ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270480)

Walrus 03-02-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9457252)
**** YOU

GET THE **** OUT

GO KILL YOURSELF RIGHT NOW

Woah...

I'm very optimistic because we have new coaches, new system, new QB and still have the draft. Feeling a very exciting season coming up for the Chiefs! Go Chiefs! ;)

Mav 03-02-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9457254)
Yeah, see, no. No. Because Colin Kaepernick averaged 290 yards passing and rushing per game.

So no.

No.

He has to average that. in every single playoff game it was his shitty play that led to the 49ers trailing in every single playoff game. it was his pick vs the packers that set the team back, it was his inability to pick up a first down that put them down vs the falcons, and it was his shitty play that led to the huge deficit against the ravens. Thats why he HAS to throw for that many yards. Alex Smith is a controlled based qb. He relies on the running game, thats why with him at qb this year, the 49ers led the league in rushing. he doesnt turn the ball over, he doesnt force anything. But, i mean according to your logic, you would rather have matt cassell because he isnt afraid to take risks. 37 turnovers your qbs had last year.

Hootie 03-02-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Yeah, see, no. No. Because Colin Kaepernick averaged 290 yards passing and rushing per game.

So no.

No.

Colin Kaepernick is arguably the most talented QB in the NFL. Maybe ever. Can throw like Favre, run like Randall, and has a body that was chiseled by the God's themselves.

I don't think any of the people who are suggesting Smith >> Cassel are saying Smith >= to Kaepernick.

Kaepernick, if he continues working and gets a little better with reads and anticipation throws, can be the best QB in the NFL. Smith could never be that.

Everyone knows that.

It sucks, I wanted Geno Smith. I wanted a QB. I wanted our own QB. Not another castoff...that is a legit reason for anger/disappointment.

I don't need to pile on Alex Smith and pretend he's Matt Cassel version 2 though...because he isn't. I watch enough football to be able to form my own opinions on guys, though. I don't read what other people say and regurgitate it.

Thig Lyfe 03-02-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walrus (Post 9457262)
Woah...

I'm very optimistic because we have new coaches, new system, new QB and still have the draft. Feeling a very exciting season coming up for the Chiefs! Go Chiefs! ;)

I sincerely hope a chimpanzee tears your face off and force feeds it to your family before tearing off all their faces and pushing them into an active volcano.

Hootie 03-02-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9457273)
He has to average that. in every single playoff game it was his shitty play

stopped reading right here

LMAO

Kaepernick was outstanding in the postseason...he did make ONE bad throw against Baltimore in the Super Bowl...

the defense put them in a hole against Atlanta...that one was NEVER on Kaepernick. Kaepernick single-handedly won them that game.

Mav 03-02-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9457287)
stopped reading right here

LMAO

Kaepernick was outstanding in the postseason...he did make ONE bad throw against Baltimore in the Super Bowl...

the defense put them in a hole against Atlanta...that one was NEVER on Kaepernick. Kaepernick single-handedly won them that game.

Kaep was a very slow starter in every playoff game. and ramped it up. there is no denying that. He was a second half beast though. Im not saying he is shitty. im saying he played shitty in the first halfs leading to him to have to produce those stats. Kaep is a young player with 10 starts, and everything you said is true. Hes a beast. Thats why he is the starter there and alex smith is the starter here. that doesnt make alex crap, it just makes kaep a boss.

Thig Lyfe 03-02-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9457305)
Kaep was a very slow starter in every playoff game. and ramped it up. there is no denying that. He was a second half beast though. Im not saying he is shitty. im saying he played shitty in the first halfs leading to him to have to produce those stats. Kaep is a young player with 10 starts, and everything you said is true. Hes a beast. Thats why he is the starter there and alex smith is the starter here. that doesnt make alex crap, it just makes kaep a boss.

It doesn't make Alex Smith crap, but Alex Smith is still crap.

Kaepernick 03-02-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9457273)
He has to average that. in every single playoff game it was his shitty play that led to the 49ers trailing in every single playoff game. it was his pick vs the packers that set the team back, it was his inability to pick up a first down that put them down vs the falcons, and it was his shitty play that led to the huge deficit against the ravens. Thats why he HAS to throw for that many yards. Alex Smith is a controlled based qb. He relies on the running game, thats why with him at qb this year, the 49ers led the league in rushing. he doesnt turn the ball over, he doesnt force anything. But, i mean according to your logic, you would rather have matt cassell because he isnt afraid to take risks. 37 turnovers your qbs had last year.

Snoopy, you are showing yourself to be not sane. Electro-shock therapy could help.

Halfcan 03-02-2013 02:33 PM

When Alex starts winning games- people will love him. Trent Green was very unpopular at first too.

Thig Lyfe 03-02-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 9457337)
When Alex starts winning games- people will love him. Trent Green was very unpopular at first too.

im gonna puke

Hammock Parties 03-02-2013 02:52 PM

PFF chimes in.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...hiefs-getting/

The Harbaugh Years (2011-2012): The Not So Good

Quote:

While Smith’s stats above took a major uptick starting in 2011, there were still some red flags. While his 70.2 completion percentage last season was impressive, it also showed his unwillingness to take chances and throw the ball downfield. His average depth of target of only 8 yards was the fourth-lowest of all quarterbacks and only 8.7 percent of Smith’s passes traveled 20+ yards downfield in 2012. Among quarterbacks who started at least half their games, only Christian Ponder had a lower percentage.

http://i.imgur.com/owaaxsC.jpg

Smith also led the NFL in 2011 by taking 44 sacks, and was sacked 24 times in nine starts in 2012 before being replaced by Kaepernick. Smith was sacked on one third of his pressures in 2012, which led the league by a wide margin.

SAUTO 03-02-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

So no.

No.

why add in rushing?
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 03-02-2013 02:58 PM

Smith was sacked on one third of his pressures in 2012, which led the league by a wide margin.

Smith - 33.3%
Cassel - 20.7%

Hammock Parties 03-02-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9457417)
why add in rushing?
Posted via Mobile Device

If Alex Smith was averaging 50 yards rushing per game I'd give him credit for that.

Smith2Bench 03-02-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9457431)
Smith was sacked on one third of his pressures in 2012, which led the league by a wide margin.

Smith - 33.3%
Cassel - 20.7%

Yup. Bad pocket presence.

The Alexsexuals will attribute this to a poor Oline ans WRs not getting open.

They can't fathom the idea that a QB has to see and avoid pressure, even free rushers as much as they can. Obviously, you can't always win, but Smith rarely does anything if there is pressure and his #1 read is covered.

Smith2Bench 03-02-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9457406)
PFF chimes in.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...hiefs-getting/

The Harbaugh Years (2011-2012): The Not So Good

You just got Christian Ponder with better accuracy and a more experience.

Setsuna 03-02-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smith2Bench (Post 9457505)
You just got Christian Ponder with better accuracy and a more experience.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

ThePhoenix11 03-02-2013 03:52 PM

Im a 49er fan, I just want to give my point of view on Alex Smith.

Alex is a good quarterback, very underrated.

1) He's VERY smart
In and outside of football (the guy had a 4.4 high school GPA, and got his college degree in 3 years). He's great at making changes at the line, one of the best in the league because he's so smart. He's very good at reading defenses and makes quick decisions.

2) This guy is efficient as heck.
He had a 70% completion percentage before he lost his job due to an injury. That was the best in the league at that time, the highest this season was Manning and Ryan at 68%.

3) He's mobile.
Very underrated athlete. Just look at this video.
(I'm not allowed to post videos, see run vs NO Saints)
The guy outran the whole saints defense. He's not Michael Vick or RG3 but he can run when needed.

4. He's clutch.
(the whole NO Saints 4th quarter! Amazing performance)
That's not it though. He had SEVEN 4th quarter comebacks/ game winning drives in 2011. The guy is clutch as hell.

5. He's accurate.
Short range and mid range, he's one of the best. Deep ball is average due to his shoulder surgery. His arm was very good pre-surgery, now it's slightly above average. This doesn't mean he's a noodle arm, he can still throw it deep. Just look at Vernon Davis' highlights the last 4 years, his deep ball to Vernon was money every time, but he's obviously no gunslinger.

6. He doesn't turn the ball over.
Alex always takes care of the ball. He won't lose you games from turnovers. Obviously every QB has their bad games, Alex had one vs the Giants. But outside of that game he threw 7 INTs in his last 22 games.

7. He has improved every single year.
Especially these last 2 years. I thought Alex was starting to break out before he got hurt. He looked so damn good the previous 3 weeks. He was improving with Harbaugh, his last game before he was concussed he completed 18 of 19 and won offensive player of the week against a good Cardinals defense (at the time).

He threw 62 TDs to 32 INTs in his last (about) 45 games. He is not a bad quarterback. Another thing is that who the heck else did you guys want? There's no better QB in free agency or the draft available this year. Geno Smith? lol.. bust written all over him.

I think Alex will flourish under Reid, and will prove a lot of people wrong.

PS, Alex's nickname is The Phoenix. :)

Hammock Parties 03-02-2013 03:55 PM

A mobile QB who gets sacked alot is useless.

ThePhoenix11 03-02-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9457645)

Would you rather have your QB get sacked or have him force passes and throw INTs. Look at Kaepernick's numbers, he is the same way. They're coached to take the sacks and not force INTs. Harbaugh has even made that public

Your sig is also ignorant as hell. For many reasons that I don't know where to start.

Hammock Parties 03-02-2013 03:59 PM

Colin Kaepernick was sacked once every 13 pass attempts.

Alex Smith was sacked once every 9 pass attempts.

Totally the same!

B_Ambuehl 03-02-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Another thing is that who the heck else did you guys want?
Jason Campbell and Matt Moore are probably just as good and wouldn't have cost anything. Chase McDanielz is an RFA and people around here likely wouldn't have been too upset if Reid made a run at him. It's not so much Alex Smith people are against it's what they gave up to get him. If they had given up a 3rd round pick you'd probably see a lot more people on board.

Smith2Bench 03-02-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePhoenix11 (Post 9457638)

1) He's VERY smart
In and outside of football (the guy had a 4.4 high school GPA, and got his college degree in 3 years). He's great at making changes at the line, one of the best in the league because he's so smart. He's very good at reading defenses and makes quick decisions.

He had a 70% completion percentage before he lost his job due to an injury. That was the best in the league at that time, the highest this season was Manning and Ryan at 68%.

3) He's mobile.
The guy outran the whole saints defense. He's not Michael Vick or RG3 but he can run when needed.

4. He's clutch.
That's not it though. He had SEVEN 4th quarter comebacks/ game winning drives in 2011. The guy is clutch as hell.

5. He's accurate.
Short range and mid range, he's one of the best. Deep ball is average due to his shoulder surgery. His arm was very good pre-surgery, now it's slightly above average. This doesn't mean he's a noodle arm, he can still throw it deep. Just look at Vernon Davis' highlights the last 4 years, his deep ball to Vernon was money every time, but he's obviously no gunslinger.

Alex always takes care of the ball. He won't lose you games from turnovers. Obviously every QB has their bad games, Alex had one vs the Giants. But outside of that game he threw 7 INTs in his last 22 games.

Especially these last 2 years. I thought Alex was starting to break out before he got hurt. He looked so damn good the previous 3 weeks. He was improving with Harbaugh, his last game before he was concussed he completed 18 of 19 and won offensive player of the week against a good Cardinals defense (at the time).

He threw 62 TDs to 32 INTs in his last (about) 45 games. He is not a bad quarterback. Another thing is that who the heck else did you guys want? There's no better QB in free agency or the draft available this year. Geno Smith? lol.. bust written all over him.

haha don't let this guy fool you. He just listed a bunch of attributes you would describe as if he were a rookie getting drafted. Any awards? Any rings? NFL records? Division titles? NAw, he's smart ans athletic!

He's good for 1.1 TD passes in his last several years.

Hammock Parties 03-02-2013 04:18 PM

Matt Moore and Alex Smith had almost identical PFF passer ratings in 2011.

He was also 4th in the league in percentage of attempts over 20 yards. Alex was 28th.

The only thing I can see that Alex Smith has over Matt Moore is knowledge of the WCO.

Thig Lyfe 03-02-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePhoenix11 (Post 9457638)

1) He's VERY smart

3) He's mobile.

4. He's clutch.

5. He's accurate.

**** you.

ThePhoenix11 03-02-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9457702)
**** you.

lol really? how awesome I get a "**** you" reply after my first post. I must be doing something right

Thig Lyfe 03-02-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePhoenix11 (Post 9457727)
lol really? how awesome I get a "**** you" reply after my first post. I must be doing something right

The only thing you could do right is stop breathing.

Hammock Parties 03-02-2013 05:05 PM

Jesus Christ, Alex.

http://i.imgur.com/ROpf6Mv.gif

Direckshun 03-02-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9457819)
Jesus Christ, Alex.

LMAO

houstonwhodat 03-02-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9445589)

You people make my day

Setsuna 03-02-2013 05:39 PM

The funny thing is, in most of these he has a clean pocket. It's literally Matt Cassel

DaFuq W DisPlace?! 03-02-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Jesus Christ, Alex.

The niners played the Lions in 2011. Believe it was a Sunday night game on National TV. It was in Detroit, and the Lions were 6-0 at the time. Niners, 5-1. You might find the ending of that game interesting. Probably not, bc you are clearly rooting against your own team at this point. Anywoo, as you were :cuss:

P.s to the other MBer's:
Alex Smith threw a 4th and goal, come from behind touchdown to Delanie Walker to win the game.

Thig Lyfe 03-02-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFuq W DisPlace?! (Post 9457930)
The niners played the Lions in 2011. Believe it was a Sunday night game on National TV. It was in Detroit, and the Lions were 6-0 at the time. Niners, 5-1. You might find the ending of that game interesting. Probably not, bc you are clearly rooting against your own team at this point. Anywoo, as you were :cuss:

P.s to the other MBer's:
Alex Smith threw a 4th and goal, come from behind touchdown to Delanie Walker to win the game.

**** you.

DaFuq W DisPlace?! 03-02-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

LMAO 1 point: go to hell

DaFuq W DisPlace?! 03-02-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9457936)
**** you.

How romantic. you sticking up for sugar daddy. :evil:

Hootie 03-02-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Jesus Christ, Alex.

for the sake of being objective, why don't you post some of his good throws now, too.

The amount of sacks he takes is an alarming stat. That is worrisome.

The whole move gives this fan base no hope. That's the worst part of it.

Setsuna 03-02-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9457997)
for the sake of being objective, why don't you post some of his good throws now, too.

The amount of sacks he takes is an alarming stat. That is worrisome.

The whole move gives this fan base no hope. That's the worst part of it.

For the sake of not being stupid, lets remember that the Lions defense is led by Gunther. Now tell me again that defense shouldn't be getting torched every game with the talent the 49ers have. I'll wait....

Dixie Land 03-02-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smith2Bench (Post 9457498)
Yup. Bad pocket presence.

The Alexsexuals will attribute this to a poor Oline ans WRs not getting open.

They can't fathom the idea that a QB has to see and avoid pressure, even free rushers as much as they can. Obviously, you can't always win, but Smith rarely does anything if there is pressure and his #1 read is covered.

If his #1 read is covered its:

1. checkdown
2. roll right...throw to guy in black trench coat out of bounds
3. sack

As one noted, on most of the clippings he really has NO pressure he just looks panicky

Yes the Alexlovers always find a way to sugar coat his ineptitude as a starting QB in the NFL...

Dixie Land 03-02-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9457431)

Smith - 33.3%
Cassel - 20.7%

Yeah and whats scary is the OL of the Niners IS GOOD...imagine a shoddy OL with Smith at the wheel....:huh:

Hootie 03-02-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9458006)
For the sake of not being stupid, lets remember that the Lions defense is led by Gunther. Now tell me again that defense shouldn't be getting torched every game with the talent the 49ers have. I'll wait....

first off, that was a 2011 highlight (or maybe even prior)

this year (against the Lions) he had a QBR of 80 (that's really good) and 2 TD's and 0 turnovers. He threw for 226 yards in a week 2 win.

secondly, if this is the game you want to play, I promise you I'm better.

Alex Smith went 18-19 against the Arizona Cardinals @ Arizona. He played a perfect game. 4 TD's. 0 turnovers. QBR of 92.

TOM BRADY PLAYED AT HOME AGAINST THIS SAME CARDINALS TEAM. HE HAD A QBR OF 30.

THEREFORE

ALEX SMITH > TOM BRADY

in other words:

you're and idiot

Setsuna 03-02-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixie Land (Post 9458028)
Yeah and whats scary is the OL of the Niners IS GOOD...imagine a shoddy OL with Smith at the wheel....:huh:

Pretty soon Reid will be double fisting Albert AND Jackal! Holla! :doh!:

Dixie Land 03-02-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Except to the other team....No Alex is not mobile....very stiff and mechanical...too cerebral...NOT a backyard improv type of QB HELL NO>>>one read hurry and dump it off...I really have a hard time describing this guy....absolutely fantastic on the 3-4 yard dumpoff.....Dumpoff Smiff thats it...

:evil:

Hootie 03-02-2013 06:24 PM

seriously

I've already stated what I think Alex Smith is. He is somewhere between a Dilfer and Green with Dilfer being his basement and Green being his absolute ceiling.

but honestly

you can twist stats, games, EVERYTHING to tell any story you want to tell.

I just told one of the Alex Smith stories that made him look better than Tom Brady. It's ****ing stupid. You can't play the 'Gunther defense' game because it's too easy to destroy.

Arizona had a very good pass defense this year. Alex Smith ON PAPER torched them. If you watched the game, you'd know he made very good passes and on his TD's his receivers made good plays that turned good throws into long touchdowns. It was a more impressive game on paper than it really was even though he did manage to put up a near perfect QBR game (no, not traditional QB rating...QBR)

so you guys are being ridiculous

GOATSE is going and cherry picking terrible Alex Smith plays and yelling "SEE! SEE! CASSEL!"

when you could literally do that for any QB in the NFL...even Aaron Rodgers!

You could make a 3 hour "highlight" film of Favre making some of the worst decisions/throws in the history of the NFL and he was still a very good NFL QB.

DaFuq W DisPlace?! 03-02-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9458006)

LOL
bleacherreport.com/articles/1336863-49ers-vs-lions-biggest-winners-losers-for-san-francisco-in-nfl-week-2

bleacherreport.com/articles/1336863-49ers-vs-lions-biggest-winners-losers-for-san-francisco-in-nfl-week-2/page/5

bleacherreport.com/articles/1336863-49ers-vs-lions-biggest-winners-losers-for-san-francisco-in-nfl-week-2/page/7

since im a n00b, i cant post links yet. exciting times ahead.

Setsuna 03-02-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9458035)
first off, that was a 2011 highlight (or maybe even prior)

this year (against the Lions) he had a QBR of 80 (that's really good) and 2 TD's and 0 turnovers. He threw for 226 yards in a week 2 win.

secondly, if this is the game you want to play, I promise you I'm better.

Alex Smith went 18-19 against the Arizona Cardinals @ Arizona. He played a perfect game. 4 TD's. 0 turnovers. QBR of 92.

TOM BRADY PLAYED AT HOME AGAINST THIS SAME CARDINALS TEAM. HE HAD A QBR OF 30.

THEREFORE

ALEX SMITH > TOM BRADY

in other words:

you're and idiot

The point is, dipshit, you can't use any stats for Smith from any Lions games since their defense is absolute dog shit. Gunther has been there since 2009. Herp derp. You've seen Gunther's defenses first hand so I assumed you'd understand. Obviously you were in stasis from 2004-2008. Like talking to a wall...lacquered in antifreeze, teeming with AIDs.

TOM BRADY?? REALLY? Tom Brady has proven himself over and over again and is a first ballot HoF. You can't even mention them in the same breath as that's an insult to Brady. WTF are you smoking?

Hootie 03-02-2013 06:28 PM

oh, and, also from that Lions game dumb****...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-week-2/page/7

lol lol lol

so I guess he did torch that Gunther defense...even though the point you were trying to make if he didn't was ****ing stupid anyways

but that is to be expected with you...since you have the intelligence of a 12 year old (and not a gifted 12 year old; just a normal 12 year old)

Hootie 03-02-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9458058)
The point is, dipshit, you can't use any stats for Smith from any Lions games since their defense is absolute dog shit. Gunther has been there since 2009. Herp derp. You've seen Gunther's defenses first hand so I assumed you'd understand. Obviously you were in stasis from 2004-2008. Like talking to a wall...lacquered in antifreeze, teeming with AIDs.

TOM BRADY?? REALLY? Tom Brady has proven himself over and over again and is a first ballot HoF. You can't even mention them in the same breath as that's an insult to Brady. WTF are you smoking?

do you even read LMAO

honestly

you have the reading comprehension skills of a dyslexic mouth breather with AIDS

Hootie 03-02-2013 06:30 PM

Honestly...

he has to be one of the dumbest people I've ever encountered on this board

I hope he's trolling...because if not...my God...he needs to go back to basic elementary education classes

that's some TERRIBLE reading comprehension

Thig Lyfe 03-02-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFuq W DisPlace?! (Post 9457957)
How romantic. you sticking up for sugar daddy. :evil:

I don't even know what this means. I do know that I'd very much prefer you were no longer alive after trying to pass off Alex Smith as a good QB.

Dixie Land 03-02-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

The point is, dipshit, you can't use any stats for Smith from any Lions games since their defense is absolute dog shit.

THIS times 1000

Chiefnj2 03-02-2013 06:36 PM

I can't fathom whynanyone thinks Smith is really an upgrade over Cassel.

Remember how last year everyone thought Cassel was the king of check downs and dink and dunk? Compared to Smith, Cassel is an aerial king.

In 9 games last year Cassel threw 69 passes between 11 and 20 yards.
Smith in 10 games? 39 attempts.

Cassel had 26 attempts from 20-30 yards.
Smith had 8.

Smith's "impressive" numbers were solely the result of being on the shortest leash in NFL history.

Thig Lyfe 03-02-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9458093)

I guess going from worst to second-worst is technically an upgrade.

Setsuna 03-02-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9458061)
oh, and, also from that Lions game dumb****...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-week-2/page/7

lol lol lol

so I guess he did torch that Gunther defense...even though the point you were trying to make if he didn't was ****ing stupid anyways

but that is to be expected with you...since you have the intelligence of a 12 year old (and not a gifted 12 year old; just a normal 12 year old)

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

My point is ANYONE will look good against that defense. Which means him doing well means absolutely SHIT. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT NOW ****STICK?

Hammock Parties 03-02-2013 06:41 PM

Hey guys:

If Alex Smith was wearing 4 rings, what kind of rings would they be?

OrtonsPiercedTaint 03-02-2013 06:41 PM

Pioli sent flu laced blankets to all their opponents in 2010. Two weeks before they played the CHiefs. They would not fall for it again.

Dixie Land 03-02-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9458093)

Remember how last year everyone thought Cassel was the king of check downs and dink and dunk? Compared to Smith, Cassel is an aerial king.

In 9 games last year Cassel threw 69 passes between 11 and 20 yards.
Smith in 10 games? 39 attempts.

Cassel had 26 attempts from 20-30 yards.
Smith had 8.

Smith's "impressive" numbers were solely the result of being on the shortest leash in NFL history.

TRUST me on this, the short leash if for a reason...

Mr. Flopnuts 03-02-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9458108)
Hey guys:

If Alex Smith was wearing 4 rings, what kind of rings would they be?

Cock rings.

Hootie 03-02-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixie Land (Post 9458083)
THIS times 1000

I truly think Alex Smith is better than Tom Brady.

He proved it against the Cardinals. He is like 50 times better than Brady.

Hootie 03-02-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

which is why I spun your stats game and used the Cardinals as an example...you won't give credit for Smith playing well against Detroit because of Gunther but when he plays a perfect game on the road against a good pass defense (one that shut down Tom Brady in New England the same year) you won't give Smith any credit either...

the dude is an ok QB...he's between a Dilfer and a Green...that's not anything I'm looking forward to and for the 1000TH time...

I hate the move because we gave up WAY TOO MUCH and a fan base that was DESPERATE for hope was given NONE by this move that, at the very best, if we build a SUPER TEAM around Alex Smith...the best we can hope for is a wild card berth because Peyton Manning plays in our division. Horrible move.

Dixie Land 03-02-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9458115)
I truly think Alex Smith is better than Tom Brady.

He proved it against the Cardinals. He is like 50 times better than Brady.

OK wake up from your sleep your having a nightmare....or you ARE THE PERFECT EXAMPLE of an ALEXSEXUAL.....WOW nothing amazes me anymore...:banghead:

Pasta Little Brioni 03-02-2013 06:48 PM

Hootie vs. The Baters.

It has come fruition again.

Hammock Parties 03-02-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9458113)
Cock rings.

LMAO

Seriously, I need to put 4 rings on Alex Smith's fingers.

Give me something to work with here. Decoder rings?

Setsuna 03-02-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9458123)
which is why I spun your stats game and used the Cardinals as an example...you won't give credit for Smith playing well against Detroit because of Gunther but when he plays a perfect game on the road against a good pass defense (one that shut down Tom Brady in New England the same year) you won't give Smith any credit either...

the dude is an ok QB...he's between a Dilfer and a Green...that's not anything I'm looking forward to and for the 1000TH time...

I hate the move because we gave up WAY TOO MUCH and a fan base that was DESPERATE for hope was given NONE by this move that, at the very best, if we build a SUPER TEAM around Alex Smith...the best we can hope for is a wild card berth because Peyton Manning plays in our division. Horrible move.

Yes the Cards defense is good. That is the truth. I won't deny that. But I just told you that using Tom Brady as a talent gauge on Alex Smith is not wise and unwarranted. And you don't really believe Smith > Brady. You're just ****ing with me with that one.

Hootie 03-02-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixie Land (Post 9458126)
OK wake up from your sleep your having a nightmare....or you ARE THE PERFECT EXAMPLE of an ALEXSEXUAL.....WOW nothing amazes me anymore...:banghead:

dude if you don't think Alex Smith is better than Tom Brady you are just a plain n00b

basically he's the 5th best QB in the NFL

Joe Flacco is #1
Peyton Manning is #2
Jay Cutler is #3
Ryan Tannehill is #4 (this one is close though)
and then Alex Smith at #5

Brady is like #18

he just can't get it done in big games

Setsuna 03-02-2013 06:50 PM

Nuvarings!

Thig Lyfe 03-02-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9458141)
LMAO

ROBOCOP

Hootie 03-02-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9458143)
Yes the Cards defense is good. That is the truth. I won't deny that. But I just told you that using Tom Brady as a talent gauge on Alex Smith is not wise and unwarranted. And you don't really believe Smith > Brady. You're just ****ing with me with that one.

I wasn't using it as anything other than a point to prove that you can't say "player X is bad because he didn't do this against [insert team here]"

Alex Smith played a great game against Arizona on the road. Tom Brady played a terrible game against that same team at home.

Tom Brady is 500,000 times the QB Alex Smith is.

I just think this thread is ridiculous. GOATSE is cherry picking terrible throws by Smith to try and show everyone how terrible he is but he could do the same thing for Tom Brady if he wanted to.

I guarantee you Tom Brady made AT THE VERY LEAST 30 terrible, .gif-able throws and you could make a thread and be like "OMG CASSEL JESUS"

Pasta Little Brioni 03-02-2013 06:54 PM

Smith is mediocre, but Hootie is right.

Hammock Parties 03-02-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9458158)
GOATSE is cherry picking terrible throws by Smith to try and show everyone how terrible he is but he could do the same thing for Tom Brady if he wanted to.

Sorry, but I have never, ever seen Tom Brady do something as stupid as this.

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/alexsucks7.gif

Mr. Flopnuts 03-02-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9458141)
LMAO

Make 1 of them the ring from The Christmas Story. 1 of them the one true ring from LOTR. Another can be Green Lantern. Finally, go with something that has a daisy on it.

TheUte 03-02-2013 06:57 PM

[QUOTE=Go to Hell;9458177]Sorry, but I have never, ever seen Tom Brady do something as stupid as this.

Sorry But now you just proving how stupid with hatred you are.

Alex Smith set a record for most pass attempts without on INT.

Keep trying though, you keep lookin smarter and smarter.

DaFuq W DisPlace?! 03-02-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9458071)
I don't even know what this means. I do know that I'd very much prefer you were no longer alive after trying to pass off Alex Smith as a good QB.

I did nothing of the such. Dont speak for me. Nor have i even stated my opinion of Alex Smith. This place is like detention for dumb people. makes me feel smaht.

Dixie Land 03-02-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9458146)
dude if you don't think Alex Smith is better than Tom Brady you are just a plain n00b

basically he's the 5th best QB in the NFL

Joe Flacco is #1
Peyton Manning is #2
Jay Cutler is #3
Ryan Tannehill is #4 (this one is close though)
and then Alex Smith at #5

Brady is like #18

he just can't get it done in big games

TANNEHILL at #4 ..... smoke krak much???? that is a friggin joke

Hey now your a Tannehillsexual and an Alexsexual....congrats on the accomplishment douchebag...:LOL:

Hootie 03-02-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9458177)

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/alexsucks7.gif

well then you're just a ****ing moron

that isn't even that bad of a play...he was trying to throw his guy open

my ****ing god this place has lost its mind

Hootie 03-02-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixie Land (Post 9458204)
TANNEHILL at #4 ..... smoke krak much???? that is a friggin joke

Hey now your a Tannehillsexual and an Alexsexual....congrats on the accomplishment douchebag...:LOL:

LMAO

Tannehill is easily better than Luck. We can at least agree to that, right?

Dixie Land 03-02-2013 07:05 PM

[QUOTE=TheUte;9458188]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9458177)

Yes sets record then gets head bashed and benched for the 8th time, then traded here...way to go....:doh!:

hometeam 03-02-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheUte (Post 9458188)

Yea.. for SF.

Guess who holds the NFL record? Which is far beyond Smiths streak?

Tom Brady.

Dixie Land 03-02-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9458209)
LMAO

Tannehill is easily better than Luck. We can at least agree to that, right?

UUUMMMM....after much consideration,,,,HELL NO!!! sheeeeeeesh...do you like watch NFL games on tv while standing on your head???

Dixie Land 03-02-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9458206)
well then you're just a ****ing moron

that isn't even that bad of a play...he was trying to throw his guy open

my ****ing god this place has lost its mind

TRYING is the operative word here....#82 was wide friggin open and the ball was way way behind him...whats your point here,,,,no defenders anywhere nere Alex and he is scrambling like a chicken with their head cut off....????:thumb:

Hootie 03-02-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixie Land (Post 9458215)
UUUMMMM....after much consideration,,,,HELL NO!!! sheeeeeeesh...do you like watch NFL games on tv while standing on your head???

no, who would ever do that?