ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life What awesome gifts did you give for Christmas this year? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=239023)

Phobia 12-26-2010 01:49 AM

What awesome gifts did you give for Christmas this year?

My mom is a kitchen fiend. Gave her some warming/service trays and other kitchen gadgets. My wife has turned into a fitness fanatic this year so I got her lots of new clothes, some for working out in but most because she's dropped from a "6" to a "4". Also got her a TRX and an iPod which should be enjoyable while she works out. Got my daughter typical stuff kids want - an MP3 player, some educational items, and some matching penguin PJ's to wear along with her mother's penguin PJ's.

Sent a new bike and some basketballs up to the local PTA so they could distribute to local families in need. Bought some things for the family of a gal who works for me. She's a single mother of 5 and I know what she makes part-time and I know it's not enough to raise her family.

Edit: Don't want credit, rep or anything else but I did think this thread was missing at the Planet. We always talk about the crap we got. I'm just as selfish as the next guy but I have a lot of fun giving stuff as well.

big nasty kcnut 12-26-2010 02:26 AM

Gave my step mom a new dvd vcr player and got my dad a navy jewelry box. Also gave a gift card to a guy on phog net.

Pushead2 12-26-2010 02:49 AM

Got my pops tickets to see his beloved Canadiens at the Bell Centre. It's going to be a blast!

kstater 12-26-2010 06:33 AM

Herpes

mlyonsd 12-26-2010 07:15 AM

Daughter the Kitchen Aid stand mixer she's always wanted.
Son a Droid with internet.
Wife some stuff from Victoria Secret and some kitchen odds and ends.
Mom and dad 12 months of Netflix.
Dad a framed picture of him and my son with the dog holding up a bunch of ducks we shot on a very good day of hunting this fall.
Me, I got a 5 piece Porter Cable 18 volt tool package and my wife coming to bed in what I bought her from Victoria Secret.

JOhn 12-26-2010 07:21 AM

I left everyone alone & slept all day then back to work

Bob Dole 12-26-2010 07:23 AM

Phobia made Bob Dole's wife fat so Bob Dole bought her 7 new pair of sweat pants. Bought a sweet Crate V50 for a friend who helps Bob Dole out around the house (projects, dog sitting, etc.), bought 3 or 4 random drive thru meals for people who were next in line, and tipped 2 of Bob Dole's favorite bartenders $100 each on a < $6 dollar tab. Also gave away some used stuff rather than selling it.

MOhillbilly 12-26-2010 07:23 AM

i let her live.

Bugeater 12-26-2010 07:40 AM

I didn't give anywhere near as much as I should have.

Phobia 12-26-2010 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 7288377)
Phobia made Bob Dole's wife fat so Bob Dole bought her 7 new pair of sweat pants. Bought a sweet Crate V50 for a friend who helps Bob Dole out around the house (projects, dog sitting, etc.), bought 3 or 4 random drive thru meals for people who were next in line, and tipped 2 of Bob Dole's favorite bartenders $100 each on a < $6 dollar tab. Also gave away some used stuff rather than selling it.

I was impressed until I realized you didn't have to buy for a wife or kids. I'm sure your bartenders appreciated it. That's very cool and I'll bet they put it to good use for their own Christmases.

Phobia 12-26-2010 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 7288384)
I didn't give anywhere near as much as I should have.

Your wife mentioned that too but she said she's used to it unless you're out of town.

Bugeater 12-26-2010 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 7288387)
Your wife mentioned that too but she said she's used to it unless you're out of town.

Wait...what?

Dunit35 12-26-2010 08:17 AM

I gave my fiance an Itouch, convection oven, my wiener, some dvds. Gave my father some dvd's and a Super Bowl KC dvd and gave my brother a sixer of Blue Moon, hogarrden, and Shock Top.

boogblaster 12-26-2010 08:19 AM

i gave a hitch-hiker a scare .....

Gracie Dean 12-26-2010 09:48 AM

Gave my hubby Kid Rock tickets for his B-day the 23rd and then Gave him some sort of Interface that works with his Ham Radio and the Computer...and he got a big bottle of Polo

I got a "netbook" and a diamond bracelet :)

We gave our daughter lots of stuff for the apartment and a Printer and then of course the new Call to Duty game with controllers

She gave her daddy WII monopoly it is awesome