ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Modern Warfare 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204824)

Pants 01-20-2010 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 6463647)
I just finished the campaign. Kind of lame, to be honest. I started doing some of those SPEC OPS challenges. I'm sure most of you have done a lot already, but if you ever wanna help me out let me know.

I spent, like, the last 45 minutes trying to do the SSDD challenge. Doing that obstacle course in under 30 seconds. My raytarded self tried doing it over and over on spec-ops, when it actually had to be achieved through the campaign. Durrrrr da durrrr..

Word of advice, use pistols only (as in pistol primary and pistol secondary). Got that bitch done in something like 23 seconds after the accuracy bonus.

wild1 01-20-2010 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HC_Chief (Post 6463378)
It's also 20+mill active Gold Live users; avg of ~2mil at any given time with peaks at 13mil concurrent. Live is a huge online gaming community.

PSN's largest number was 17mil total, and that included PSP players in the aggregate. On top of that, PSN account creation skews the numbers: don't like your "name", create a new account. Hey, look, Sony's PSN number just increased! :rolleyes:

PSN has a long way to go. Frankly, I believe they should invest in the infrastructure and start charging as well. Live has free Silver access; PSN should provide a low-cost Gold service as well.

I didn't know you could create a new anything. I inquired about changing my name, and they said it wasn't possible.

I have no complaints about PSN at all. Games drop every now and again like with any online game, but I never have connection issues, extremely rarely do I see lag issues. The value that's being delivered for $0 cost is great.

Ceej 01-20-2010 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6463656)
Word of advice, use pistols only (as in pistol primary and pistol secondary). Got that bitch done in something like 23 seconds after the accuracy bonus.

I tried that. A lot. I ended up getting it done at 29.9 seconds with the silenced M4 and one of the pistols. Used the pistol first, then the rifle.

Pants 01-20-2010 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 6463669)
I tried that. A lot. I ended up getting it done at 29.9 seconds with the silenced M4 and one of the pistols. Used the pistol first, then the rifle.

Oh ok, it took me forever to realize "Hmm, maybe I should try two pistols." I guess I'm the only reeruned one.

Buck 01-20-2010 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 6463647)
I just finished the campaign. Kind of lame, to be honest. I started doing some of those SPEC OPS challenges. I'm sure most of you have done a lot already, but if you ever wanna help me out let me know.

I spent, like, the last 45 minutes trying to do the SSDD challenge. Doing that obstacle course in under 30 seconds. My raytarded self tried doing it over and over on spec-ops, when it actually had to be achieved through the campaign. Durrrrr da durrrr..

I need to do those too so if you want to do them with me, that'd be cool.

After the first try on the obstacle course I realized 2 pistols would be best, and I beat it on my 2nd try.

Ceej 01-20-2010 03:02 PM

I'm down for some spec-ops. I can play some tonight after 10pm CST.

KU plays at 8.

Mr. Plow 01-20-2010 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 6463620)
We're still on for 730 @ Biggins tonight, right? I'll be the bitch tonight, means you gotta pay.

SMIRNOFFS ALL NIGHT LONG!

yup. I'll be there around 7:30, make sure you are dressed to impress, I can't be seen with a shabbily dressed woman.

Buck 01-20-2010 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 6463774)
I'm down for some spec-ops. I can play some tonight after 10pm CST.

KU plays at 8.

Ok, thats perfect. Thats 8 o'clock my time, I'll be watching some Lost until then. I'm gonna watch it on my Netflix on the 360 so you can message me when you get on.

Ceej 01-20-2010 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6463781)
Ok, thats perfect. Thats 8 o'clock my time, I'll be watching some Lost until then. I'm gonna watch it on my Netflix on the 360 so you can message me when you get on.

Sounds good.

Does anyone know -- can you only play 2 players on spec-ops? Or could we get some more?

HC_Chief 01-20-2010 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 6463787)
Sounds good.

Does anyone know -- can you only play 2 players on spec-ops? Or could we get some more?

2is the max unfortunately

Overwatch and Big Brother are my favs. One player runs & guns while the other operates the guns on an AC130 and Blackhawk (respectively)

Molitoth 01-20-2010 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6463779)
yup. I'll be there around 7:30, make sure you are dressed to impress, I can't be seen with a shabbily dressed woman.

Biggins in St. Joe? WTF goes on there?

Pants 01-20-2010 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 6463909)
Biggins in St. Joe? WTF goes on there?

Hawk and CJ like to have their dates there, why?

Molitoth 01-20-2010 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6463968)
Hawk and CJ like to have their dates there, why?

First time I've seen anyone mention hanging out at that place.

Pants 01-20-2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 6463996)
First time I've seen anyone mention hanging out at that place.

It's a secret gay bar. It's the best scene if you're one of the few people privy to the real "Biggins".

Buck 01-20-2010 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6464008)
It's a secret gay bar. It's the best scene if you're one of the few people privy to the real "Biggins".

Then why are Plow and Jizzles going there?