ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Woman behind the Redskins name change says the Chiefs should be on guard (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284628)

UK_Chief 06-26-2014 06:16 AM

The Ghanaian soccer team are called The Black Stars*

*May or may not be something to do with their flag design...

007 06-26-2014 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10716172)
It is offensive. The Indians native Americans just told you so. Why would you want to keep a name that's offensive to people?

The name isn't what is offensive. They are just trying to abuse their perceived power.

teedubya 06-26-2014 06:18 AM

Soon, all memories of Native Americans will be wiped away... and then the few remaining will protest that.

Just Passin' By 06-26-2014 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10716177)
The name isn't what is offensive. They are just trying to abuse their perceived power.

You don't get to decide what's offensive to the people of rougeish complexion native Americans find offensive. That's for them to decide. They find it offensive. The name "Chiefs" must go.

007 06-26-2014 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10716181)
You don't get to decide what's offensive to the people of rougeish complexion native Americans find offensive. That's for them to decide. They find it offensive. The name "Chiefs" must go.

Ahhhh trolling. :thumb:

Window Licking Whiner 06-26-2014 06:21 AM

I called this awhile back. Being in Virignia, the fans of the Redskins said the same shit you guys are now spouting.

"It isnt offensive".."SNYDER WILL NEVER CHANGE IT", etc etc.

Once the PC train left the station it isnt stopping. Chiefs will be next, count on it.

While YOU dont think it's offensive, and I agree, THEY (the ones who cry the loudest and who the media loves to pander to) claim it's offensive. This lady is even telling you it's you she's coming after next.

After the Skins name gets changed, btw Snyder has already secured a patent for a "Washington Football Entertainment License" for a different name in case this shit goes sour. And it is going sour. But after the skins get changed, it's going to be all in public with MSNBC/CNN/etc talking about the victory for the little guys (indians), then the following questions will be directed at YOU.

And let's face it. Nobody outside of Missouri/Iowa/Kansas likes the Chiefs. Redskins have die hard fans in very big cities, (cities that make policy for the rest of the nation). What do you have?

Wait until you have Obama and Harry Reid claiming that Since the redskins got changed because it's offensive, then you county bumpkin rednecks in the Midwest ought to see the light and change the Chiefs/Blackhawks/Indians/etc.

The train has left. I'd start thinking about what you want your name to be called.

GO PACK

007 06-26-2014 06:23 AM

Kansas City Bronco Killers

Oops not very PC of me. LMAO

Just Passin' By 06-26-2014 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10716182)
Ahhhh trolling. :thumb:

Not trolling, Guru. I'm just using the same arguments that the PC pussies used in the Redskins thread. The stupidity of their claims is the same in both cases, but Chiefs fans will see it more obviously here, where it's their ox being gored.

007 06-26-2014 06:29 AM

From 2011 - Just a fan opinion but a good one.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ycn-8754447

The Kansas City Chiefs are one of the most storied and longest-lived franchises in NFL history. When they moved from Dallas to Kansas City, they changed their nickname from the Texans to the Chiefs. There was a very distinct reason why the Chiefs have that particular nickname.

History

The reason for the Chiefs moniker isn't because of a Native American tribe in the area. Instead, the Chiefs got their nickname from H. Roe Bartle who died in 1974. He was a civic leader and executive for the Boy Scouts of America. Bartle was mayor of Kansas City for two terms and was very popular in the ciy when the football team moved from Texas.

It was during his time with the Boy Scouts from 1928 to the 1950s that Bartle got his nickname "Chief." He was an imposing figure at 6-3 and was respected by everyone. As mayor from 1955 to 1959, he was instrumental in bringing the franchise to the city. Lamar Hunt honored his hard work and dedication by naming his team after Bartle's nickname, "Chief"

Protests

In October of 2005, Native American tribes protested outside Arrowhead Stadium when the Washington Redskins came to town. They were making a point that class of people shouldn't be used as a mascot. I completely agree—the Redskins' nickname is based upon the color of someone's skin and is completely out of line.

NCAA teams have changed their names to reflect changes in attitudes such Southeast Missouri State and Arkansas State. They became the Red Hawks and Red Wolves, respectively.

Should the Chiefs follow suit with some "red" nickname and an animal? After all, KC Wolf is our on-field mascot.

I don't think the Chiefs need a new name at all. They stand for Kansas City itself, a legacy that is both proud and honorable. Arrowhead Stadium and the arrow symbol is a testament to the tradition and values of Scouting throughout the world. The arrowhead logo is also a symbol used for a leadership award in Scouting on the district level. It is also prevalent in many Scouting organizations such as the Order of the Arrow , a branch of the Scouts that passes on Native American lore and traditions.

Unlike another NFL team name that is racist, the Chiefs nickname is just fine on its own. The next time the Chiefs and Redskins play, the protest is really about the NFL team in Washington.

William Browning is a fan of the Kansas City Chiefs after latching on to the team during the lean years of St. Louis football. Born in the gateway city, he is also a lifelong St. Louis Cardinals fan. He currently resides in Branson, Mo.

Mother****erJones 06-26-2014 06:31 AM

Yup...let's just change our name to the Pelicans!...****ing twat

Kman34 06-26-2014 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs_va (Post 10716183)
I called this awhile back. Being in Virignia, the fans of the Redskins said the same shit you guys are now spouting.

"It isnt offensive".."SNYDER WILL NEVER CHANGE IT", etc etc.

Once the PC train left the station it isnt stopping. Chiefs will be next, count on it.

While YOU dont think it's offensive, and I agree, THEY (the ones who cry the loudest and who the media loves to pander to) claim it's offensive. This lady is even telling you it's you she's coming after next.

After the Skins name gets changed, btw Snyder has already secured a patent for a "Washington Football Entertainment License" for a different name in case this shit goes sour. And it is going sour. But after the skins get changed, it's going to be all in public with MSNBC/CNN/etc talking about the victory for the little guys (indians), then the following questions will be directed at YOU.

And let's face it. Nobody outside of Missouri/Iowa/Kansas likes the Chiefs. Redskins have die hard fans in very big cities, (cities that make policy for the rest of the nation). What do you have?

Wait until you have Obama and Harry Reid claiming that Since the redskins got changed because it's offensive, then you county bumpkin rednecks in the Midwest ought to see the light and change the Chiefs/Blackhawks/Indians/etc.

The train has left. I'd start thinking about what you want your name to be called.

GO PACK

North and South Dakota Better watch out.....
Fort Osage High School too..

|Zach| 06-26-2014 06:34 AM

Lots of great and relevant analogies here in this thread.

You guys are at the top of your game.

Chief Roundup 06-26-2014 06:37 AM

I just don't understand why people do not understand that those names for sports teams were and are being used because of the respect that people had for the fierceness and the way they fought.
It is not meant to be a bad thing, yet some want to view it that way to push their agenda.

KCUnited 06-26-2014 06:41 AM

I think the Kansas City Heshers could be relatable.

teedubya 06-26-2014 06:42 AM

The Kansas City Perennial Playoff Losers!