ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Men Do you carry a "Murse" or a Man-bag (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=144432)

John_Locke 07-27-2006 11:20 PM

Men Do you carry a "Murse" or a Man-bag

personally I wouldn't carry it I think it is downright idiotic

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=22...C-RSSFeeds0312

There is a growing trend in men's fashion, the handbag. It goes by many names: the man-bag, the murse. It is a cross between a backpack and a briefcase that looks very much like a pocketbook. They have been big in Europe for quite some time. Who can forget Jerry Seinfeld's exclamation, "It's European."

Guys have their cell phones, BlackBerries, wallets, checkbooks, sunglasses, body spray, you name it. And the 21st century guy wants to put it somewhere special.

"Once you are out in the work world, do you really want to be carrying a backpack when you are wearing a suit?" says Adam Rapoport, the style editor at GQ Magazine. "At the same time, most guys don't want to be like their dads and carry a briefcase."

Hence, the man-bag, like the one carried by 36-year-old Carlo Vogel. I met Vogel in Central Park, where he carried his man-bag with pride. Inside were two cell phones, a camera, money and cigarettes (Vogel rolls his own).

greg63 07-27-2006 11:26 PM

No.

Jim Jones 07-27-2006 11:26 PM

If any of you ever see me with a "murse", feel free to kick my ass.

RealSNR 07-27-2006 11:40 PM

That thoundth thpecial :thailor:

chefsos 07-27-2006 11:42 PM

Guys have their...
cell phones... Um, pocket.
BlackBerries... Not me.
wallets... See cell phones.
checkbooks... Who the hell carries a checkbook around?
sunglasses... Wait, I'm sensing a trend here. Metrosexuals don't have pockets at all, do they?
body spray... WTF....just WTF.
you name it. Okay, I will. They ignored the pocketknife.
And the 21st century guy wants to put it somewhere special.
Don't care how special it looks to him, I'm still not bending over to pick up his dropped murse.

Mecca 07-27-2006 11:44 PM

I bet Eric Warfield has one..........is this just more of the trend that started with the really gay fad of "fanny packs".

CosmicPal 07-27-2006 11:45 PM

Only to my office each day. In my field, the technology is always updating or upgrading and I have to continuously learn on the job, so I have a lot of paperwork- plus I carry my cell and CD's to listen to at the office.

The Dude Abides 07-27-2006 11:58 PM

NO. This is Kansas. NO.

RealSNR 07-28-2006 12:08 AM

I have a handy checkbook that fits in my wallet. It's called a credit card.

Halfcan 07-28-2006 12:11 AM

Should post this over at the Mange-I bet they all have fanny packs.

Halfcan 07-28-2006 12:11 AM

Lance Bass has one-and he is okay with it.

stevieray 07-28-2006 12:11 AM

wallet. check.
cell phone. check
keys. check

carrying around a bunch of crap in a murse? delete.

listopencil 07-28-2006 12:45 AM

I have one of those big wallets that my checkbook fits into. It fits in my back pocket. My cell phone fits in my front pocket with my keys. I wear my sunglasses or hang them from the neck hole of my shirt. I have a cigarette case that I put my roll-your-own cigarettes in. It goes in the other front pocket with my lighter. Body spray? WTF? I put on my Old Spice deodorant after I shower and I leave it in the bathroom. What a bunch of bundle of stickss.

Mecca 07-28-2006 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil
I have one of those big wallets that my checkbook fits into. It fits in my back pocket. My cell phone fits in my front pocket with my keys. I wear my sunglasses or hang them from the neck hole of my shirt. I have a cigarette case that I put my roll-your-own cigarettes in. It goes in the other front pocket with my lighter. Body spray? WTF? I put on my Old Spice deodorant after I shower and I leave it in the bathroom. What a bunch of Rump Rangers.

I didn't know you could just carry joints in your front pocket like that, I think I'll try that.

Anyong Bluth 07-28-2006 12:59 AM

I do, but its b/c I'm a diabetic and carry my stuff in there. It's actually just a dob (sp?) kit, but hey, whatever.