ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ****OFFICIAL Walterfootball.com Mock Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276721)

saphojunkie 10-04-2013 10:47 AM

The way this season is shaping up, it will appear that mocking the chiefs' draft pick will be next to impossible.

There are so many factors to consider:

1. Alex Smith's health. If he has a bad injury/concussion... do we pull the trigger on a guy like Mariota? I personally think the Eagles are going to take him. Love the way the guy has the athleticism to explode out of the pocket for a long run, but shows impressive patience waiting to find the pass option first.

2. The tight end position after Fasano and Kelce come back. Can these guys actually produce? Can one of them really make McGrath move back to his natural role as a backup? Can Kelce stay healthy and provide a mismatch?

3. Will another wide receiver consistently step up? Avery had a fantastic game vs. the eagles and then promptly followed it up with a complete shit fest of drops against the giants. Marquis Lee is a guy I could see going top ten or dropping.

4. Does Cooper actually play this well, or was that a fluke? If we lucked out and Cooper turns into a legitimate corner with size, it takes a tremendous amount of pressure off this franchise in the middle rounds.

I personally think this team will go after offensive playmakers in the early rounds next year. The second round pick is as good as gone at this point, so I'm thinking we look at a guy like Eric Ebon in the first, provided Watkins or Lee don't drop.

Otter 10-22-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10027985)
There is not a chance in hell that Tuitt falls that far. No way, no how.

If Allen and Asamoah don't pull their heads out of their respective asses, I'll almost guarantee you that this guy will be strongly considered by the Chiefs with their first round pick:

http://sports.cbsimg.net/u/photos/fo...mg23284338.jpg

Gabe Jackson is an absolute animal.

His left arm looks like a bulls rear leg.

The Franchise 10-23-2013 11:06 AM

Here's the latest. Keep in mind....he has us picking #32 because of our record....not because he thinks we'll win the SB.

But yeah....here you go.

#32 - Corey Robinson, OT, South Carolina
The Chiefs just spent the No. 1 overall pick on the disappointing Eric Fisher, but they'll need a bookend for him once Branden Albert moves on. If you don't think Kansas City would draft two consecutive offensive tackles with its first-round picks, well, remember who's making the decisions now.

#96 - Jared Abbrederis, WR, Wisconsin
The Chiefs need another outside receiver to start across from Dwayne Bowe.

KC_Lee 10-23-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10116671)
Here's the latest. Keep in mind....he has us picking #32 because of our record....not because he thinks we'll win the SB.

But yeah....here you go.

The Chiefs just spent the No. 1 overall pick on the disappointing Eric Fisher, but they'll need a bookend for him once Branden Albert moves on. If you don't think Kansas City would draft two consecutive offensive tackles with its first-round picks, well, remember who's making the decisions now.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2n66pf.jpg

RealSNR 10-23-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10116671)

But yeah....here you go.

#96 - Jared Abbrederis, WR, Wisconsin

Abbrederis is either going to turn into another Greg Jennings/Wes Welker type of receiver and kick ass, or he's going to be kind of poopy.

My guess is poopy. He doesn't have the talent or ability of his Wisconsin teammate Nick Toon, who just got drafted last year.

We're better off with Bowe and Avery plus Hemingway/McCluster/Jenkins/whatever other slapdick than trying to make Abbrederis work.

ILChief 10-26-2013 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10046161)
The way this season is shaping up, it will appear that mocking the chiefs' draft pick will be next to impossible.

There are so many factors to consider:

1. Alex Smith's health. If he has a bad injury/concussion... do we pull the trigger on a guy like Mariota? I personally think the Eagles are going to take him. Love the way the guy has the athleticism to explode out of the pocket for a long run, but shows impressive patience waiting to find the pass option first.

2. The tight end position after Fasano and Kelce come back. Can these guys actually produce? Can one of them really make McGrath move back to his natural role as a backup? Can Kelce stay healthy and provide a mismatch?

3. Will another wide receiver consistently step up? Avery had a fantastic game vs. the eagles and then promptly followed it up with a complete shit fest of drops against the giants. Marquis Lee is a guy I could see going top ten or dropping.

4. Does Cooper actually play this well, or was that a fluke? If we lucked out and Cooper turns into a legitimate corner with size, it takes a tremendous amount of pressure off this franchise in the middle rounds.

I personally think this team will go after offensive playmakers in the early rounds next year. The second round pick is as good as gone at this point, so I'm thinking we look at a guy like Eric Ebon in the first, provided Watkins or Lee don't drop.

If Mariotta comes out he will be a top five pick. If you're looking for QBs for us it would be Carr, mccarron, or possibly johnny d-bag

The Franchise 11-08-2013 11:24 AM

Two mock drafts.

Quote:

#32 - Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers
Dwayne Bowe has been a disappointment in Andy Reid's offense. Kansas City could use more talent at receiver for Alex Smith.

Coleman (6-6, 220) is a massive receiver who looks like a tight end. He has been very consistent for Rutgers and has produced while playing in a running offense. The junior led the Scarlet Knights with 43 receptions for 718 yards and 10 touchdowns last season. Coleman led Rutgers with 663 receiving yards on 39 receptions with 10 touchdowns in 2011, too.

The biggest question about Coleman is if he has enough speed for the NFL. The senior started out this season with nine receptions for 94 yards and two touchdowns against Fresno State. He has 22 receptions for 326 yards with two touchdown receptions thus far in 2013. Coleman looks like he is still trying to regain his speed following offseason knee surgery.

#96. A.J. McCarron, QB, Alabama

Andy Reid likes to draft quarterbacks and it makes sense for Kansas City to have another young backup to develop with Tyler Bray.

McCarron has benefitted from an elite offensive line and running game throughout his time as a starter. He has only had to make a handful of throws per game in order to contribute to wins for Alabama, even against good opponents. In most games, the Crimson Tide hasn't needed him to do anything other than hand the ball off.

In 2013, McCarron has completed 69 percent of his passes this season for 1,862 yards with 16 touchdowns and three interceptions. He didn't play well against Virginia Tech or Ole Miss, but tore up a weak Texas A&M secondary.

McCarron completed 67 percent of his passes for 2,933 yards with 30 touchdowns and three interceptions in 2012. The junior had great looks to throw the ball because of Alabama's running game and star-studded offensive line. He connected on 67 percent of his passes for 2,634 yards with 16 touchdowns and five interceptions in 2011.

Perhaps the Crimson Tide will let McCarron throw the ball more as a senior. He had only 314 attempts last year for an average of 22 per game. Teddy Bridgewater (419), Johnny Manziel (434), Tajh Boyd (427), David Fales (451) and Logan Thomas (429) all received a lot more experience throwing against pass coverage and pass rushes.
Quote:

#32. Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee

#96. Jarvis Landry, WR, LSU

Bowser 11-08-2013 12:59 PM

Am I wrong to get a "meh" feel from both of those mocks? I'll admit Jarvis Landry seems intriguing, but I don't have enough info about him to get fired up.

McCarron could be a great developmental guy, but we have one of those already...

The Franchise 11-08-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10169939)
Am I wrong to get a "meh" feel from both of those mocks? I'll admit Jarvis Landry seems intriguing, but I don't have enough info about him to get fired up.

McCarron could be a great developmental guy, but we have one of those already...

What I think is happening is what I like to call "Picking at #32" syndrome. When you repeatedly pick in the top 10.....it's easy to get enamored with picking a "game-changer" or "stud" at a certain position. #32 is murky water.

keg in kc 11-08-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

#32. Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
The Chiefs just spent the No. 1 overall pick on the disappointing Eric Fisher, but they'll need a bookend for him once Branden Albert moves on
LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-08-2013 05:29 PM

http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/chiefsb_logo.gif Kansas City Chiefs: Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee http://walterfootball.com/college/Tennessee_logo.gif

1) My face: shoot me in it now.

2) Hopefully John Dorsey?

Saccopoo 11-09-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 10170568)
http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/chiefsb_logo.gif Kansas City Chiefs: Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee http://walterfootball.com/college/Tennessee_logo.gif

1) My face: shoot me in it now.

2) Hopefully John Dorsey?

Don't get too worried about this. They'll be taking Jackson with their first rounder, who's literally a generational talent in a power scheme, and then take the OT in round three.

No way they take another tackle that early. It'll be a guard dood!

Nightfyre 11-09-2013 07:53 PM

Who would have thought that after the mockers finally got their wet dream of us drafting a tackle, that we would still be subject to mock drafts giving us a tackle with our first round pick? Goddammit. Every ****ing year.

Bowser 11-09-2013 08:30 PM

We need help at wide receiver in the worst way, and if we're drafting in the 20's I think that drafting one should be seriously considered.

jd1020 11-09-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 10172722)
Who would have thought that after the mockers finally got their wet dream of us drafting a tackle, that we would still be subject to mock drafts giving us a tackle with our first round pick? Goddammit. Every ****ing year.

Maybe they realize that KC has a fetish with doing it ass backwards.