ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Michael Lombardi said something very interesting on the radio... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268660)

htismaqe 01-09-2013 07:56 AM

Michael Lombardi said something very interesting on the radio...

They were talking about what went wrong with Scott Pioli in Kansas City and whether the new reporting structure is an improvement.

Lombardi said some really interesting and somewhat profound things during the discussion.

First, he said building cohesion in the staff is of primary importance. He said if the entire staff agrees on how to build the team philosophically, "final say" is pretty irrelevant. He said that sure, there might be arguments about SPECIFIC players but there would never be disagreements about what PROFILE of player the team is looking for.

He said part of the problem with Pioli was that he was trying to recreate the success of the Patriots while coming in with the wrong frame of mind. He said when they all left Cleveland in 1995, they were thoroughly focused on what went WRONG. Belichek went to the Patriots still focused on what went WRONG. Pioli came to KC directly off his success in New England, completely focused on what went RIGHT. It creates a kind of tunnel vision, where the cracks are very hard to see (or are even ignored) and thus the foundation isn't solid.

Andy Reid seems to be setup for more success because he left Philly focused on what went wrong. It gives him an advantage over a guy like Bill Cowher, who left Pittsburgh focused totally on what went right.

AussieChiefsFan 01-09-2013 08:00 AM

:hmmm:

notorious 01-09-2013 08:04 AM

Reid has proven to be successful.

He has made mistakes, let's hope that he knows how to learn from them. If he does, he will do very well here.

It most fields, mistakes are what you learn the MOST from.

Mother****erJones 01-09-2013 08:04 AM

**** the Patriot Butt Boys

scho63 01-09-2013 08:08 AM

No offense to OP but I don't give a flying f**k anymore about that fat SOB what's his name! He is dead to me!!!!

Time to move forward and let's ban anymore threads about him and the past disaster!!!

POSITIVE MOJO FOR 2013!!!

htismaqe 01-09-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 9299186)
No offense to OP but I don't give a flying f**k anymore about that fat SOB what's his name! He is dead to me!!!!

Time to move forward and let's ban anymore threads about him and the past disaster!!!

POSITIVE MOJO FOR 2013!!!

Um, are you mentally challenged?

The OP is ALL ABOUT positive mojo for 2013. Read it again.

Buehler445 01-09-2013 08:21 AM

Thanks Htis. That makes pretty decent sense. It may be over simplistic, but it is definitely optomistic. I DEFINITELY never wanted Cowher here this year. This just reinforces it (more).

Rasputin 01-09-2013 08:25 AM

**** Scott pioli

We are moving on & **** Scot Pioli

bevischief 01-09-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9299230)
**** Scott *****

We are moving on & **** Scot *****

This.

Brock 01-09-2013 08:34 AM

The guy thought the way to create a culture was to put up signs about whiners "gathering in small groups" to complain and things like that. He never had a clue.

RunKC 01-09-2013 08:38 AM

I think it's pretty clear. Pioli had overconfidence in everything he did and he was the top guy. Now we have a cohesive TEAM to help with everything.

How Pioli ever thought Cassel was "right" is beyond me.

crossbow 01-09-2013 09:09 AM

Why did he dismantle the bond between the players and the fans? The fans held the players accountable in a "don't let the family down" way. Why all the paranoid moves of secrecy? He walled himself from the community. I learned very early in my career that if you don't get the customer on your side you are doomed. Business 101: if your customers don't care about you then they will blame you

Rausch 01-09-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9299245)
He never had a clue.

This.

And he was ****ing Narcissus...

Red Brooklyn 01-09-2013 09:21 AM

I think that's a really interesting observation. And not an angle I'd personally considered. Makes a lot of sense.

Now, it'll be interesting to see what Pioli does, if he's able to land another GM position. Will he be focused on "what went wrong" in KC, and will he have more success at the next stop?

Ace Gunner 01-09-2013 09:28 AM

reasonable points, for sure. but snotty was in over his head here. classic case of nitpicking & not creating a business atmosphere where individuals could succeed and contribute to the overall success of the organization. narcissistic, as rausch already said.