ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs a daunting task for Wallace (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150720)

Hammock Parties 10-27-2006 11:05 AM

Chiefs a daunting task for Wallace

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/a...iew271006.html

When the Kansas City Chiefs pass: Give credit to backup quarterback Damon Huard. He's played above and beyond the call of duty in starter Trent Green's absence. His game a week ago was the best performance of any quarterback against San Diego's defense all year. He'll likely need that confidence this week against a Seattle pass rush that is loaded across the board. The Seahawks are fourth in the NFL in sacks, and can bring pressure from anywhere.

Outside linebacker Julian Peterson leads the team with six sacks, and he often lines up as a defensive end in passing situations, replacing Grant Wistrom. Sixth-year man Bryce Fisher will likely give Chiefs right tackle Kevin Sampson some big problems all game. The most interesting dynamic in this matchup is easily Chiefs tight end Tony Gonzalez against Julian Peterson. The last time they squared off, Peterson, then a 49er, completely shut down Gonzalez. Will the Seahawks commit Peterson in coverage, or let him rush the passer? Will the Chiefs send Gonzalez down the field, hoping to keep Peterson away from Huard? Let the chess game begin.

Edge: Seahawks

When the Seattle Seahawks pass: You've got to feel sorry for Seattle quarterback Seneca Wallace. Arrowhead Stadium is no place for a young quarterback to make his first NFL start. Compounding the challenge is, once again, Seattle's offensive line. They've allowed 21 sacks already this year. The running backs struggle in blitz pickup, too, especially Maurice Morris. That's a big problem this week against a team that loves to send linebackers screaming after the quarterback.

The good news for Seattle is that it has a set of receivers that will test KC's secondary, and Wallace does have the ability to get the ball out. Despite his athleticism, he's not a run-first quarterback. He has a strong arm and his lack of height doesn't appear to be a problem. This will be another week in which the Chiefs must watch for the bootleg, although the Seahawks don't use much play action in their passing game.

Edge: Chiefs

When the Kansas City Chiefs run: Is Larry Johnson back? After a stellar 132-yard effort a week ago against the San Diego Chargers , he'll face another good run defense this Sunday. The Seahawks allowed Chester Taylor to run for 169 yards a week ago, but other than that, they've been extremely solid all year, shutting down backs like Kevin Jones, Tiki Barber and Steven Jackson.

The Seahawks are extremely quick along the defensive line. Brian Waters and Will Shields, KC's veteran Pro Bowl guards, will have an interesting battle all day long with Seattle defensive tackles Marcus Tubbs and Rocky Bernard. Until the Chiefs prove they can consistently run the ball effectively as they did against San Diego, call this one a push.

Edge: Even

When the Seattle Seahawks run: Shaun Alexander remains out of the lineup for Seattle with a foot injury. That's bad news for a team that is really struggling to run the ball in his absence. The Seahawks are averaging just 3.7 yards per rush without him. Alexander's replacement, Maurice Morris, has almost no ability to break tackles, but the real problem is the offensive line.

Simply put, the Seahawks' front five is not playing anywhere close to the level it attained a year ago. They struggle with power running and the outside stretch plays haven't been very effective, either. The draw has been the best weapon in Seattle's running game since Alexander left. With Wallace making his first NFL start, there's little sign of relief this weekend against a Chiefs run defense that has been stingy at home in recent years.

Special teams: Big advantage for KC. Placekicker Josh Brown has already missed two kicks under 40 yards for Seattle this year, and punter Ryan Plackemeier is average. Watch Chiefs kick returner Dante Hall closely to see if he shakes off a poor performance from a week ago. If he struggles again, he could be replaced by rookie Jeff Webb on kickoffs and Eddie Kennison on punts.

Intangibles: The Chiefs are riding high after a huge win over a division rival. With Matt Hasselbeck down for the better part of a month, the rest of Seattle's team will likely step up and rally around Wallace. Chiefs head coach Herm Edwards is 1-0 lifetime against Seattle head coach Mike Holmgren.

Edge:Chiefs

Prediction:
The Seahawks won't go down without a fight, but Seneca Wallace is no William Wallace.

Chiefs 24, Seahawks 13

Donger 10-27-2006 11:08 AM

For the love of God...

King_Chief_Fan 10-27-2006 11:12 AM

If they are giving the Hawks the edge with Huard passing, you can imagine what it will be like with Croyle passing.

Talking about stacking the line to stop the run? That edge will go to the Hawks as well. Brodie will get no respect as QB and he doesn't deserve it.
Peterson may eat him up.

Game score 9 to 6 .

Hammock Parties 10-27-2006 11:13 AM

I don't think Croyle is starting.

King_Chief_Fan 10-27-2006 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs
I don't think Croyle is starting.

I hope you are right

JBucc 10-27-2006 11:15 AM

I wouldn't mind Croyle starting. I think it would be fun. We'd win anyway.

Donger 10-27-2006 11:16 AM

GoChiefs, do you have some aversion to using apostrophes when it comes to the Chiefs?

Hammock Parties 10-27-2006 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger
GoChiefs, do you have some aversion to using apostrophes when it comes to the Chiefs?

I'm not responsible for editing anything on realfootball365.com.

Donger 10-27-2006 11:20 AM

Quote:

I'm not responsible for editing anything on realfootball365.com.

You didn't write this?

Easy 6 10-27-2006 11:20 AM

Another well done piece IMO, this format seems to keep you from blathering. A tight read, nice job.

Hammock Parties 10-27-2006 11:23 AM

Quote:

You didn't write this?

I wrote it, but everything on that site is edited by someone else.

Donger 10-27-2006 11:24 AM

Quote:

They removed the apostrophes in question?

Hammock Parties 10-27-2006 11:28 AM

Quote:

They removed the apostrophes in question?

No, but they didn't add them. I assume they have it right. I don't know. Apostrophes with team names seems to be a tricky thing.

DeepSouth 10-27-2006 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBucc
I wouldn't mind Croyle starting. I think it would be fun. We'd win anyway.

It's all a ploy. Huard isn't really hurt. Croyle is looking so good in practice they faked the Huard injury so they could start Croyle. :)

StcChief 10-27-2006 11:30 AM

Quote:

Proof reading is something that has gone by the wayside in media.

No one pays attention anymore anyway.

Hammock Parties 10-27-2006 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StcChief
Proof reading is something that has gone by the wayside in media.

No one pays attention anymore anyway.

Everyone but Donger.

Donger 10-27-2006 11:32 AM

Quote:

No, but they didn't add them. I assume they have it right. I don't know. Apostrophes with team names seems to be a tricky thing.

No, they don't have it right.

They are probably confused by 'Chiefs" ending in an 's.'

Donger 10-27-2006 11:34 AM

"KC's secondary"
"KC's veteran Pro Bowl guards"

and then,

"Chiefs kick returner Dante Hall"
"Chiefs head coach Herm Edwards"
"Chiefs run defense"

Sigh.

Hammock Parties 10-27-2006 11:35 AM

Noted.

Hammock Parties 10-27-2006 11:35 AM

Quote:

Sigh.

U pour torchured sole, u.

Hammock Parties 10-27-2006 11:36 AM

At least we've seen an end to the THAT WHO Wars.

Warrior5 10-27-2006 11:42 AM

[QUOTE=GoChiefs]http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/a...iew271006.html

...Brian Waters and Will Shields, KC's veteran Pro Bowl guards, will have an interesting battle all day long with Seattle defensive tackles Marcus Tubbs and Rocky Bernard. Until the Chiefs prove they can consistently run the ball effectively as they did against San Diego, call this one a push

Edge: Even

I think Tubbs is injured.

Hammock Parties 10-27-2006 11:44 AM

He's questionable with a knee.

Donger 10-27-2006 11:45 AM

Quote:

Noted.

And, either is acceptable. "Chiefs's wide receiver" or "Chiefs' wide receiver."

Hammock Parties 10-27-2006 11:45 AM

Good god. Chiefs's would be annoying.

Donger 10-27-2006 11:49 AM

Quote:

Good god. Chiefs's would be annoying.

That would be why most people remove it.

JBucc 10-27-2006 11:49 AM

What if it's like the pizza place called Big Ben's? Would it be Big Ben's's or just Big Ben's? Or maybe Big Ben's'?

Donger 10-27-2006 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBucc
What if it's like the pizza place called Big Ben's? Would it be Big Ben's's or just Big Ben's? Or maybe Big Ben's'?

Just Big Ben's.

KChiefsQT 10-27-2006 11:58 AM

Quote:

Just Big Ben's.

:clap:
A for the day.

Wile_E_Coyote 10-27-2006 12:01 PM

At Big Ben's Pizza, we deliver in 30 minutes or your pizza is roadkill

Donger 10-27-2006 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefsQT
:clap:
A for the day.

Gee, thanks for the affirmation.

Now show me that ass.

Easy 6 10-27-2006 12:23 PM

Quote:

Gee, thanks for the affirmation.

Now show me that ass.

I think every female on the Planet should post a pic of themselves to satisfy our prurient interests.