ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Lets Talk Dwayne Bowe (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269452)

suds79 01-29-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 9361745)
Tag him. Get a first rounder in trade if possible. Use that pick for younger faster legs to replace him. Save money. Life is good.

Clark?

keg in kc 01-29-2013 12:52 PM

Why talk? Re-sign him. Re-sign Albert. Don't need much discussion for either one.

BossChief 01-29-2013 12:58 PM

Another point that goes unmentioned.... The team has to spend he actual CASH CAP, not just get to the cap floor. I bet we damn near need to sign Bowe, Albert and Colqiut just to get there.

If also really like to see hem bring Dorsey back...I think he could be pretty good in a 1 gap nose type roll.

Easy 6 01-29-2013 01:13 PM

I would be floored if Reid didnt want to keep him, without him the cupboard is very bare.

He instantly gives Reid a legitimate player... slants, crosses, fades, snagging poorly thrown jump balls, he would seem to be a great fit for the WCO.

As others have said, what we need is speed to compliment him.

TLO 01-29-2013 01:16 PM

Speed to compliment him sure, but I could see Bowe thriving in the WCO. He is best after the catch, so throwing him a lot of slants, crossing patterns, etc could be a thing of beauty.

Molitoth 01-29-2013 01:20 PM

Resign Colquitt.
Resign Albert.
Draft Geno.
Tag Bowe.

Molitoth 01-29-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

I would be floored if Reid didnt want to keep him, without him the cupboard is very bare.
We don't know that. Baldwin could be good with a QB that establishes a good chemistry with him. Breaston IS good if we had a QB that will throw him the ball.

Basically Bowe looks better than these other receivers because Cassel would only throw the ball to him and Quinn sucks too.

QB's make the receiver. (Look at what Rodgers has done to the GB WR crew, what Brady has done with the craptastic NE crew, and Peyton has done with Colts/Broncos)

Geno is pretty good at getting the ball to multiple receivers... so one of our guys could break out.

boogblaster 01-29-2013 01:23 PM

tag him .. we gotta have a #1 WR .....

saphojunkie 01-29-2013 01:26 PM

Tag him. Trade him to Pittsburgh straight up for Mike Wallace. Bowe reunites with Haley, who coached him to his best year, and gets a legit QB for once.

We get a deep threat with speed for Geno to hit for the long bomb.

Everyone gets their new contract, everyone gets a better situation.

Oh, and if you agree to that, then why not throw in having your hot sister fellate me.

htismaqe 01-29-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9361859)
Another point that goes unmentioned.... The team has to spend he actual CASH CAP, not just get to the cap floor. I bet we damn near need to sign Bowe, Albert and Colqiut just to get there.

If also really like to see hem bring Dorsey back...I think he could be pretty good in a 1 gap nose type roll.

They're already spending over the CBA-mandated cash number.

Sorter 01-29-2013 01:29 PM

Bowe is a great fit IMO for our offense. Gains solid separation on slants and can beat a solid jam at the LOS, sells his down field routes and gains great separation on digs, outs, and comebacks. Additionally, he's a a strong guy who can shield with his body and despite how much people like to bitch about his drops, he typically catches the ball aggressively with his hands.

He's going to do wonders with a QB that has consistent ball placement. If we resign Bowe and Geno progresses like an elite QB prospect, we'll also be able to murder people with back shoulder throws with Bowe in the future.

Sorter 01-29-2013 01:31 PM

I'd also like to see us begin to utilize Bowe in the slot on occasion as I think he's a very solid size/strength matchup adv over most guys playing in the nickel and also has the ability to get down the seam. He'll need another legit receiver on the outside though to truly accomplish this though IMO.

mcaj22 01-29-2013 02:34 PM

but we have Jon Baldwin to replace Bowe. This will be Jon Baldwins break out year I just know it!

/resident homers

BoneKrusher 01-29-2013 02:42 PM

all Andy Reid has to do is look at The Chiefs passing stats when Bowe was out with injuries.

Mr. Laz 01-29-2013 02:44 PM