ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ***Official St. Louis Cardinals 2013 Postseason Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277016)

BigRedChief 10-04-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 10047153)
WOO HOO!

GO PIRATES!

:D

Are you a Pirates fan?

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-04-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 10047135)
I hope Hamas didn't kill anybody at the driving range. LMAO

Yeah, I called myself a **** under my breath a few times. However, unlike the professional athlete Lance Lynn, after making a few errors I was able to correct my approach and leave my pants without shit streaks.

BigMeatballDave 10-04-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10047170)
Are you a Pirates fan?

Just a lowly troll... :)

BigRedChief 10-04-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10047244)
Yeah, I called myself a **** under my breath a few times. However, unlike the professional athlete Lance Lynn, after making a few errors I was able to correct my approach and leave my pants without shit streaks.

Not that it really matters but Karma is a bitch sometimes and ya never know...............

Should I start another post season thread before the game on Sunday?

Frazod 10-04-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10047255)
Not that it really matters but Karma is a bitch sometimes and ya never know...............

I thought about that, but Lynderella had already died before he created this.

BigRedChief 10-04-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 10047249)
Just a lowly troll... :)

Most posters that come in here to just take a shit usually get neg repped back to the stone age by the Card fans. But, I'll let you slide since you have been around since 2000. You are now an honorary Cardinals fan and must root for the team during the rest of the playoffs.;)

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-04-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10047255)

You are the one who constantly flouts Karma, not me :cuss::cuss:

BigRedChief 10-04-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10047321)
You are the one who constantly flouts Karma, not me :cuss::cuss:

i don't even play golf.:harumph:

Miles 10-05-2013 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 10046429)
Oh, and my annual obligatory **** YOU to MLB for putting these games on during a work day. ****ing one who sucks the peniss. 4321

Yeah that is very irritating but it seems worse this year. Just realized that games 4 and 5 are also starting at 4:00 central. That makes no night games at all during the first round.

Miles 10-05-2013 01:52 AM

Checked news this morning and wondered WTF on Shelby getting moved to the pen.

Lynn has a nice home split with a 2.82 ERA and other good indicators so if you are going to start him might make sense to do it now. Kelly does have an oddly nice road split. I then check Shelby's home split thinking maybe it would at least suggest some reason but no he is lights out at home over an entire ****ing season.

whoman69 10-05-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 10048007)
Checked news this morning and wondered WTF on Shelby getting moved to the pen.

Lynn has a nice home split with a 2.82 ERA and other good indicators so if you are going to start him might make sense to do it now. Kelly does have an oddly nice road split. I then check Shelby's home split thinking maybe it would at least suggest some reason but no he is lights out at home over an entire ****ing season.

I would have rather seen Miller take the start at home. Lynn is used to the pen. However you do need more than 3 hits to win. Who knows that if it were a close game that Cole might have faltered being matched zero for zero.

BigRedChief 10-05-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 10048159)
I would have rather seen Miller take the start at home. Lynn is used to the pen. However you do need more than 3 hits to win. Who knows that if it were a close game that Cole might have faltered being matched zero for zero.

This game is more than simple stats. Everyone thats ever watched the Cardinals play knows Lynn could piss down his leg if things don't go his way. Okay, so you ignore that and pitch him based on his stats over the last 4 games. I could see that decision based on pure stats.

But, after he gets 3 runs on him, has pissed down his leg and has to bat the next inning........to leave him in, during the playoffs. That was managerial malpractice.

whoman69 10-05-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10048470)
This game is more than simple stats. Everyone thats ever watched the Cardinals play knows Lynn could piss down his leg if things don't go his way. Okay, so you ignore that and pitch him based on his stats over the last 4 games. I could see that decision based on pure stats.

But, after he gets 3 runs on him, has pissed down his leg and has to bat the next inning........to leave him in, during the playoffs. That was managerial malpractice.

I think this was a case of Matheny not wanting to hand the ball to a rookie despite the fact that it was rookies that put this club in the playoffs. I can't explain Lynn getting the start any other way except perhaps as a hunch.

BigRedChief 10-05-2013 07:16 PM

I knew Jay was sub par CF but didn't know it was this bad...........

Bernie Miklasz ‏@miklasz 1h
Games like this remind me that Jon Jay was a minus 10 in defensive runs saved, ranked 32nd among CFs, that via @billjamesonline

I like this pitching lineup tomorrow

Kelly 1-5
Kelly or Maness/Stafford/Choate match ups 6th
Martinez 7th
Siegriest 8th
Rosenthal 9th

This looks to be a game decided by who can score 2 runs

whoman69 10-05-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10049674)
I knew Jay was sub par CF but didn't know it was this bad...........

Bernie Miklasz ‏@miklasz 1h
Games like this remind me that Jon Jay was a minus 10 in defensive runs saved, ranked 32nd among CFs, that via @billjamesonline

I like this pitching lineup tomorrow

Kelly 1-5
Kelly or Maness/Stafford/Choate match ups 6th
Martinez 7th
Siegriest 8th
Rosenthal 9th

This looks to be a game decided by who can score 2 runs

I guess because of the 2011 WS I always thought he was a good fielder. If Tavares hadn't gotten hurt this year I think that management would have had to strongly think about moving the rookie up, especially when Jay was not hitting. He's up for arbitration next year and earned a bit more than $500k this year. You would have to think the Cardinals will look into letting him go after this season.