ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Sci-Fi geeks UNITE!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=119615)

Gaz 07-19-2005 07:36 AM

Lukewarm...

Well, we watched the season premiere of “Stargate SG-1” last night.

Ben Browder was fun. He has a lot of charisma that translated well from “Farscape.” It was fun seeing Claudia Black again. Beau Bridges seems to be channeling Rip Torn. The characters that hold little interest for me are the holdovers from the old SG-1.

Overall, it was barely adequate [unlike “The 4400,” for example, which falls far below adequate]. Good enough to get me to TiVo part 2, but I am not charmed yet.

xoxo~
Gaz
On the fence.

Ultra Peanut 07-19-2005 07:40 AM

Quote:

If we did not own the DVD set, we would be very excited about “Firefly” coming to SciFi. If you missed the show when Fox was sabotaging it, you should check it out. The movie version is coming out this fall.
Word up.

Ultra Peanut 07-19-2005 07:40 AM

WATCH FIREFLY OR DIE SAD AND ALONE

Gaz 07-19-2005 07:41 AM

Good stuff...

“Firefly” seriously rocks.

Do yourself a favor and check it out.

xoxo~
Gaz
Spreading the word.

Ultra Peanut 07-19-2005 07:48 AM

Jayne: Are you saying River's a witch?
Wash: Yes, Jayne, she's a witch. She's had congress with the Beast.
Jayne: She's in Congress?
Wash: How did your brain even learn human speech?

Kaylee: Oh, gosh, I... I-I knew she took females as clients... I just... They look so glamorous together.
Jayne: I'll be in my bunk.

River: (looking at Jayne) "She's a liar."
Jayne: "That don't exactly set her apart from the rest of us. And the plunder sounds fun enough."
River: "She's a liar and no good will come of her."
Jayne: "Well, I say as a rule that girlfolk ain't to be trusted."
River: "Jayne is a girl's name."
Jayne: "She starts on that 'girl's name' thing, I'm gonna show her good an' all I got man parts."
Simon: "I'm trying to think of a way for you to be cruder. It's just not coming."

beavis 07-19-2005 10:15 AM

I for one am shocked that there are sci-fi geeks on this message board.

whoman69 07-19-2005 11:24 AM

I didn't watch on Friday and could have swore that last season they should the rebroadcast on Tuesdays only to find that it was Monday. Guess I'll have to read the episode synopsis and go from there. :banghead:

Ultra Peanut 07-22-2005 07:06 AM

Yosaffbridg: "Durran, this isn't what it looks like."
Mal: "Unless it looks like we're stealing your priceless Lassiter. Because that's what we're doing. Don't ask me about the gun, though, 'cause that's new."
Durran: "Well, I appreciate your honesty. Not, you know, a lot, but..."

Bowser 07-14-2006 12:17 AM

Ah, yes. The new seasons start up for Sci-Fi's "big three" tonight. Who's watching?

Miles 07-14-2006 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser
Ah, yes. The new seasons start up for Sci-Fi's "big three" tonight. Who's watching?

Unfortunatly its only the two Stargate shows this summer for some reason. We are stuck waiting till the fall for Galactica.

Bowser 07-14-2006 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles
Unfortunatly its only the two Stargate shows this summer for some reason. We are stuck waiting till the fall for Galactica.

Ah, crap. I knew that. Got too worked up thinking about the new seasons.

I SUCK AGAIN.

Kind of curious as to how they go along with SG-1 after the way last season ended.

Miles 07-14-2006 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser
Kind of curious as to how they go along with SG-1 after the way last season ended.

Yeah I kind of forgot about what happened exactly but remember it being pretty big. I hope its not just a casual brush off of the ending and put off for a few episodes. I haven't seen any of the previews but have a bad feeling it may be what happens.

007 07-14-2006 12:24 AM

Yeah, but we get a full seasons worth of Galactica now. no more of this 10 episodes at a time with 4 months off between them.

Bowser 07-14-2006 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsguru
Yeah, but we get a full seasons worth of Galactica now. no more of this 10 episodes at a time with 4 months off between them.

This is a good thing.

Bowser 07-14-2006 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles
Yeah I kind of forgot about what happened exactly but remember it being pretty big. I hope its not just a casual brush off of the ending and put off for a few episodes. I haven't seen any of the previews but have a bad feeling it may be what happens.

It ended up with everyone dead, and Carter floating in space. And hopefully that feeling is just gas, and not a premonition.