ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Bowes says we're going Deep /gonna blow up the scoreboard (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272321)

BossChief 04-21-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9609825)
Sadly, Boss, this post is spot on.

I know.

keg in kc 04-21-2013 02:07 PM

Alex Smith is perhaps slightly better than Cassel, but a distant blur in Trent Green's rear view mirror.

BigMeatballDave 04-21-2013 02:07 PM

Pitney Bowes?

The Iron Chief 04-21-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9609157)
We've never heard this before.

As we all know your correct, the below quote is just one of the many we kept hearing from Last yr...

"I wasn't out at today's KC Chiefs training camp practice against the Arizona Cardinals so I followed along like everyone else -- on NFL Network and Twitter.

One of the major themes of Chiefs training camp continued today with lots and lots of Jon Baldwin talk. On the days I've been up in St. Joe, Baldwin has looked sharp. When I'm not out there he seems to deliver one of those memorable catches, like the one-handed grab in OTAs, which I missed.

Today seemed no different as a lot of people were gushing about Baldwin, including one catch in particular (so of course I missed it)."

---

So as we all know in regular season he pulled a no show..

15 games
20 receptions - 6 games 0 receptions - 4 games 1 reception
325 yrds - 64 of those in week 16. - 62 in week 2
1 TD

I'd give him that this yr theres new coaches a new QB maybe a new Team culture...and yet I keep thinking he will go the route of Sylvester Morris for us.
I'm more than hoping I'm proven wrong.

Setsuna 04-21-2013 02:25 PM

ROFL Marcellus is back to his old self. He's now redefending the Chiefs with no shread of intelligence. It'll take another 2-14 year to come to his senses.

BigMeatballDave 04-21-2013 02:57 PM

Green's numbers before becoming a Chief were no better than Smith's last 2 season.

Simply Red 04-21-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9609137)

Chiefs | Dwayne Bowe likes new offense
Sat, 20 Apr 2013 09:58:30 -0700

Kansas City Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe said he likes the offense that head coach Andy Reid has brought to the team. "Throwing the ball deep, that's something we haven't done in the past so I'm excited right now. The play calling is totally different from last year. It's not check downs or putting it in the running back's hands. This guy likes to go down the field, take the top off (the defense) and that's something we haven't done in the past, put up a lot of points. This season he said we're going to blow out the scoreboard and that's something I'm looking forward to," Bowe said.

Share: | Source: The Kansas City Star - Adam Teicher

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chiefs | Not committed to trading Branden Albert
Sat, 20 Apr 2013 09:12:32 -0700

Kansas City Chiefs general manager John Dorsey said the team is not committed to trading OT Branden Albert even though they have allowed his agent to talk with the Miami Dolphins. "Branden Albert is a good football player," Dorsey said. "We wouldn't have stuck the franchise tag on him if he wasn't. It's my job to explore all options and that's kind of what's going on."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chiefs | Open to trading top pick
Sat, 20 Apr 2013 09:08:27 -0700

Kansas City Chiefs general manager John Dorsey said the team is willing to listen to offers for the first overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft.

Chiefs | Still considering several prospects
Sat, 20 Apr 2013 09:07:55 -0700

Kansas City Chiefs general manager John Dorsey said the team is still considering four players as options for the first overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft.

Yeah - Ok ROFL

RunKC 04-21-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9609942)
Now it's THE LAST DECADE?

Alex Smith is in no way better than Trent Green.

It's questionable whether he's better than Cassel. We're about to find out.

You're an idiot

cdcox 04-21-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9610770)
Green's numbers before becoming a Chief were no better than Smith's last 2 season.

Trent Green had 750 attempts prior to coming to KC. Alex Smith has over 2100. Trent Green wasn't a dink and dunk QB. Alex Smith is. It is what it is.

KCDC 04-21-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9609481)
Forget the stats, there's only one area where Smith = Cassel matters.

Neither are good enough QB's to win a championship with unless you build a 1985 Bears/2000 Ravens defense and everything else falls perfectly.

Every year he's the starter is a waste, except for the folks that are content with 8 wins every year. Playing Smith isn't building towards anything, it's spinning your wheels.

Or as someone posted on Twitter, trading for Alex Smith is like stopping at $8,000 on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - the money is nice, but it's not life-changing.

Well put. Rep. That is what people seem to miss. Whether he is better than Cassel or not, he's not taking us to the Promised Land. We need to find someone with a high enough ceiling to take us there. Smith is a high floor/low ceiling safe bet to waste a season being mediocre, but avoiding looking terrible.

Management is content to waste a year or two to show they improved on 2-14, when they should not care about getting back to 8-8. They should build a team designed to go 13-3 (but is more risky and might bust).

Mother****erJones 04-21-2013 03:19 PM

:facepalm:

Valiant 04-21-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9609276)
I want to know how all of Chiefs Planet magically watched all San Fransisco 49er games the last 2 years, heh.

I have watched the majority of every teams games the last few years. It is more fun then watching those cassel filled games. So I wouldn't be surprised if others have either.

Tribal Warfare 04-21-2013 03:21 PM

http://static4.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/...ea5b5d87a9.gif

DaFace 04-21-2013 03:22 PM

Without reading the thread, I'm going to assume the general theme is something along the lines of "OMG BOWE IS SUCH AN IDIOT. DOESN'T HE KNOW ALEX SMITH SUCKS WORSE THAN CASSEL? WHAT A DOUCHE!"

milkman 04-21-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9609951)
YPA is not a useless metric.

No more than YPC is a useless metric for running backs.

Any and all stats are useless in and of themselves.

His YPA was better than Aaron Rodgers.

Would you argue that makes him better than Rodgers?