ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   *****Official WCHA Final Five Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=181927)

Chest Rockwell 03-21-2008 07:23 PM

*****Official WCHA Final Five Thread*****

I expect this to drop down the frontpage like a rock...

DU already in the finals, CC playing the Golden Showers right now, 1-1 with 11:50 to go in the 2nd.

Couple of outstanding freshman netminders in this one with Bachmann and Kangas.

But does anybody else care?

Chest Rockwell 03-21-2008 07:30 PM

CC on the powerplay with 6:42 to go.

They've really pretty much dominated this game, but Kangas has been out of his mind.

Bearcat 03-21-2008 07:33 PM

I went to several UNO games this year... was hoping to be in Detroit for the CCHA championship, but didn't make it.

Can't wait for the Frozen Four. :toast:

Chest Rockwell 03-21-2008 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 4643683)
I went to several UNO games this year... was hoping to be in Detroit for the CCHA championship, but didn't make it.

Can't wait for the Frozen Four. :toast:

College hockey is a blast...got the first round of the tournament in town this year, but I'll be traveling...and can't go.

Chest Rockwell 03-21-2008 07:38 PM

CC powerplay again with 2:09 to go in 2nd...

Stu Bickel is likes to hold stick.

Chest Rockwell 03-21-2008 07:41 PM

Hillen with a great break and Kangas with an amazing save...Play by play announcer "Hillen did what a lot of guys do and shot before the legs were open...you gotta really hold onto it until the right leg opens up, then you can blow it right in there and score..."

Awesome.

End of 2, 1-1 tie.

Sully 03-21-2008 08:09 PM

I saw that a lot of these would be showing on the NHL network, but have been too busy watching basketball. Sucks.

Chest Rockwell 03-21-2008 08:11 PM

Golfers playing really well in the 3rd, ice seems to be tilted to their offensive zone. Tigs back on their heels after really dominating the first 2 periods...

Could be a fun finish.

Chest Rockwell 03-21-2008 08:28 PM

First 13 minutes of the 3rd was dominated by UM with ugly rugby-scrum hockey. From 7 minutes to 3:41 CC opens it up and somehow Minne gets saved by a pipe. Don't know how the puck bounced out instead of in from the angle it hit...2:30 left right now and it's WIDE OPEN balls-to-the-wall hockey.

Good stuff!!!

kstater 03-21-2008 08:30 PM

How do you get a final five?
Serious question. Actually like hockey.

Chest Rockwell 03-21-2008 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 4643766)
How do you get a final five?
Serious question. Actually like hockey.

End of the conference tournament. 3 teams automatically through to the semis (from first round play) and a play-in game gives final 5.

We're going to overtime, and evidently the local channel has lost the satellite feed as my screen goes blue. They've got 20 minutes to figure this sh*t out.

3rd period was pretty wild. CC is pretty obviously the more skilled team but UM is big and ground the pace down, and the NHL sized ice helped them out. Some furious back and forth at the end of the period, with both Fros. goalies making some nice stops.

Sully 03-21-2008 08:36 PM

I think it's on the NHL Network

I went to UM a couple of winters back and caught a hockey game. It was an awesome place to see a game... GREAT arena.
And whoever knew cheerleaders on ice would be my favorite?

Chest Rockwell 03-21-2008 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 4643774)
I think it's on the NHL Network

I went to UM a couple of winters back and caught a hockey game. It was an awesome place to see a game... GREAT arena.
And whoever knew cheerleaders on ice would be my favorite?

Thanks, but they got it back as I was my way out the door to the local NBC affiliate with my shotgun.

College hockey is a TON of fun live. I'm gonna miss that a lot after the relocation.

ChiefsCountry 03-21-2008 08:52 PM

Its pretty popular here in Springfield, we dont have an offical school team but its a club sport and they normally sell out the 1000 seat hockey rink in Springfield.

Chest Rockwell 03-21-2008 08:54 PM

OT starting off like the 3rd with UM dominating early.

Bachman showing why he was the WCHA-POY so far though...