ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Is there ANY Scenario Where Solari Stays in 2008? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=174864)

KCJohnny 11-19-2007 10:59 AM

Is there ANY Scenario Where Solari Stays in 2008?

Usually a bottom feeder performance means a demotion/firing.
Driving the most powerful O in the league into the bottom of the basement should mean a dismissal - even during the season.

The only scenario I can foresee that includes Solari involves Herm admitting that He is the reason our "arena football" offense died the death. Herm will either have to take responsibility for that putrid offense or throw Solari under the bus.

I am hoping Norv gets canned in SD and we get him to build a real Coryell offense again.

KurtCobain 11-19-2007 11:02 AM

We ain't getting Norv, not even as a shoe-shiner.

Who has Gregg Knapp?

Hoover 11-19-2007 11:02 AM

Yes, but is the Oline coach

I don't really care if its the Coryell offense or not.

I want a guy who can quickly develope a relationship with our young QB. Also Brodie, TG, and Bowe need to spend the offseason working togehter

Bowser 11-19-2007 11:04 AM

Sure there is. Herm and/or Carl come out and admit just how pathetic our O-Line is, and make the statement that NO offensive coordinator could have made anything from and offense anchored by that line. Or, they don't say it publicly but know full well just what the problem is, and give him the pass. OR, Herm is Vermeil-esque with his loyalty, and keeps Solari around a year or two too long, ala Greg Robinson.

Personally, I'd like to see Solari back to coaching the O-Line exclusively, and move Charlie Joiner up to coordinator. But like I said, Joiner wouldn't be any better with the turds we're lining up on the line.

Dave Lane 11-19-2007 11:06 AM

I fully expect Herm to throw Solari under the bus if there is ANY pressure on him to resign. However is they manage to eke out a 8-8 season then Herm will keep him so he has a pass / out for next season

Dave

KCJohnny 11-19-2007 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser
Sure there is. Herm and/or Carl come out and admit just how pathetic our O-Line is, and make the statement that NO offensive coordinator could have made anything from and offense anchored by that line. Or, they don't say it publicly but know full well just what the problem is, and give him the pass. OR, Herm is Vermeil-esque with his loyalty, and keeps Solari around a year or two too long, ala Greg Robinson.

Personally, I'd like to see Solari back to coaching the O-Line exclusively, and move Charlie Joiner up to coordinator. But like I said, Joiner wouldn't be any better with the turds we're lining up on the line.

Joiner certainly can't do any worse. At least he was a player/coach at a skill position. Solari was an OL coach.

I see somebody taking the hit. You can't finish 31st in the NFL in total offense and keep your job, can you?

pikesome 11-19-2007 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser

Here it is. I don't see the Chiefs making many changes the next 2 years. Herm's going to get a pass because 1. It's his 2nd year 2. We went to the playoffs his first 3. Drafting has been successful by any measure 4. Carl will want to keep him. Carl stays because his contract has 2 more years, short of an egregious problem Hunt leaves him alone till he retires. Solari probably stays because the team will finish decent-ish and most of our problems can be blamed on Oline, QB and RB issues. Short of Herm or Carl going early (which ain't going to happen) I don't see a shake up in the coaching staff. If the team tanks the rest of the season Solari is the most likely to go but I'm guessing the team's going to play well enough to keep him here.

Bowser 11-19-2007 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCJohnny
Joiner certainly can't do any worse. At least he was a player/coach at a skill position. Solari was an OL coach.

I see somebody taking the hit. You can't finish 31st in the NFL in total offense and keep your job, can you?

I think so, especially if playing not to lose is what your head coach is in favor of, and asking the coordinator to do.

Wile_E_Coyote 11-19-2007 11:15 AM

Clark has has a year to grieve his father's passing & let things be. I wonder if now he steps in & becomes more hands on

Zouk 11-19-2007 11:16 AM

I think he'll be back.

The talent on offense is not competitive. If you watch the team, you see they cannot execute even simple plays. Everyone imagines these are 8 and 9 man fronts that are whipping us - but it's flat untrue. The Colts kept their safeties back all game, and we still couldn't run on their undersized front. And we turn the ball over or have a negative play on an alarming % of seven-stop drops. The conservatism is a response to the ineptiude not the cause of it.

pikesome 11-19-2007 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zouk
The conservatism is a response to the ineptiude not the cause of it.

It also is part of the problem. We're trying to win with D which is near impossible in the NFL any more. If the team took more risks, even if they were unsuccessful, we'd have a better chance, IMHO. Playing it tight hasn't worked well, we ought to at least try to go balls out.

KCJohnny 11-19-2007 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pikesome
Here it is. I don't see the Chiefs making many changes the next 2 years. Herm's going to get a pass because 1. It's his 2nd year 2. We went to the playoffs his first 3. Drafting has been successful by any measure 4. Carl will want to keep him. Carl stays because his contract has 2 more years, short of an egregious problem Hunt leaves him alone till he retires. Solari probably stays because the team will finish decent-ish and most of our problems can be blamed on Oline, QB and RB issues. Short of Herm or Carl going early (which ain't going to happen) I don't see a shake up in the coaching staff. If the team tanks the rest of the season Solari is the most likely to go but I'm guessing the team's going to play well enough to keep him here.

I read on the Dick Curl thread that he as assistant HC has veto power over Solari's play calling. Thoughts?

Let's get one thing straight. What we saw yesterday was the game plan scripted for young Brodie to not get humiliated in his first start against the defending SB champs. They ran about 10 different plays that they probably meticulously prepared for in practice.

I wonder if the whole playbook is open (both pages, front and back :rolleyes:) and Solari tries to game plan to this offense's actual strengths (saw faint glipses of that yesterday) whether we may arrive at the arena league like 20 ppg? I mean, is the potential there or not? Is it the play calling or do we just stink?

KCJohnny 11-19-2007 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zouk
I think he'll be back.

The talent on offense is not competitive. If you watch the team, you see they cannot execute even simple plays. Everyone imagines these are 8 and 9 man fronts that are whipping us - but it's flat untrue. The Colts kept their safeties back all game, and we still couldn't run on their undersized front. And we turn the ball over or have a negative play on an alarming % of seven-stop drops. The conservatism is a response to the ineptiude not the cause of it.

Rich Baldinger was doing analysis and play break downs for KC Metro Sports last night and brought up this very point. He said at least one OLman misses an assignment on nearly every running play. Baldy had film and was able to show the fans what he was talking about.

I think just as Norv is an OC who builds gaudy offenses but ruins a good offense as a HC, so Solari builds great OLs but ruins them as an OC.

Reerun_KC 11-19-2007 11:27 AM

Pretty sure he will be discarded and off to another team building a solid OL agian.

Solari is just paving the way for Dickomotion offense in 2008...

FAX 11-19-2007 11:32 AM

I honestly don't blame Solari. The Indy game strategy had Herm written all over it. In bugger juice.

FAX