ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc 12-Year-Old Oklahoma Girl Shoots Home Intruder (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267888)

-King- 12-21-2012 02:14 AM

Ban gun safes. Parents who lock their guns in their gun safes are endangering their kids.

Just think, what if that gun was locked up? The daughter would be dead right now.

-King- 12-21-2012 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 9228973)
Hell Yes

+1 for gun owners

These parents deserve a lot of credit for obviously teaching the 12 year old about guns and how to use them. A useful tool when respected and used as intended. If only every family was responsible like this one appears to be.

What happens if there was not a gun in reach. A defenseless 12 year old kidnapping victim?

This. Guns need to be in reach at all times. They need to be in a place where 12 year olds can have access to them no matter what.

Ban Gun Safes!

kepp 12-21-2012 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 9229020)
and the perp has a gun....?

hey! don't taze me bro!

Or sues the homeowner because he now has a life-long facial twitch.

WV 12-21-2012 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9229002)
hey guys what if all you people who are so terrified of home invaders bought high powered tasers instead. effectively incapacitates the perp without killing them and then we can get rid of all the guns because now there is literally no reason for you to own a gun

i mean unless you have a bloodlust/murder fantasy or something but i'm sure that's not the case

When will you be over so I can test my taser? I know my gun goes bang.

You also realize that first of all taser's can be ineffective if the suspect is high and secondly you have to be in close proximity to the suspect to effectively use a taser.

Hey hey would be robber....Don't make me come over there to tase you or hey shitbag look down the barrel of my home defense gun. I think I'll stick with the latter.

Taser Self Defense Realities

mikey23545 12-21-2012 05:19 AM

Quote:

hey guys what if all you people who are so terrified of home invaders bought high powered tasers instead. effectively incapacitates the perp without killing them and then we can get rid of all the guns because now there is literally no reason for you to own a gun

How about if everybody has a gun and we blow away all home invaders and then we got rid of all the perps effectively making us safe from all home invaders.

AussieChiefsFan 12-21-2012 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 9229087)
How about if everybody has a gun and we blow away all home invaders and then we got rid of all the perps effectively making us safe from all home invaders.

The only porblem there is that guns aren't only used for home defense.

crazycoffey 12-21-2012 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 9229019)
Us city folks use locks.

he kicked in the door

KCUnited 12-21-2012 06:29 AM

My mustache got thicker just by watching that.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-21-2012 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9229118)
My mustache got thicker just by watching that.

ROFL

Amnorix 12-21-2012 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9229022)
This. Guns need to be in reach at all times. They need to be in a place where 12 year olds can have access to them no matter what.

Ban Gun Safes!

errr....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_wAxDMfEGho...%2Bserious.jpg

HonestChieffan 12-21-2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 9229020)
and the perp has a gun....?

hey! don't taze me bro!

there ya go!

Garcia Bronco 12-21-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

i mean unless you have a bloodlust/murder fantasy or something but i'm sure that's not the case

I would not say blood thirty but there is a problem with your theory, people like to comeback. If you come in my house to do God knows what...you're not coming back.

TribalElder 12-21-2012 07:42 AM

Quote:

Great idea. I'm sure she could have just as easily tasered the intruder through the door the same way she shot him. You will never get rid of all the guns FYI that cat is already out of the bag. The knowledge is already out there so it's too late for that. Besides, this is 'Merica! **** Yeah

Saul Good 12-21-2012 07:51 AM

Quote:

Tasers shoot 15 whole feet and run on batteries. Seems reliable and effective to me.

Dartgod 12-21-2012 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9229179)
Tasers shoot 15 whole feet and run on batteries. Seems reliable and effective to me.

And they easily penetrate doors!