ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Teicher:On first play at camp, Chiefs show their new look (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274833)

OnTheWarpath15 07-27-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9838225)
That's high compensation. What have they committed to Smith?

Draft picks are currency. Do you honestly think they'd spend two valuable picks on a guy they aren't committed to?

Not to mention, it likely leaves us without the ammunition to move up for a QB next year in the event they want one.

OnTheWarpath15 07-27-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9838227)
My dad has them. He's petty sick right now so I would expect I'll go to most games this year. Not looking like he will make it to any
Posted via Mobile Device

Damn. Sorry to hear. Like I said, keep in touch.

SAUTO 07-27-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9838223)
You cant be serious.

Totally. not being happy about the new qb and the compensation given for him don't mean the season is a failed one prior to games being played.
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city 07-27-2013 01:08 PM

If they trade what yet did for Smith and move on from him before the second draft pick is even used....it if you think that's going to happen, you're crazy.

Also if you think things are bad here now, let that happen and see how it goes

Marcellus 07-27-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9838233)
Totally. not being happy about the new qb and the compensation given for him don't mean the season is a failed one prior to gashes being played.
Posted via Mobile Device

There are tons of poster who think Alex Smith will never win a PO game in KC, therefore the season and any season he plays is a failure before it starts.

No way you can argue me on that, no way.

keg in kc 07-27-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9838225)
That's high compensation. What have they committed to Smith?

He's an unusual circumstance in that they have him locked for 2 years. Is there really any reason to extend him now? What do you think the odds are that they will next year?

As far as other types of committment go, he was named the starter immediately, he's carrying himself in interviews as the unquestioned starter, and they're making him one of the faces of the franchise. I'd say it's pretty clear that they aren't treating him like a short-term fix.

SAUTO 07-27-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9838232)
Damn. Sorry to hear. Like I said, keep in touch.

For sure buddy. my daughter has never been and she wants to go to the opener. I think we will try to make it happen. my best friend is a Dallas fan and is dead set on going too.

I would say we will probably be there
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15 07-27-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9838233)
Totally. not being happy about the new qb and the compensation given for him don't mean the season is a failed one prior to gashes being played.
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO

Autocorrect sucks. Gashes.

And even the people he thinks are the most negative, including me have said they figure somewhere between 7-9 wins.

SO GODDAMN NEGATIVE!

Messier 07-27-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9838229)
Draft picks are currency. Do you honestly think they'd spend two valuable picks on a guy they aren't committed to?

Not to mention, it likely leaves us without the ammunition to move up for a QB next year in the event they want one.

Yes I do. If he underwhelms, I honestly think he won't be here longer that two years. Assuming this is just another SP and Cassell tied at the hip situation is a stretch.

Just to clarify, I think Smith will play well, and probably will get an extension.

keg in kc 07-27-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9838240)
LMAO

And even the people he thinks are the most negative, including me have said they figure somewhere between 7-9 wins.

SO GODDAMN NEGATIVE!

I've said 8-10 wins. I'm negative.

SAUTO 07-27-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9838237)
There are tons of poster who think Alex Smith will never win a PO game in KC, therefore the season and any season he plays is a failure before it starts.

No way you can argue me on that, no way.

I'm skeptical he will too, doesn't mean this season is a failure before it starts. I'm excited for the season.

failure or success will be determined when its over.
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus 07-27-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9838240)
LMAO

SO GODDAMN NEGATIVE!

So you think 7-9 is a success?

Marcellus 07-27-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9838245)
I'm skeptical he will too, doesn't mean this season is a failure before it starts. I'm excited for the season.

failure or success will be determined when its over.
Posted via Mobile Device

Your attitude does not = many others attitude nor their actions.

Messier 07-27-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9838238)
He's an unusual circumstance in that they have him locked for 2 years. Is there really any reason to extend him now? What do you think the odds are that they will next year?

As far as other types of committment go, he was named the starter immediately, he's carrying himself in interviews as the unquestioned starter, and they're making him one of the faces of the franchise. I'd say it's pretty clear that they aren't treating him like a short-term fix.

It completely depends on this season. Going 5-11 and throwing as many picks as TDs, ala Cassel, and I don't think there will be an extension.

SAUTO 07-27-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9838244)
I've said 8-10 wins. I'm negative.

I'm right there with you.
Posted via Mobile Device