ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football It's about time we do something about Notre Dame (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268647)

DomerNKC 01-08-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9298726)
Notre Dame didn't make it because the SEC beat up on each other. They made it because Kansas State and Oregon lost.

Oh....and go **** yourself.

this

Sorter 01-08-2013 11:33 PM

As someone who doesn't watch much college football, I have no problem with ND being in the NCG. If Oregon and KState or Georgia wanted to be in it, well, don't have huge lapses in your most important games.

Oh, and I loath ND entirely.

alanm 01-08-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9298546)
Stolen from a friend:

But but but look at the murderers row Bama faced.

Arkansas 2-6 conference
Ole Miss 3-5 conference
Missouri 2-6 conference
Tennessee 1-7 conference
#11 Miss. St 4-4 conference
#5 LSU 6-2 conference
#15 Texas A&M 6-2 conference
Auburn 0-8 conference

So to play in their conference champ game, they played 2 teams with WINNING conference records. Look deeper, 12-36 conference opp record when you exclude LSU and Ass to mouth. Included Bama still played a conference opp record of 24-40. Quite the murderous row to drive through.

You get past the few good teams at the top and the rest of the SEC is pretty mediocre. Same as any other conference.

listopencil 01-08-2013 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9298526)
the button that turns on your tv is the same one that turns it off.

^

morphius 01-08-2013 11:58 PM

Every conference beats their own conference up, all teams play such a light out of conference schedule that it isn't likely that they would lose anything but in conference games. Unless they are really bad, of course.

Hootie 01-09-2013 12:13 AM

that game last night summed up an earlier point I made about college football on this board

IT SUCKS because there is little parity

BIG GAME = BIG BLOWOUTS most of the time...I actually enjoyed the A&M blowout because Manziel is great...but last night's game blew. It was awful. Last years NC blew. The one before that sucked. The Colt McCoy got injured game was terrible.

doesn't happen that often in the Super Bowl

last years Super Bowl was TREMENDOUS, the Packers Super Bowl was a great game, in fact...

I can't really remember the last non-entertaining Super Bowl

The Franchise 01-09-2013 12:14 AM

I love the whole..."Notre Dame would have gotten rolled by South Carolina" bullshit. Really? The same South Carolina that barely beat Michigan.....the team that the Irish already beat?

****ing rampant SEC homerism.

Hootie 01-09-2013 12:17 AM

the game kind of butterflied after that could've been muffed punt but still

awful, terrible, boring spotlight game

seems to happen more often than not in college football

that and the fact you filter players in and out every year...I just can't cheer for college athletics. No fun for me. I love basketball march madness, though. Awesome.

but I've always been a pro guy so I realize some people are different

JUST LIKE PARITY

007 01-09-2013 03:36 AM

SEC homers won't be happy until the SEC is the only conference allowed to play in the championship game. I'm so damn sick of hearing about the greatness of the SEC. Alabama had a cakewalk this year.

BryanBusby 01-09-2013 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9298813)
I love the whole..."Notre Dame would have gotten rolled by South Carolina" bullshit. Really? The same South Carolina that barely beat Michigan.....the team that the Irish already beat?

****ing rampant SEC homerism.

That's some piss poor logic.

Texas A&M handed bama their only loss of the season, but that doesn't mean they would of rolled ND 50-0.

ChiefGator 01-09-2013 05:27 AM

I think your hatred of the pro-SEC reporting is getting in the way of the article's point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 9298788)
Every conference beats their own conference up, all teams play such a light out of conference schedule that it isn't likely that they would lose anything but in conference games. Unless they are really bad, of course.

That is EXACTLY the point of the article. ND gets to pick and choose who they play, rather than being forced to run a gauntlet through a conference. USC is the only team of any merit that they play. Maybe Michigan.

ChiefGator 01-09-2013 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanm (Post 9298765)
You get past the few good teams at the top and the rest of the SEC is pretty mediocre. Same as any other conference.

Nine out of the 12 SEC teams had winning seasons. That's pretty good. In conference play, there were clearly tiers of teams. Florida, Georgia, LSU, Alabama, A&M. Then, coming down to South Carolina and a suprising Vanderbilt. Then you just had some teams that did not match up at all in the SEC, like Arkansas, Kentucky, Auburn, Missouri, and Tennessee. But even those bottom tier teams were 14-6 when playing outside the conference.

Rasputin 01-09-2013 05:34 AM

I have no problem, absolutely none, watching Notre Damn get annihilated in the BCS National Championship. I can watch that again next year.

ChiefGator 01-09-2013 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9299036)
I have no problem, absolutely none, watching Notre Damn get annihilated in the BCS National Championship. I can watch that again next year.

Ha! I kind of agree with you. I've been a Notre Dame hater for years, although it's really more disliking the constant Notre Dame coverage, even when they have a 6-5 record. So, I lightened up on them this year; considering they were undefeated I at least understood the coverage.

As the game to end the season, I would rather watch a good game, like Oregan-K.State.

At least in a playoff system we get more well-matched games.

munkey 01-09-2013 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9298726)
Notre Dame didn't make it because the SEC beat up on each other. They made it because Kansas State and Oregon lost.

Oh....and go **** yourself.

This argument is complete bullshit!!! Tell me why TCU or Boise State hasn't gone to the big game when going undefeated??? Explain that to everyone....dumbass