ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Fantasy/CasinoPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Fantasy Football Talk- 2017 (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=309366)

OmahaChief 09-01-2017 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13050481)
Got offered Jimmy Graham for Ezekiel Elliott. What does everyone think?

Hell no. If you only get 12 weeks out of The Ewok he would still out score Graham most likley.

Discuss Thrower 09-01-2017 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13047810)
Dude....you don't ever handcuff a Patriots RB. It's ****ing worthless. I tend to not ever draft one because you'll never know how they're going to be used from week to week.



Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 13050056)
I know all too well the effects alcohol can have on one's draft as that was me last year but no matter how drunk I am I will do everything I can to avoid the NE run game and I would NEVER have two of them.

My money draft is tomorrow night and my plan is to not start drinking until right before the draft starts,wish me luck.

I'm thizzing on Burkhead.

Discuss Thrower 09-01-2017 10:25 PM

Thoughts?

<a href="https://gyazo.com/b3e99d50d3bee3ba76d4c26cc74deeed"><img src="https://i.gyazo.com/b3e99d50d3bee3ba76d4c26cc74deeed.png" alt="https://gyazo.com/b3e99d50d3bee3ba76d4c26cc74deeed" width="261"/></a>

Bowser 09-03-2017 09:54 AM

Solid roster. Lacy might take Hyde's spot before it's all said and done.

Nzoner 09-03-2017 10:54 AM

Money draft last night 12 man league had the 12th pick,thoughts?

BTW,all owners have to carry 2 qb 4 rb 5 wr 2 te 2 k 2 def 2 coaches and we get 2 flex league is very qb and defense driven.

Mike Evans
Michael Thomas
Big Ben
Dalvin Cook
Ameer Abdullah
Jordan Reed
Pierre Garcon
Cardinals D(keeper)
Hunter Henry
S Gostowski
Jamaal Charles
Donte Moncrief
Torrey Smith
Danny Woodhead
Deshone Kizer
Pete Carroll
Chargers D
Chris Conley
Alex Smith
Bill O'brien
R Gould

Deberg_1990 09-03-2017 03:26 PM

Charcandrik West and Matt Jones both available in my 12 team league. Who should I pick up?

ChiefGator 09-04-2017 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 13055167)
Charcandrik West and Matt Jones both available in my 12 team league. Who should I pick up?

I would probably go with Matt Jones. If Gore goes down, he could be the bellcow. I don't think many scenarios exist where West becomes our bellcow... I think there would immediately be a RB committee.

At this point in your roster ( i.e., the bottom of it) I would be looking for upside.

ChiefGator 09-04-2017 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 13054473)
Money draft last night 12 man league had the 12th pick,thoughts?

BTW,all owners have to carry 2 qb 4 rb 5 wr 2 te 2 k 2 def 2 coaches and we get 2 flex league is very qb and defense driven.

Mike Evans
Michael Thomas
Big Ben
Dalvin Cook
Ameer Abdullah
Jordan Reed
Pierre Garcon
Cardinals D(keeper)
Hunter Henry
S Gostowski
Jamaal Charles
Donte Moncrief
Torrey Smith
Danny Woodhead
Deshone Kizer
Pete Carroll
Chargers D
Chris Conley
Alex Smith
Bill O'brien
R Gould

I wouldn't have kept the Cardinals at that price. Hard to believe the scoring would make that worth it..

I almost got a Reed/Henry TE combo in my last draft but decided on Reed/Eifert. I'm not sure how many you start, but having to carry 2 TE's makes the cost of Reed absolutely worth it.

Not crazy about Big Ben, but maybe your league drafts QB's super-early, like my main league does. (we start 2 QBs ) For a QB driven league, your backups are a bit weak there.

Evans and Thomas are both WR's that I am for some reason, am not that high on, but most people are.. so I think that is a nice start.

Abdullah is a bit weak as a #2 I think, although in general I like his value and ended up with him in a couple drafts

ChiefGator 09-04-2017 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 13051928)
Thoughts?

<a href="https://gyazo.com/b3e99d50d3bee3ba76d4c26cc74deeed"><img src="https://i.gyazo.com/b3e99d50d3bee3ba76d4c26cc74deeed.png" alt="https://gyazo.com/b3e99d50d3bee3ba76d4c26cc74deeed" width="261"/></a>

You are a Burkhead-head aren't you!

For a 12+ team non-PPR that looks pretty good.

ChiefGator 09-04-2017 04:33 AM

Here is my draft from my most interesting league with a bunch of old friends where I drafted eleventh. It is a 14-teamer, PPR, super-flex (i.e., you can start 2 QBs) league. Return yards also count for the returners, but I didn't really work that angle this year.

What if I told you that I took Luck in the 3rd round, and Alex Smith in the 5th round... you would think that my team must suck, no doubt. BUT, due to the format (and other league legacy reasons) QB's fly off the board. So, Luck was the 19th QB drafted and Smith the 26th QB. I tried to focus on other positions first, and was pretty ecstatic when Luck was there for me in the 3rd.

Also, 8 teams make the playoffs, so I think the league is mostly about building for a playoff run.. Luck should hopefully be playing as a top-five QB again by then.

Below is the team, with some of the rounds indicated:

QB: Luck (3rd round), Smith (5)
HB: Melvin Gordon (2), Todd Gurley (4), Abdullah (6), Kamara
WR: Jordy Nelson (1), Sammy Watkins (8), Sanders (9), Diggs (10), Taylor Gabriel
TE: Rudolph (7)
K: Hopkins
DEF: Buffalo

I dropped Kamara to pick up Jacoby Brisset, which makes me a bit thin at RB, but hopefully Luck starts soon and I can change that up then. Short bench hurts a bit.

Deberg_1990 09-04-2017 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefGator (Post 13056219)
I would probably go with Matt Jones. If Gore goes down, he could be the bellcow. I don't think many scenarios exist where West becomes our bellcow... I think there would immediately be a RB committee.

At this point in your roster ( i.e., the bottom of it) I would be looking for upside.

Cool. Thanks!

Nzoner 09-04-2017 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefGator (Post 13056220)
I wouldn't have kept the Cardinals at that price. Hard to believe the scoring would make that worth it..


We had a guy keep Denver D with his 4th pick but say your D snags an INT at
their own 43 and runs back for a TD,you get 3 for int,4.3 for yardage and 6 for the score making it a 13.3 play.

They also get bonus points if they allow 20 or fewer points in the game with the big one being 15pts for a shutout and 10pts for holding opponent to 10 or less.

Nzoner 09-04-2017 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefGator (Post 13056222)
Here is my draft from my most interesting league with a bunch of old friends where I drafted eleventh. It is a 14-teamer, PPR, super-flex (i.e., you can start 2 QBs) league. Return yards also count for the returners, but I didn't really work that angle this year.

What if I told you that I took Luck in the 3rd round, and Alex Smith in the 5th round... you would think that my team must suck, no doubt. BUT, due to the format (and other league legacy reasons) QB's fly off the board. So, Luck was the 19th QB drafted and Smith the 26th QB. I tried to focus on other positions first, and was pretty ecstatic when Luck was there for me in the 3rd.

Also, 8 teams make the playoffs, so I think the league is mostly about building for a playoff run.. Luck should hopefully be playing as a top-five QB again by then.

Below is the team, with some of the rounds indicated:

QB: Luck (3rd round), Smith (5)
HB: Melvin Gordon (2), Todd Gurley (4), Abdullah (6), Kamara
WR: Jordy Nelson (1), Sammy Watkins (8), Sanders (9), Diggs (10), Taylor Gabriel
TE: Rudolph (7)
K: Hopkins
DEF: Buffalo

I dropped Kamara to pick up Jacoby Brisset, which makes me a bit thin at RB, but hopefully Luck starts soon and I can change that up then. Short bench hurts a bit.

I don't know your scoring but only having 1 QB to start week 1 and possibly more seems like a disaster in a league where you can start 2 qb's.

Discuss Thrower 09-04-2017 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefGator (Post 13056221)
You are a Burkhead-head aren't you!

For a 12+ team non-PPR that looks pretty good.

I hate the Patriots but **** me do I have this notion that Rex is gonna be an RB version of Edelman.

lewdog 09-04-2017 06:13 PM

12 team league. A few questions. Start Hunt first week at RB? Who do I put in the Flex spot with Snead suspended?


QB Wilson
WR Nelson
WR Alshon Jeffrey
RB Ajayi
RB Hunt?????
TE Rudolph
W/R FLEX- ????

Bench
RB Abdullah
RB Rawls
WR T Williams (SD)
WR Kenny Britt
QB Wentz
TE- Julius Thomas
WR Snead- 3 game suspension


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.