ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs With Sunday start for Chiefs, Quinn could reclaim his career. (KC Star) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264961)

Marcellus 10-10-2012 07:45 PM

With Sunday start for Chiefs, Quinn could reclaim his career. (KC Star)

By ADAM TEICHER

The Kansas City Star

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2...Gyo.Em.81.jpeg

By all rights, it shouldn’t be this way for Brady Quinn. He’s 27 and in his sixth NFL season, so as a former first-round draft pick he should not only have a team to call his own but be comfortably rooted as its starting quarterback.
It hasn’t worked that way for Quinn. But he will get a chance, perhaps a last chance, to resurrect his long-stalled career on Sunday when he will make his first start in almost three years, this one for the Chiefs against the Buccaneers in Tampa.
Quarterback Matt Cassel has not been medically cleared to participate and did not practice Wednesday. Coach Romeo Crennel didn’t rule Cassel out of Sunday’s game, but given that the NFL demands caution with players who have suffered a concussion, as Cassel did last week, that appears to be a formality.
So the Chiefs will go with Quinn, who played for a handful of snaps in relief of the injured Cassel toward the end of last week’s game against Baltimore.
“This is his opportunity to reclaim his career,” said Shawn Zobel, who runs a draft website at DraftHeadquarters.com. Zobel thought enough of Quinn when he came out of Notre Dame in 2007 that he could have been the overall No. 1 pick.
“He’s only 27. So he’s got that going for him. When you think about it from that perspective, he’s younger than (Cleveland rookie quarterback) Brandon Weeden.”
Cassel was at the practice facility Wednesday, but only briefly. He did not attend practice.
“He came into the building today,” Crennel said. “He was not here long. Concussions, they want you to rest, take your time with it.
“He’s been getting a series of tests as it relates to the concussion and he’s been seeing the doctors. I think he’s getting better but you know the league is very serious and cautious about concussions and how about how to handle them so we have to follow procedures on that as we go forward.”
So the Chiefs will go with Quinn on Sunday. While that prospect doesn’t sound exciting to at least some NFL teams — in the past three years, Quinn has been discarded by the Browns, couldn’t get off the bench for the Broncos and not good enough to replace a struggling Cassel for the Chiefs — at one time it would have been.
He was a first-round pick in 2007 of the Browns, then coached by Crennel. He spent two seasons with Cleveland under Crennel, making only three starts, and one year after Crennel was fired, making nine starts.
He was then traded to Denver, where he spent two years buried on the bench behind Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow. He joined the Chiefs as a free agent this year. That’s hardly the career predicted for Quinn when he left Notre Dame.
“I know when I went into Notre Dame, they’d had a couple .500 seasons, or right about that, and I know that we went to two BCS games in the first two years that I was at Notre Dame and one of the main reasons was Brady Quinn,” said Kansas’ Charlie Weis, Quinn’s coach at the end of his Irish career. “And when he left, I told the people, the fans and everyone that you’re really going to miss this kid when he’s gone. And we went 3-9 the next year. So there’s a lot to say for what that kid did for Notre Dame when I was there. We won a lot of football games and he carried the torch. He was clearly the leader.”
Sunday’s game gives Quinn a chance to reestablish his career. Cassel left the lineup because of injury, but was playing so poorly that the Chiefs couldn’t afford to yank Quinn if he plays well during his trial as the starter.
But Quinn wouldn’t acknowledge that on Wednesday.
“There is no bigger picture,” he said. “Tampa is a good team. We’ve got a big challenge ahead of us. There’s no need for me or anyone else to be looking further than this week or even tomorrow’s preparation.”
Yet Quinn also admitted his emotions stirred when he replaced Cassel last week, the first time he’s played in the regular season since December 2009. He said he expected them to do so on Sunday as well.
Since he was Cleveland’s coach when Quinn was drafted, it’s reasonable to believe the quarterback is a favorite of Crennel’s. He didn’t sound on Wednesday as if he had a lot of confidence in Quinn.
“I hope the fact that he understands the offense and understands the system (means) he will be able to step in and be productive,” Crennel said. “He’s got some height, he’s got experience, he can throw the ball down the field, he can throw it intermediate. He has a good command of the offense. He knows what’s expected. He knows the calls and can get us into plays, out of plays.
“Now he has to go execute.” (Unlike CAssel?)

Quinn didn’t play at all as a rookie and started only three games the next season. He lost the rest of that season with a finger injury.
“He was a good talent coming out,” Crennel said. “There’s no doubt about it. He was a productive quarterback and had command of the offense that he ran up at Notre Dame and the weapons he had with him.
“When he got to us, we didn’t have quite as many weapons as he had there at Notre Dame and he was learning a new system and so he wasn’t quite as effective as he had been at Notre Dame. Then he got hurt also. That impacted his development. That made it tough to make a solid evaluation of him.”
Quinn remained with the Browns for one more year after Crennel was fired. His coordinator that season was Brian Daboll, now with the Chiefs. Daboll was unavailable for comment Wednesday but Crennel said, remarkably, that he never asked Daboll what he thought of Quinn before the Chiefs signed him.
The Chiefs are hopeful the Browns were wrong on giving up on Quinn so quickly.
“He was only there for three years,” Zobel said. “To me, when a guy gets drafted in the first round and didn’t play a down his first year and starts only three games his second year and then nine the next year, there’s no way to make a good evaluation on him. It just wasn’t a good mix of talent there. That wasn’t a great situation there.
“He never got a fair shake with the Browns. It never got off on the right foot. That’s not how a team should allow a young guy to develop. You should put him out there and let him take his lumps and learn from them. He never had that opportunity.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/10/10...#storylink=cpy

The 2 bold parts just make you go WTF.

I know this has been discussed but considering how little time Quinn has had on the field why do so many people think he sucks?

Reerun_KC 10-10-2012 07:46 PM

I hope Quinn gets broke in half or fails just as bad as Cassel...

I dont want false hope in the fanbase or for Pioli to retain his role by any success by Quinn...

But also Quinn blows ass, so we shouldnt havent much to worry about.

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-10-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9000078)
I know this has been discussed but considering how little time Quinn has had on the field why do so many people think he sucks?

I'm guessing his career up to this point.

Rausch 10-10-2012 07:49 PM

So the HC didn't even speak with the OC before going after a b/u QB?...

Rausch 10-10-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9000083)

I dont want false hope in the fanbase or for Pioli to retain his role by any success by Quinn...

I'd like to believe we have a respectable no 2 QB going into next year...

chiefzilla1501 10-10-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

But also Quinn blows ass, so we shouldnt havent much to worry about.

I want Quinn to succeed because I just cannot see this team giving up on Cassel unless they absolutely have to.

I don't worry about Quinn giving the team false hope. If Quinn keeps the job until season's end, I feel pretty confident they'll still get a QB. There isn't any man crush at stake here.

FlaChief58 10-10-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9000094)
So the HC didn't even speak with the OC before going after a b/u QB?...

It's a process

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-10-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9000099)
I'd like to believe we have a respectable no 2 QB going into next year...

This. We are Chiefs fans and we hate success unless it comes with the guy we want.

Hammock Parties 10-10-2012 07:54 PM

http://i.imgur.com/ac5Oo.gif

CoMoChief 10-10-2012 07:55 PM

I hope Quinn does well....simply because I don't ever want to see Cassel starting another game for KC in my life.

CoMoChief 10-10-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9000113)

You need to post that gif of Cassel in the Ravens playoff game where he has like 10seconds to throw, hops around like a moron....shits his pants because he sees a ladybug on the ground, then throws an INT.

That's the best Cassel GIF IMO...not the Denver game where he overthrows a 5 yd pass by a mile.

Rausch 10-10-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Yeah, we've seen that throw.

A thousand times.

That was years ago. Ca$$hole has failed 3 of the last 4 years...

Marcellus 10-10-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9000117)
I hope Quinn does well....simply because I don't ever want to see Cassel starting another game for KC in my life.

Boom. This. X2. All the other lexicon that means the same thing.

Coogs 10-10-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

"He’s only 27. So he’s got that going for him. When you think about it from that perspective, he’s younger than (Cleveland rookie quarterback) Brandon Weeden.”
I know this will not be popular, but I hope if Quinn succeeds here, he really succeeds. I would love for this team to get on a roll. A big roll. Not a 6-10 type season, but 9-7 to even 10-6. It's a long shot, I know. But it has been done before.

I would be just as thrilled for a 27 year old Quinn as I would be many of the 1st round QB's comming out in this draft short of one... Geno Smith... but I don't see that happening.

Next best option for me behind Smith would be for Quinn to break out. Saw it many years ago with Len Dawson. Maybe time for history to repeat it self for the Chiefs.

Discuss Thrower 10-10-2012 08:03 PM

If I could, I would take every GoChiefs post on Quinn as RehashPlanet.

Not because I think he's wrong, but I'm tired of seeing the same take again and again and again and again and again and again...

stonedstooge 10-10-2012 08:05 PM

I always thought that Crennel maybe just wasn't good at public speaking, but after hearing more of him, he's a ****ing moron. How did this guy ever make it to this level in the NFL. This bullshit of protecting Cassel as if he was some ****ing superstar player on this team is so baffling I just don't even know what to say anymore.

notorious 10-10-2012 08:05 PM

He better do one of two things:

1. Suck complete ass

2. Win the Superbowl

Anything else is just jerking off with a whiskey dick.

Marcellus 10-10-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9000162)
He better do one of two things:

1. Suck complete ass

2. Win the Superbowl

Anything else is just jerking off with a whiskey dick.

True for the most part.

The part about Quinn still being younger than Brandon Weeden cracked me up though.

JFC like the Browns haven't gone through enough. They drafted a rookie QB in the 1st round who is older than their last 1st round draft pick QB that they no longer have, who has been in the NFL for 6 years. :doh!:

FAX 10-10-2012 08:13 PM

I'm just hoping that the squad rallies around him. What we need in Tampa is a good, strong squad rally.

FAX

O.city 10-10-2012 08:14 PM

Just be nice to see someone at QB who has some kind of idea what he is doing.

I'm amazed that a GM can watch Matt Cassel and his shitty mechanics, awful accuracy, weakish arm, and terrible vision and think that he is a starting NFL Qb.

Shit, Quinn might set the world on fire. I don't know. Probably won't.

But atleast he has some sort of resemblance to a QB.

Mr_Tomahawk 10-10-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

He throws the ball like 40 yards.

WTF...? Is that allowed?

Shogun 10-10-2012 08:16 PM

IF ONLY WE HAD ALEX SMITH AND A HARBAUGH

notorious 10-10-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9000181)

The part about Quinn still being younger than Brandon Weeden cracked me up though.

LMAO

How do you think Weedon felt in a locker room full of 19 and 20 year olds?

"Hey bro! Can you go buy us some beer after practice?!"

stonedstooge 10-10-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9000186)
I'm just hoping that the squad rallies around him. What we need in Tampa is a good, strong squad rally.

FAX

Roleo sounds like a showing like that would piss him off

Marcellus 10-10-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9000192)
He throws the ball like 40 yards.

WTF...? Is that allowed?

Quinn's interceptions will leave the opponent with much worse field position than Cassel's interceptions for sure. :D

Rausch 10-10-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9000197)
Quinn's interceptions will leave the opponent with much worse field position than Cassel's interceptions for sure. :D

There's that...

O.city 10-10-2012 08:18 PM

One of the biggest Pioli **** ups that no one is talking about is Kyle Orton.

I know he isn't/wasn't the answer, but I'd venture to say that if he were the starting QB this year we'd be better than 1-4.

Matt Cassel is a team life sucker.

I haven't been round much this week as it's midterms and I've been busy with stuff, but the whole Winston thing was bs. Yeah, I like him taking up for his Qb. Fine, good job.

But why isn't he jabbing at his own ****ing team members for playing like their hair was on fire once Cassel went out. It was like new life was breathed into the team.

BigMeatballDave 10-10-2012 08:18 PM

If Quinn lights it up, Crennel and Pioli will look stupid having handed the starting job to a lesser talented QB.

The Bad Guy 10-10-2012 08:18 PM

So Quinn could reclaim his career due to one start?

I hope he sucks as bad as Cassel. Quinn success would equal bad things for this franchise and provide more smoke and mirrors.

The Bad Guy 10-10-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9000201)

I know he isn't/wasn't the answer, but I'd venture to say that if he were the starting QB this year we'd be better than 1-4.

I haven't been round much this week as it's midterms and I've been busy with stuff, but the whole Winston thing was bs. Yeah, I like him taking up for his Qb. Fine, good job.

But why isn't he jabbing at his own ****ing team members for playing like their hair was on fire once Cassel went out. It was like new life was breathed into the team.

Orton didn't want to be here. He took similar money as a backup to what we were offering. He knew this team was Cassel's.

TEX 10-10-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9000157)
I always thought that Crennel maybe just wasn't good at public speaking, but after hearing more of him, he's a ****ing moron. How did this guy ever make it to this level in the NFL. This bullshit of protecting Cassel as if he was some ****ing superstar player on this team is so baffling I just don't even know what to say anymore.

He's The ultimate yes man. That's how he made it to this level

FAX 10-10-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9000196)
Roleo sounds like a showing like that would piss him off

ROFL

He does, doesn't he?

That Roleo ... such a pessimist. He needs to check his attitude because the squad takes on the personality of their coach and we need a motivated, enthusiastic squad ... not a depressed, apathetic squad.

FAX

Gonzo 10-10-2012 08:19 PM

IMHO Quinn failing would be bad. Then Pioli could just refer to bad coaching, etc or find some other damn excuse. we need him to succeed at least a little. Mediocrity and a W would be acceptable so we'd never have to see Matt "throw" another ****ing pass.

O.city 10-10-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9000204)
Orton didn't want to be here. He took similar money as a backup to what we were offering. He knew this team was Cassel's.

Thats what I'm saying. That was an easy/somewhat easy out for Pioli from Cassel.

He got injured and Orton sparked the team, we are gonna move forward with Kyle Orton at this point.

O.city 10-10-2012 08:22 PM

Whats even shittier is that Quinn looked better in the preseason with the 2's and 3's than Matt did with the 1's.

"But Matts a good leader"

Marcellus 10-10-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9000202)
If Quinn lights it up, Crennel and Pioli will look stupid having handed the starting job to a lesser talented QB.

LJ vs JC ring a bell?

Coogs 10-10-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9000203)
So Quinn could reclaim his career due to one start?

I hope he sucks as bad as Cassel. Quinn success would equal bad things for this franchise and provide more smoke and mirrors.

If he can't beat out Cassel in one start, then I suspect your 2nd sentence will come to fruitation. I'm not sure if I would agree with your 3rd sentence just yet though.

Like I said earlier, outside of Smith, at this point none of the other potential 1st round QB's really excites me just yet.

Gonzo 10-10-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9000213)
Thats what I'm saying. That was an easy/somewhat easy out for Pioli from Cassel.

He got injured and Orton sparked the team, we are gonna move forward with Kyle Orton at this point.

Shit, I dunno... I think we're just fubar'd no matter what. All I know is I just don't ever want to see Cassel again. Ever. I'll take Quinn or Orton or Doug ****ing Flutie at this point.

FAX 10-10-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9000201)

It did appear that, overall, the squad played much better after Cassel went all glassy-eyed and spinny-headed.

Hey I have a squad joke for you ... here it comes ...

Do you know what Matt Cassel and a Slinky have in common?

They are both completely useless but it's fun to shove them down the stairs.

FAX

Easy 6 10-10-2012 08:24 PM

I still believe Romeo can be a helluva DC, but yeah, we certainly dont need him in charge of a hotshot rookies development... the article is pretty damning of him in that respect.

As for Quinn, i still have doubts stronger than a Mongo punch, but it certainly WAS nice to see a few throws that didnt come off a helium tank, i hope he lights a fire big enough to be seen from space & regains his old glory... with that new found league/self respect, he would then be a suitable bridge/mentor type to the afformentioned hotshot rookie.

FlaChief58 10-10-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9000225)
It did appear that, overall, the squad played much better after Cassel went all glassy-eyed and spinny-headed.

FAX

ROFL

ReynardMuldrake 10-10-2012 08:25 PM

The better Quinn looks the stupider Pioli looks. I want Quinn to succeed just to make Pioli look like a giant flaming jackass.

Rausch 10-10-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake (Post 9000232)
The better Quinn looks the stupider Pioli looks. I want Quinn to succeed just to make Pioli look like a giant flaming jackass.

This.

I just want Quinn to play good enough to keep Ca$$hole on the bench.

Anything other than that is gravy...

Marcellus 10-10-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Damn never thought of that.

Problem is that will only look that way here. Everywhere else it will be Pioli was a genious for signing Quinn to back up Cassel in case he failed.

The Bad Guy 10-10-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9000222)
If he can't beat out Cassel in one start, then I suspect your 2nd sentence will come to fruitation. I'm not sure if I would agree with your 3rd sentence just yet though.

Like I said earlier, outside of Smith, at this point none of the other potential 1st round QB's really excites me just yet.

So if Quinn shows well, you had him the keys and wait another year?

That's just not what I want to do. I had my doubts about Tannehill, but he looks like the real deal.

Marcellus 10-10-2012 08:28 PM

I just noticed the front page is all Quinn threads, no Cassel BS, his name is not mentioned in one thread title. That itself is a win, even if a temporary one.

Bob Dole 10-10-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

I hope Quinn gets broke in half...

Well, we now know who at least on of the fans last week was...

Rausch 10-10-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9000240)
Damn never thought of that.

Problem is that will only look that way here. Everywhere else it will be Pioli was a genious for signing Quinn to back up Cassel in case he failed.

The better Quinn plays the more obvious the difference to the casual idiot fan...

Rausch 10-10-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9000244)
I just noticed the front page is all Quinn threads, no Cassel BS, his name is not mentioned in one thread title. That itself is a win, even if a temporary one.

Baby steps...

The Bad Guy 10-10-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

I don't agree with that. If Quinn does well, Pioli will get another pass with Clark.

BossChief 10-10-2012 08:29 PM

Haha

The first thing Romeo came up with as far as support of Quinn was "height"?

Well guys, I really like our quarterback because he isn't short.

GO CHIEFS!!!

Fat Elvis 10-10-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9000225)

FAX

That should be Cassel's new nickname.

Hammock Parties 10-10-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9000217)
Whats even shittier is that Quinn looked better in the preseason with the 2's and 3's than Matt did with the 1's.

"But Matts a good leader"

This is NOT TRUE.

People were stroking Cassel off in preseason.

Then the third game came and he sucked, but, eh.

Brady Quinn sucked dog shit in preseason.

Coogs 10-10-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9000243)

That's just not what I want to do. I had my doubts about Tannehill, but he looks like the real deal.

Yeah. If he plays well Sunday I would start him after the BYE week. I'd see how the rest of the season plays out before I would commit to him long term though.

Hell, I hope he is great. Nothing wrong with that. That solves a lot of problems.

O.city 10-10-2012 08:36 PM

You've twice called me a liar in this thread.

Appreciate it.

Marcellus 10-10-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9000271)
This is NOT TRUE.

So your point would be it doesn't matter what happens in preseason?

ReynardMuldrake 10-10-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9000251)
I don't agree with that. If Quinn does well, Pioli will get another pass with Clark.

I want it to be painfully, crushingly, undeniably obvious the magnitude of the mistake he made by jumping in bed with Cassel. If a mediocre QB can come in and look pretty good, there's nothing else to blame it on. If both QBs fail miserably, he's just going to blame it on the coaching staff and say his decision had nothing to do with it.

Canofbier 10-10-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9000271)
This is NOT TRUE.

I was about to post the same thing. For better or worse, both Quinn and Stanzi completely and utterly blew in the preseason, and made Cassel look like an NFL QB by comparison.

O.city 10-10-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake (Post 9000281)
I want it to be painfully, crushingly, undeniably obvious the magnitude of the mistake he made by jumping in bed with Cassel. If a mediocre QB can come in and look pretty good, there's nothing else to blame it on. If both QBs fail miserably, he's just going to blame it on the coaching staff and say his decision had nothing to do with it.

This, or atleast the first part, has already happened.

Rausch 10-10-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9000274)
Yeah. If he plays well Sunday I would start him after the BYE week. I'd see how the rest of the season plays out before I would commit to him long term though.

The only long term commitment he should get is a low $$$ contract as the b/u.

At best...

petegz28 10-10-2012 08:43 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LJgmeEH1lrE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BoneKrusher 10-10-2012 08:43 PM

i look at it this way:
We know exactly what we have in Cassel after three plus years.

we don't know for sure what we have in Brady Quinn, he could me the next Trent Green or Rich Gannon who could take this team out of the cellar of the AFC West and that would be cool with me because it ends the MC era in KC.

as long as we never see Cassel as the Starter again, i'm cool for the try.

Bob Dole 10-10-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9000251)

Didn't you hear? Pioli already got a contract extension.

Coogs 10-10-2012 08:44 PM

Remember, Quinn wanted to come here. He could have stayed in Denver for more money. In Denver he is on the bench. In KC, I suspect he thought something like Sunday in Tampa could happen. Another shot at being a starting NFL QB. My guess is he is going to go into this game with the idea of ever handing the job off to anyone else. He may say publicly what Pioli wants to hear... but I bet it is just lip service.

BossChief 10-10-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9000243)

Pioli really ****ed us during the draft.

Dallas moved up from 17 to 6 with a second round pick. One would assume we could have moved from 11 to 6 with a third round pick and taken Tannehill and he would be taking over right now. FOR GOOD.

Hey Pioli, how about a franchise quarterback?

Nah, I'll take two linemen instead. Thanks for asking.

What Tannehill has been doing with shit weapons around him is amazing.

If he were here, we damn sure would be excited.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-10-2012 08:47 PM

QB's are just coming into the league and hit the ground running. They are better prepared and more polished. It's not a risky proposition at all moving up and snagging one.

Marcellus 10-10-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9000303)
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LJgmeEH1lrE" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

With Bowe and Baldwin Quinn has 2 very big tall athletic receivers. Too bad we will run it 90 times.

petegz28 10-10-2012 08:47 PM

All I can say is I refuse to believe Quinn is worse than Cassel. In camp I thought they were even but that Cassel had the edge. In pre-season we saw Quinn make throws Cassel can't\doesn't\won't. In the Ravens game all 3 of his passes, including the checkdown looked better than anything Cassel has thrown all year save the 1 TD to Boss in the home opener.

Coogs 10-10-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9000299)
The only long term commitment he should get is a low $$$ contract as the b/u.

At best...

Depends on what happens the rest of the season. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Let's see what happens Sunday first.

petegz28 10-10-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9000323)
Depends on what happens the rest of the season. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Let's see what happens Sunday first.

My fears with Quinn are it will take him a few games to get into the groove, he will lead us to a 7-9 season, we cut him, draft a bust and Quinn goes on to tear it up somewhere.

OR

He comes out, tears it up, we don't draft a QB, then he goes all Matt Cassel on us next year.

Hammock Parties 10-10-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9000322)
In the Ravens game all 3 of his passes, including the checkdown looked better than anything Cassel has thrown all year

That's just not true at all.

Go and look at any throw Cassel made in the first half against Atlanta. He made two or three excellent throws to Bowe that were 20 yards down the field.

Hell, he made a few nice throws against the Saints in the second half.

Brady Quinn is NOT better than Cassel.

This is part of why Pioli is a shitty GM. He acquired a shitty ****ing loser to be our backup QB. Believe it.

Rausch 10-10-2012 08:51 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jkM4k_M5Img" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:LOL:

Rausch 10-10-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9000339)

Go and look at any throw Cassel made in the first half against Atlanta. He made two or three excellent throws to Bowe that were 20 yards down the field.

This is part of why Pioli is a shitty GM. He acquired a shitty ****ing loser to be our backup QB. Believe it.

With your record of predictions and evaluations he's destined for 300 yards and 3 TD's...

Pasta Little Brioni 10-10-2012 08:52 PM

This line and weapons makes Quinn as hot and sweaty as standing between 2 shirtless men does.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-10-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9000347)
With your record of predictions and evaluations he's destined for 300 yards and 3 TD's...

...and THIS

petegz28 10-10-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9000339)

That's the point, Clay, Cassel makes a few nice throws here and there. I thought this year he would be consistent but he isn't at all. His passing game is like my golf game....1 good shot then 3 bad ones, an ok one, couple more bad ones, an ok one, a good one, maybe another good one, then a few more bad ones. End of the game, 0 birdies, maybe a par or two and a bunch of bogies and double bogies with a triple or two in there.

Rausch 10-10-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9000366)
That's the point, Clay, Cassel makes a few nice throws here and there. I thought this year he would be consistent but he isn't at all. His passing game is like my golf game....1 good shot then 3 bad ones, an ok one, couple more bad ones, an ok one, a good one, maybe another good one, then a few more bad ones. End of the game, 0 birdies, maybe a par or two and a bunch of bogies and double bogies with a triple or two in there.

and about 3 turnovers a game...

petegz28 10-10-2012 09:00 PM

The biggest thing I look for is or receivers not CONSTANTLY having to go up for the ball or CONSTANTLY reach back for the ball or CONSTANTLY go up and reach back for the ball

Coogs 10-10-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9000337)
My fears with Quinn are it will take him a few games to get into the groove, he will lead us to a 7-9 season, we cut him, draft a bust and Quinn goes on to tear it up somewhere.

OR

He comes out, tears it up, we don't draft a QB, then he goes all Matt Cassel on us next year.

I understand your concerns here. I have them too. One difference though, IMO. If Quinn comes out and tears it up, that would be different to me than Cassel taking over a 16-0 team and leading them to 5 fewer wins... even though an 11 win season looks respectable to most people. If Quinn takes this 1-4 team somewhere I wouldn't be quite as concerned. But again, that may be JMO.

MeatRock 10-10-2012 09:07 PM

Watch, if Quinn lights it up Sunday, Clay will be sucking Quinn's dick in the forums. Just like he did Cassel's. Because you know, he can change his mind after having such concrete views on the subject.