ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones *Spoiler* Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257986)

Sorter 12-31-2013 05:00 PM

It's also going to be funny to see them build up Kevan to provide viewers with a good Lannister in power, only to take him away. ROFL

Bowser 12-31-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10324827)
Bron as well. That ****ing kills me.

I thought Bronn married Lollys and rode into the sunset to be gone forever? (it's been awhile, so some things I may be forgetting)

Baby Lee 12-31-2013 09:48 PM

Is there any significance to Hodor's real name.

Those who know probably know why I ask.

Also, why was Jamie's amputation done by Vargo Hoat in the woods, rather than a Dothrok in Herrenhal?

Sorter 01-01-2014 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10324952)
I thought Bronn married Lollys and rode into the sunset to be gone forever? (it's been awhile, so some things I may be forgetting)

I mean, he did while also ****ing Tyrion over.

KcMizzou 01-01-2014 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10297945)
Osha cleans up really good.....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0gDQIB6AHw0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(this guy might be the worst interviewer ever, btw)

Damn, she's awesome. Seems more wild than her "wildling" character.

Bowser 01-01-2014 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10325291)
Is there any significance to Hodor's real name.

Those who know probably know why I ask.

Also, why was Jamie's amputation done by Vargo Hoat in the woods, rather than a Dothrok in Herrenhal?

Are you referring to his obvious potential lineage? Possibly, but you'd think there would be some reference to it by now. That being said, GRRM can be a sadistic bastard and drop suprises literally at any point.

And I'm thinking Hoat did it to Jaime because he feared him and wanted to break his spirit to keep him under wraps. That actually may have been somewhat explained in the books, the more I think about it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10326406)
I mean, he did while also ****ing Tyrion over.

True. I guess just by virtue of Bronn taking up Cersei's offer he betrays Tyrion. He never once turns out to be something he never was, though.

Baby Lee 01-01-2014 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10327477)
Are you referring to his obvious potential lineage? Possibly, but you'd think there would be some reference to it by now. That being said, GRRM can be a sadistic bastard and drop suprises literally at any point.

And I'm thinking Hoat did it to Jaime because he feared him and wanted to break his spirit to keep him under wraps. That actually may have been somewhat explained in the books, the more I think about it.

True. I guess just by virtue of Bronn taking up Cersei's offer he betrays Tyrion. He never once turns out to be something he never was, though.

I was listening to the audiobook on my Xmas travels, and they had just arrived at Harrenhal, and the hand was definitely taken by a Dothrok underling. No biggy, just something that piqued my curiosity.

Bowser 01-01-2014 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10327500)
I was listening to the audiobook on my Xmas travels, and they had just arrived at Harrenhal, and the hand was definitely taken by a Dothrok underling. No biggy, just something that piqued my curiosity.

I'm wracking the brain now thinking about it. IIRC, Jaime explains to Brienne how he understands why Hoat did it, actually calling him clever for doing so (or giving the ok to do it). Might have to go to one of the ASoIaF sites to read up on it now.

And just a head's up - Dotrice's narration and the first three books are near perfect, but the guy they have doing the fourth is nowhere as good (blanking on the name. He actually could pass for George Takei, lol). Even worse, Dotrice comes back for the fifth book and is terrible, just bad. He even pronounces Catelyn's name KATE-lin. Total WTF moment.

Pepe Silvia 01-01-2014 11:17 PM

I cannot wait for season 4.

Swanman 01-02-2014 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10324952)

And named the child Lollys was carrying as a result of the gangrape Tywin. Bronn is always good for a laugh.

Hawk 01-06-2014 10:43 AM

They recast the Mountain again. This one looks like pretty good casting, the last one was too skinny.

http://www.pajiba.com/image/tumblr_m...s07wo1_500.jpg

Sorter 01-06-2014 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 10349554)
They recast the Mountain again. This one looks like pretty good casting, the last one was too skinny.

http://www.pajiba.com/image/tumblr_m...s07wo1_500.jpg

http://www.moviefancentral.com/image...gif?1356648434

ModSocks 01-06-2014 12:50 PM

This show really that good?

Im into settings like this and i love fantasy movies like LOTR etc. I wanna try this show out but for some reason it has yet to really grab me by the balls.

I just started watching Dexter and that's an awesome show. I also watch American Horror Story.

The Franchise 01-06-2014 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 10350088)
This show really that good?

Im into settings like this and i love fantasy movies like LOTR etc. I wanna try this show out but for some reason it has yet to really grab me by the balls.

I just started watching Dexter and that's an awesome show. I also watch American Horror Story.

A couple of helpful tips.

Start watching Game of Thrones. Stop watching Dexter after the 4th season.

DaFace 01-06-2014 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10350094)
A couple of helpful tips.

Start watching Game of Thrones. Stop watching Dexter after the 4th season.

3. Stay out of a GOT spoiler thread until you've caught up. GOT may be one of the worst shows ever created in terms of losing its intrigue if you know the end results.