ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Bernard Pollard-Another former Chief saying the chiefs don't wanna win (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264650)

Micjones 10-04-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8976843)
AFC Championship game last year. Would have won it if Evans caught the ball. KC hasn't sniffed that since '93.

They give rings out for losing that game?

DaneMcCloud 10-04-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8976840)
The point he was trying to make was about winning.
He hasn't won anything significant since leaving Kansas City.

Yeah and that's all his fault

:facepalm:

If the Ravens win the Super Bowl this year, what will be your excuse then?

Chiefnj2 10-04-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8976854)
They give rings out for losing that game?

It's so much better to not have won a playoff game since '93 than it is to reach the AFC Championship game last year and have a decent shot this year.

Micjones 10-04-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8976844)
He knows what a playoff win feels like.

1 playoff win last year.
Incredible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8976856)
Yeah and that's all his fault

:facepalm:

If the Ravens win the Super Bowl this year, what will be your excuse then?

They won't.

And where did I say it was all his fault?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8976861)
It's so much better to not have won a playoff game since '93 than it is to reach the AFC Championship game last year and have a decent shot this year.

Waves at the strawman.

Straight, No Chaser 10-04-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 8976804)
http://www.610sports.com/topic/play_...udioId=6063673

All you can do is laugh at this point. "The chiefs don't make the moves necessary to improve the team, chiefs wont spend the $ to get great players"

Sounds like he was "OK" with leaving when Pioli & Haley arrived. He liked Herm and Carl.

mcaj22 10-04-2012 01:24 PM

yo id be ****ing swinging from a ceiling fan in happiness if the Chiefs were even good enough to make it to the AFC Championship and lose. **** it thats like 5 months of solid football from my favorite team.

Id consider that a successful season for the Chiefs. So yeah.

Chiefnj2 10-04-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8976867)
Waves at the strawman.

You said he hasn't won anything of significance. Winning a playoff game and getting to the AFC Championship game is significant, especially for a loser franchise like KC.

BigMeatballDave 10-04-2012 01:27 PM

I've never been a fan of his, and the talent he's around is likely masking his deficiencies, but he's been with 2 organizations since leaving the Chiefs.

Two organizations that are among the best in the NFL.

I'd say he knows a little something about winning, at this point.

Micjones 10-04-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8976869)
yo id be ****ing swinging from a ceiling fan in happiness if the Chiefs were even good enough to make it to the AFC Championship and lose. **** it thats like 5 months of solid football from my favorite team.

Id consider that a successful season for the Chiefs. So yeah.

Of course I would, but that's beside the point.

The real point is...You can't have $8 and talk shit to the guy with $4.
If you're going to throw stones about winning you should probably have won something. Aside from 1 playoff game about 9 months ago, he hasn't won anything significant. But if 1 more playoff game makes for bragging rights, so be it.

Agent V 10-04-2012 01:28 PM

It really doesn't matter that he hasn't won a Super Bowl yet with Baltimore. They're in a better position to make championship runs for at least the next five years –– anybody can see that. He's seen the inner workings of the Chiefs' organization and the Ravens' organization, and that's his opinion. And he's right.

Oh, also, he and his team are going to shove a large, black-feathered dick in Pioli's butt in his team's house on Sunday afternoon. Again. I'm guessing he'll feel pretty validated after that.

Micjones 10-04-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8976875)
You said he hasn't won anything of significance. Winning a playoff game and getting to the AFC Championship game is significant, especially for a loser franchise like KC.

His team LOST the AFC Championship game.
Since when do we dole out credit for appearances in post-season games?
Kansas City made an "appearance" in the Wildcard Round two years ago. Nobody bragged about that because we got rolled.

1 playoff victory since leaving Kansas City. 1. That gives him room to disparage Kansas City?

How many "significant" games did he win in Houston? A. None. He's not disparaging the Texans though. Pollard has an ax to grind with Kansas City. I can't understand why you guys can't see that.

Does that mean I'm happy with what Kansas City has done since 2008?
Abso-****ing-lutely not. But that also hasn't been argued.

morphius 10-04-2012 01:32 PM

I'd say that 90% of Chiefs fans here wanted to build through the draft, so I'm not going to fault the philosophy we are trying to follow. The big issues are that you can't miss on the draft, you still need to plug gaps with FA's and you can't have you 1 big time, over priced FA be Cassel.

Micjones 10-04-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief103182 (Post 8976890)
It really doesn't matter that he hasn't won a Super Bowl yet with Baltimore. They're in a better position to make championship runs for at least the next five years –– anybody can see that. He's seen the inner workings of the Chiefs' organization and the Ravens' organization, and that's his opinion. And he's right.

It should be noted that this is a significantly more nuanced point than the one he made. Just saying...