ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games XBox 360 General Discussion thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150892)

ZootedGranny 11-15-2006 04:17 AM

Quote:

Halo 3 Public Beta!?

Perhaps the biggest bomb that was dropped today, the MOAB of press announcements, was the indication of a public beta for Halo 3 coming next Spring. What exactly does this mean? Well, again we can’t really get into the details quite yet (notice a theme here?) but we can confirm that our fans will have an opportunity to play Halo 3 multiplayer over Xbox Live BEFORE the final game is available. You’ll be playing a little multiplayer and simultaneously providing us with some valuable data to help our development team. We’re still working out the details on timing and scope and there will be a lot more info coming in the weeks ahead. We can confirm that you will absolutely be required to have an Xbox 360. Probably not a huge surprise.
http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?cid=9182

****ING SWEET

Archie Bunker 11-15-2006 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZootedGranny

That is awesome :clap:

DrNick 11-15-2006 11:41 PM

Superman Returns demo is on the marketplace tonight...it's not terribly impressive, but is fun to mess around with. Nothing next gen, however.

However, I can't argue that is a ton of fun to pick a car up and hurl it into oblivion...or people, whichever is nearer. :D

ragedogg69 11-16-2006 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrNick
Nothing next gen, however.

this is my biggest problem so far with this generation. superman returns is basically the same game regardless of which version you buy. the 360 is simply a port of the others. so you pay $60 for SR, when you can get the same experience for the ps2 for $40. /rant

htismaqe 11-16-2006 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69
this is my biggest problem so far with this generation. superman returns is basically the same game regardless of which version you buy. the 360 is simply a port of the others. so you pay $60 for SR, when you can get the same experience for the ps2 for $40. /rant

NCAA 2007 is definitely NOT a port of the XBox version.

It really depends on what game you're playing.

And it's not gonna be any different on the PS3. It usually takes about a year for developers to really start tapping the potential of the box.

Ultra Peanut 11-16-2006 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrNick
Superman Returns demo is on the marketplace tonight...it's not terribly impressive, but is fun to mess around with. Nothing next gen, however.

However, I can't argue that is a ton of fun to pick a car up and hurl it into oblivion...or people, whichever is nearer. :D

Yeah, it's pretty neat. Flying while initiating super speed is really cool.

The experience was helped by my realization that Superman is a dick, so I couldn't help but make dickish comments as I rescued/froze/****ed around with people and things..

ragedogg69 11-16-2006 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
NCAA 2007 is definitely NOT a port of the XBox version.

It really depends on what game you're playing.

And it's not gonna be any different on the PS3. It usually takes about a year for developers to really start tapping the potential of the box.

i never said it was. SR is a port. many other games are ports, and it sucks that this next generation wont really be that until the old generation dies off.

and you can make the case that ncaa was a port from madden 360 and in some ways that hurt the game. but thats another rant. :D

Ultra Peanut 11-16-2006 10:22 PM

Quote:

i never said it was. SR is a port. many other games are ports, and it sucks that this next generation wont really be that until the old generation dies off.
The release of the PS3 and Wii will most likely hasten the end of the generation that us 360 owners have already buried.

htismaqe 11-17-2006 10:06 AM

Quote:

and you can make the case that ncaa was a port from madden 360 and in some ways that hurt the game. but thats another rant. :D

NCAA 2007 and Madden 2007 for the 360 have completely different game engines. The physics simulation engines aren't even closely related, let alone "ported".

htismaqe 11-17-2006 10:08 AM

Quote:

You said that "porting" was your biggest problem so far with "this generation".

This generation is the XBox 360.

In reality, your problem is with a SINGLE GAME - Superman Returns.

icepick64 11-17-2006 10:14 AM

Haven't downloaded it yet, but I read the rainbow six vegas multiplayer demo is out on xbox live now. Another game I am looking foward too.

ragedogg69 11-17-2006 07:40 PM

ncaa was built off the madden 360 engine. it was completely tweaked for the ncaa style but still contained some of maddens shot comings.

fine, replace SR with [insert any game that went across all platforms and cost $20 more on 360 with no basic difference.]

htismaqe 11-19-2006 12:28 PM

Quote:

ncaa was built off the madden 360 engine. it was completely tweaked for the ncaa style but still contained some of maddens shot comings.

fine, replace SR with [insert any game that went across all platforms and cost $20 more on 360 with no basic difference.]

Are you saying NCAA's game engine is last year's Madden? That I could buy, but it's not even close to this year's Madden. From what I've seen this year's Madden is not last year's Madden.

And yes, cross-platform games are often ports. It was like that with the XBox and PS2, why would you expect it to be any different with the XBox 360?

FWIW, the PS3 will have the same exact issue.

KevB 11-24-2006 09:43 AM

So I went to MicroCenter today and picked up an XBOX 360 ($100 rebate). I already have a fairly nice PC that will run all the latest games, but getting a 360 with Gears of War, COD3, and Halo3 down the road.....I couldn't resist. Now I have a bit of buyers remorse, and I'm trying to talk myself into keeping it. Heck, I have to spend another $220 just to get one game, the wireless network connection and Gold Live.

I have a 7 and 5 year old, so I'm trying to rationalize it also by saying they can use it also (just a few kid games so far). The thing that makes me think "keep it", is it's ability to serve as a media center for my plasma. I have pics and video burned on my pc, and this should allow me to view on the TV hooked up to the XBOX, correct?

GoTrav 11-24-2006 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB
So I went to MicroCenter today and picked up an XBOX 360 ($100 rebate). I already have a fairly nice PC that will run all the latest games, but getting a 360 with Gears of War, COD3, and Halo3 down the road.....I couldn't resist. Now I have a bit of buyers remorse, and I'm trying to talk myself into keeping it. Heck, I have to spend another $220 just to get one game, the wireless network connection and Gold Live.

I have a 7 and 5 year old, so I'm trying to rationalize it also by saying they can use it also (just a few kid games so far). The thing that makes me think "keep it", is it's ability to serve as a media center for my plasma. I have pics and video burned on my pc, and this should allow me to view on the TV hooked up to the XBOX, correct?

yep, you can share video, pictures and music from your PC with Media Connect. The 360 has replaced my new DVD player which I bought after the 360. I didn't realize how good of a media center the 360 really was.