ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games New Madden 2010 Video from ESPN (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=207616)

mfkrush 05-13-2009 10:16 AM

New Madden 2010 Video from ESPN

http://www.virtualsportsnetwork.com/...eveloper-video

Video of the Madden 10 developers discussing the Pro-Tak technology. I can't wait to play Madden to see how it's implemented. Animations look a lot more realistic and better.

KCrockaholic 05-13-2009 11:06 AM

Ive been doing a lot of research on the next madden lately and it actually looks like they may have gotten it right this time. It looks very very good this year gameplay wise. My question is what have they done to franchise mode? They have a lot of work when it comes to the franchise mode.

The Franchise 05-13-2009 11:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Jesus is only an 85 overall?

BigChiefFan 05-13-2009 11:16 AM

The graphics are tight. Very impressive.

Agreed on Franchise mode-how come you can't change teams on franchise mode? I also think they need at least 50 years for franchise mode.

The Franchise 05-13-2009 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 5761674)
The graphics are tight. Very impressive.

Agreed on Franchise mode-how come you can't change teams on franchise mode? I also think they need at least 50 years for franchise mode.

50 years? How about they work on fixing the first ****ing 20 years of the franchise mode? As it is now.....every other team in the league runs out of salary cap room after 2-3 years.....and the teams draft completely reeruned. I've seen a team stack up on RBs and have four 90 overall RBs and they're paying them $20-$30 million a piece.

They need to make it so the teams aren't reeruned in every aspect of the game before they start adding on years.

BigChiefFan 05-13-2009 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 5761736)
50 years? How about they work on fixing the first ****ing 20 years of the franchise mode? As it is now.....every other team in the league runs out of salary cap room after 2-3 years.....and the teams draft completely reeruned. I've seen a team stack up on RBs and have four 90 overall RBs and they're paying them $20-$30 million a piece.

They need to make it so the teams aren't reeruned in every aspect of the game before they start adding on years.

With Blue Ray capacity, there's no reason not to have BOTH. I'm just talking about adding additional years, you wouldn't think the programming would be that difficult, considering all the information contained within a baseball game franchise mode. Just sayin'.

Agreed, that the franchise mode has alot of work to improve, but I just really get sick of building up a player and having him start for my team for a long time and then never getting the chance to even come close with the next player at that position, because the entire franchise is cut short, with ROOKIES on the team. Also, why can't you CHANGE FRANCHISES within the 30 year span? That's my big gripe on why I really think it needs to be improved, besides that, there are ALREADY several teams in the NFL , that have over 30 years within the league. To each his own.

Hammock Parties 05-13-2009 12:12 PM

**** Electronic Farts.

Buck 05-13-2009 12:31 PM

What do you think the player ratings are going to be for the Chiefs?

I'll do the Chargers

Rivers: 92
Tomlinson: 90
Sproles: 86
Gates: 95
Vincent Jackson: 89
Chris Chambers: 87

Merriman: 95
Philips: 92
Cromartie: 88
Jammer: 90
Jamal Williams: 91
Weddle: 72

Hammock Parties 05-13-2009 12:33 PM

Could you overrate Jammer a bit more?

Cromartie > Jammer

Jammer reminds me of Eric Warfield.

BigChiefFan 05-13-2009 12:38 PM

I think they'll have Tyson Jackson as an 84. McGee as 78 and worse from there for the rookies. I think the Chiefs highest rated player will be Waters. I can't see many rated in the 90's for us.

The Franchise 05-13-2009 12:41 PM

Cassel - 82
LJ - 84
Bowe - 88
Bradley - 76
Engram - 76
Waters - 92
Albert - 86

Vrabel - 82
DJ - 84
T. Jackson - 82
Flowers - 84

Colquitt - 96 FTW!!!!!

Buck 05-13-2009 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 5761977)
Could you overrate Jammer a bit more?

Cromartie > Jammer

Jammer reminds me of Eric Warfield.

You dont watch the Chargers as much as I do.

Cromartie cant open field tackle, and Jammer is probably the best open field tackler in the NFL. You cannot deny this to be true. I don't know where to find them but check out Jammers stats from the last 3 years or so. He doesn't get torched like he did when he was younger.

Hammock Parties 05-13-2009 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MediaCenterJunkie (Post 5762003)

Cromartie cant open field tackle, and Jammer is probably the best open field tackler in the NFL. You cannot deny this to be true. I don't know where to find them but check out Jammers stats from the last 3 years or so. He doesn't get torched like he did when he was younger.

Open-field tackling is a tertiary skill for cornerbacks.

I saw Dwayne Bowe murder Jammer off the line of scrimmage play after play after play in two games last year...and Bowe is not that quick off the line.

Jammer is a decent corner but Cromartie has Dale-Carter like talent...

kcxiv 05-13-2009 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 5761793)
With Blue Ray capacity, there's no reason not to have BOTH. I'm just talking about adding additional years, you wouldn't think the programming would be that difficult, considering all the information contained within a baseball game franchise mode. Just sayin'.

Agreed, that the franchise mode has alot of work to improve, but I just really get sick of building up a player and having him start for my team for a long time and then never getting the chance to even come close with the next player at that position, because the entire franchise is cut short, with ROOKIES on the team. Also, why can't you CHANGE FRANCHISES within the 30 year span? That's my big gripe on why I really think it needs to be improved, besides that, there are ALREADY several teams in the NFL , that have over 30 years within the league. To each his own.

They wont make one game more superior then the other. Meaning versions. They wont add to the PS3 if they cant to the 360 version. It just will NOT happen.

They are hyping this gang tackling crap way to much. The game wont be great until they redo their animation systems which they said they wanted too, but decided to do 9 man gang tackling for some stupid ****ed up reason.

They still dont have good route running or a momentum system. Its still a good 2011-2012 away from being a good game. They cant fix everything in 1 year when everything was so bad and broken.

KCrockaholic 05-13-2009 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MediaCenterJunkie (Post 5762003)

Your correct. Cromartie got beat a lot last year. Jammer is closer to being a "lockdown" corner than Cromartie. Cromartie is more of a high risk, high reward type player. Cromartie reminds me a little bit of Deangelo Hall, but better of course.