeing any of his transformers movies.

The last time I watched a transformers movie in the theater I was like six. Optimus Prime died. I was totally sad. LMAO

Pitt Gorilla 11-12-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9108575)
How is he ruining your childhood?

I guess I avoided this by not seeing any of his transformers movies.

The last time I watched a transformers movie in the theater I was like six. Optimus Prime died. I was totally sad. LMAO

I wasn't being serious. In fact, the movies have created a new generation of fans. It's simply unfortunate that he doesn't understand human interaction/dialogue or story telling at all.