ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs MEDIA REACTIONS: Chiefs Early Draft Losers on NFLN (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283607)

Rausch 05-11-2014 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 10622508)
and before you counter with, "that's a stupid way to look at it." take our 3 only good impact players that we got after 5 years of drafting. You could tell from day 1 that Berry, Poe and Houston were going to be good players, from day 1 to their 5th year in the league, it doesn't matter. Can you honestly say that about anyone we picked from 2009 to 2013 besides those 3?

I'd include Hudson as a good player. Definitely a lot of upside.

And Poe I'm not sold on yet. In two years he's played 6-8 good games...

Rausch 05-11-2014 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 10622524)
The truth that accompanies a Draft as risky as this one is that people on both sides of the fence are salivating to either be right or wrong about Dorsey. His BPA seems to defy most others', so he is definitely putting himself out there to be judged. Which one will it be: right or wrong? Time will tell, but I respect a man sticking to his guns.

BPA is a GM's way of saying they're going to draft whomever the hell they want, even if it doesn't fill a need.

You win playoff games no one cares how you do things.

You lose games and don't win playoff games and, like with Herm, no one cares how much talent you added...

OldSchool 05-11-2014 01:09 AM

We took a bunch of athletic phenoms, besides the QB obviously, who were productive in college and have major upside at positions that we need some help at, I have absolutely no problem with that.

OldSchool 05-11-2014 01:11 AM

I am pretty sure that what happened with the Gaines vs Moncrief pick was that Dorsey took a good look at the second half of the season and the play off game and asked himself:

"What really lost us those games?"

And that obviously led him to selecting a guy that he thought would help upgrade the defense.

Iconic 05-11-2014 01:30 AM

I can't tell which is more dramatic: Post-Draft CP meltdowns or these NFL Grades.

Messier 05-11-2014 03:16 AM

Yes, grading the draft immediately after its over is silly, but that's always been how it goes. I do think it's funny that, individually, almost every pick was given a good grade, but taken as a whole, the Chiefs lost the draft.

I don't know, but I think Dorsey did this correctly, taking players that fall, even if they don't line up perfectly to your needs, because they're just good value.

htismaqe 05-11-2014 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 10622495)
I'm not convinced the Chiefs front office thinks wr is a glaring need. I agree that our Oline is scary and the draft didn't do much to help in the short term.

But I'm guessing they also don't see OL has a glaring need either or they would have done something about it.

On the WR topic, remember back to Philly. It was ALWAYS a yearly discussion topic until TO and later into Reid's tenure. Every year people were talking about the WR situation.

I think Andy Reid and John Dorsey view WRs VERY differently than a lot of people.

htismaqe 05-11-2014 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 10622511)
What was the grade on Jamaal Charles after his rookie year?

Or more importantly, Glenn Dorsey.

the Talking Can 05-11-2014 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10622488)
Where do people think Rosenthal is wrong? Here's his list:

Rough free agency

Ford - nice long term gamble, but should be a PTPer at first

Gaines - developmental prospect

Thomas - wild card

Seeming dearth of immediate impact players from draft

OL and WR still major questions

anyone who criticizes taking a pass rusher w/ ford's measurables at #23 in the draft is a ****ing idiot...the kind of idiot who thinks matt cassel is a franchise QB

Gaines is nickle CB who projects to a starter, and one of the fastest CBs in the draft who just also managed to record the most pass breakups in college.....but the idiot who thinks matt cassel is a franchise QB is not impressed

tell me about all the day one starters drafted in the 3rd...please be specific, the way you spent years specifically saying matt cassel was a franchise QB

thomas is a wild card? 3rd fastest skill player in the draft who scored 46 tds in college is a wild card in the 4th round? by wild card do you mean matt cassel is a franchise QB?

omg, we still have a couple of positions with questions!!

like every other ****ing other team in the nfl not named seattle..thank ****ing christ we didn't spend another high pick on OL just to satisfy idiots like you...the kind of idiot who thinks matt cassel is a franchise QB

we drafted a pass rusher over OL...and you're complaining about it...which is what should be expected from the guy spent 1000 days giving Pioli a rim job

no mention of the absolute steal of the draft value we got in the 5th...but then you thought matt cassel was a franchise QB, so of course you are too ****ing stupid to even recognize it

bigjosh 05-11-2014 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 10622600)
anyone who criticizes taking a pass rusher w/ ford's measurables at #23 in the draft is a ****ing idiot...the kind of idiot who thinks matt cassel is a franchise QB

Gaines is nickle CB who projects to a starter, and one of the fastest CBs in the draft who just also managed to record the most pass breakups in college.....but the idiot who thinks matt cassel is a franchise QB is not impressed

tell me about all the day one starters drafted in the 3rd...please be specific, the way you spent years specifically saying matt cassel was a franchise QB

thomas is a wild card? 3rd fastest skill player in the draft who scored 46 tds in college is a wild card in the 4th round? by wild card do you mean matt cassel is a franchise QB?

omg, we still have a couple of positions with questions!!

like every other ****ing other team in the nfl not named seattle..thank ****ing christ we didn't spend another high pick on OL just to satisfy idiots like you...the kind of idiot who thinks matt cassel is a franchise QB

we drafted a pass rusher over OL...and you're complaining about it...which is what should be expected from the guy spent 1000 days giving Pioli a rim job

no mention of the absolute steal of the draft value we got in the 5th...but then you thought matt cassel was a franchise QB, so of course you are too ****ing stupid to even recognize it

Thumbs up to all of.this.

the Talking Can 05-11-2014 05:58 AM

hey, teams with top 10 picks in every round had a better draft than the Chiefs who only had 1 pick in the top 80!

this is very insightful, according to the idiot who thinks matt cassel is a franchise QB

Hog's Gone Fishin 05-11-2014 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 10622321)
The draft is over and Avery or Hemmingway are still the projected starting WR opposite Bowe.

That is a big part of why the Chiefs draft is getting bad reviews.

The team's biggest need and they did nothing to address it.

Wrong , our biggest need was addressed with a DE and CB

Messier 05-11-2014 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 10622604)
hey, teams with top 10 picks in every round had a better draft than the Chiefs who only had 1 pick in the top 80!

this is very insightful, according to the idiot who thinks matt cassel is a franchise QB

Every year, the teams with multiple first round picks are deemed winners. Wow. The insight is incredible.

dannybcaitlyn 05-11-2014 06:15 AM

Espn guys gave us B-.

R8RFAN 05-11-2014 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10622293)
I say this every year....but how can you grade a draft immediately after its finished?

These things are pointless at this juncture.

Draft grades are horseshit and are meaningless to me...