ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV New Star Wars TV & Film Repository (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314310)

DaneMcCloud 05-06-2021 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 15664247)
So, I watched the first 30 mins with my son, never had watched the Clone Wars, and seeing this play out from their perspective was immensely enjoyable. Dare I say this might be the best "Star Wars" thing I have seen since Episode 7.

Episode 7??

Have you missed Star Wars: Rebels, Season 7 of The Clone Wars, Rogue One and two seasons of The Mandalorian?

All of those titles, including The Bad Batch premiere, are far better than Episode 7.

Bowser 05-06-2021 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15664757)
Episode 7??

Have you missed Star Wars: Rebels, Season 7 of The Clone Wars, Rogue One and two seasons of The Mandalorian?

All of those titles, including The Bad Batch premiere, are far better than Episode 7.

He's right you know meme

The season finale of Mandalorian Season 2 could be argued to being the best thing Star Wars has ever done.

BigBeauford 05-07-2021 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15664757)
Episode 7??

Haven't watched rebels, or clone wars.

Didn't love Rogue One (it was fine but forgettable for me).

Mandalorian is good, but it has traversed far too much in the "Mando shows up to some random planet, runs into someone they know, they get out of a jam, and you get 3 mins of plot advancement at the end" trope for me to place it into my upper tier.

I'm just a sucker for the "what was happening to these people during X event" kind of stories. Always entertaining when well done.

DaneMcCloud 05-07-2021 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 15665118)
I'm just a sucker for the "what was happening to these people during X event" kind of stories. Always entertaining when well done.

If so, then you need to watch all 7 seasons of The Clone Wars and all four seasons of Star Wars Rebels.

Not only does the Clone Wars series completely kick ass, we see Anakin and Obi Wan's brotherly type of relationship up close and personal, as well as a deep dive into the Clone Wars, the clones themselves and the return of Darth Maul, while learning a bit more about The Force itself.

We also get to know Anakin's Padawan, Ahsoka Tano, and her role in the entire saga. I can't imagine watching Episode 5 of The Mandalorian Season 2 and not understanding why Ahsoka's presence was so incredible and such an integral part of the overall Star Wars story. Her upcoming series will be very important to the overall story and she's a fan favorite (and personally one of my All Time favorite SW characters).

Star Wars Rebels is also integral to the overall story, as characters from The Clone Wars series make appearances, followed by appearances in Rogue One. The first season is a little more "kid friendly" than the subsequent three seasons but it definitely gets much darker in Season 2, which carries forward into the fourth season and its two-part finale (which is also integral to The Mandalorian).

Both animated series are Canon and IMO, required viewing, especially with "Andor", the Rogue One Prequel series set to release in 2022 along with the Ahsoka series. It won't be the least bit surprising when the Obi Wan series ties back into all of these other properties as well because finally, Star Wars is an interconnected universe and to understand what's fully going on, you'll need to see both animated series (and from the looks of it and they way they're tying in Omega to the cloners in The Mandalorian, The Bad Batch is going to be integral, too).

BigBeauford 05-07-2021 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15665389)
If so, then you need to watch all 7 seasons of The Clone Wars and all four seasons of Star Wars Rebels.

Not only does the Clone Wars series completely kick ass, we see Anakin and Obi Wan's brotherly type of relationship up close and personal, as well as a deep dive into the Clone Wars, the clones themselves and the return of Darth Maul, while learning a bit more about The Force itself.

We also get to know Anakin's Padawan, Ahsoka Tano, and her role in the entire saga. I can't imagine watching Episode 5 of The Mandalorian Season 2 and not understanding why Ahsoka's presence was so incredible and such an integral part of the overall Star Wars story. Her upcoming series will be very important to the overall story and she's a fan favorite (and personally one of my All Time favorite SW characters).

Star Wars Rebels is also integral to the overall story, as characters from The Clone Wars series make appearances, followed by appearances in Rogue One. The first season is a little more "kid friendly" than the subsequent three seasons but it definitely gets much darker in Season 2, which carries forward into the fourth season and its two-part finale (which is also integral to The Mandalorian).

Both animated series are Canon and IMO, required viewing, especially with "Andor", the Rogue One Prequel series set to release in 2022 along with the Ahsoka series. It won't be the least bit surprising when the Obi Wan series ties back into all of these other properties as well because finally, Star Wars is an interconnected universe and to understand what's fully going on, you'll need to see both animated series (and from the looks of it and they way they're tying in Omega to the cloners in The Mandalorian, The Bad Batch is going to be integral, too).

Hell yeah dude. My 3 year old boy is loving Bad Batch, so I anm down for more of this content. Appreciate the summary. Between watching Adventure Time with my daughter and now this, it's not so bad being subjected to watching these shows with my kids.

Tribal Warfare 05-20-2021 10:03 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/StarWars?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#StarWars</a>: RANGERS OF THE NEW REPUBLIC is reportedly no longer in active development at Lucasfilm... Details: <a href="https://t.co/vtZwJYxHOi">https://t.co/vtZwJYxHOi</a> <a href="https://t.co/v6AVDPJIUM">pic.twitter.com/v6AVDPJIUM</a></p>&mdash; Star Wars - The Direct (@StarWars_Direct) <a href="https://twitter.com/StarWars_Direct/status/1395587918442471424?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 21, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Buehler445 05-20-2021 11:16 PM

:(

Could have been something. ****ing cancel culture.

DaneMcCloud 05-21-2021 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15681781)
:(

Could have been something. ****ing cancel culture.

Dude, her firing had absolutely nothing to do with "Cancel Culture" or Twitter or anything related to Social Media.

Her firing was akin to Mel Gibson's disappearance in Hollywood after making Anti-Semitic remarks caught on tape.

Studio heads and talent agents tolerate all kinds of nonsense, from drugs to alcohol to property destruction and sexual harassments to people just being miserable assholes.

But the one thing you cannot do in Hollywood is equate anything to the Holocaust or the suffering of Jewish people. Bob Iger is Jewish, as is Jeremy Zimmer. They're not going to tolerate that for one second, which is why she was ultimately fired.

I can understand why people outside of Hollywood can't wrap their heads around that concept but everyone in town with half a brain knows better than to insult the Jewish community in any way, shape or form without serious repercussions to their career. It's the highest form of disrespect in this business and flat out dumb to even broach that line.

------
That said, I'm kind of happy this is no longer in development. The Mandalorian is at a crossroads in its storytelling and no one knows what The Book of Boba Fett holds. We just saw Luke in The Mando, the Rogue One Prequel and Obi Wan will launch in 2022 with new movies by Kevin Feige, Taika Waititti and Patty Jenkins, not to mention more series in development (Ahsoka, The High Republic and so on).

I don't want Star Wars just for the sake of Star Wars. It's already a bit too watered down as is, IMO.

Buehler445 05-21-2021 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15682065)
Dude, her firing had absolutely nothing to do with "Cancel Culture" or Twitter or anything related to Social Media.

Her firing was akin to Mel Gibson's disappearance in Hollywood after making Anti-Semitic remarks caught on tape.

Studio heads and talent agents tolerate all kinds of nonsense, from drugs to alcohol to property destruction and sexual harassments to people just being miserable assholes.

But the one thing you cannot do in Hollywood is equate anything to the Holocaust or the suffering of Jewish people. Bob Iger is Jewish, as is Jeremy Zimmer. They're not going to tolerate that for one second, which is why she was ultimately fired.

I can understand why people outside of Hollywood can't wrap their heads around that concept but everyone in town with half a brain knows better than to insult the Jewish community in any way, shape or form without serious repercussions to their career. It's the highest form of disrespect in this business and flat out dumb to even broach that line.

------
That said, I'm kind of happy this is no longer in development. The Mandalorian is at a crossroads in its storytelling and no one knows what The Book of Boba Fett holds. We just saw Luke in The Mando, the Rogue One Prequel and Obi Wan will launch in 2022 with new movies by Kevin Feige, Taika Waititti and Patty Jenkins, not to mention more series in development (Ahsoka, The High Republic and so on).

I don't want Star Wars just for the sake of Star Wars. It's already a bit too watered down as is, IMO.

Fair point.

keg in kc 05-21-2021 12:14 PM

I think I read a day or two ago that Filoni is now head creative director for Lucasfilm

Bowser 05-21-2021 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 15682245)
I think I read a day or two ago that Filoni is now head creative director for Lucasfilm

As he should be, really

DaneMcCloud 05-21-2021 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 15682245)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 15682403)
As he should be, really

He was promoted early last summer to Executive Creative Director but for some reason, the "news" just got out to the public in the past couple of days.

DaneMcCloud 05-21-2021 02:42 PM

My concern with all of these new Star Wars TV series is that they're trying too hard to compete with Marvel in terms of volume and I'm just not sure there are many stories left to tell.

I watched the sequel trilogy this week while on the treadmill and while I don't absolutely love it, it makes more sense now with The Mandalorian, Bad Batch and the Marvel Darth Vader comics. The story behind Palpatine's clones is shaping up on The Bad Batch and The Mando while the comics have already shown Palpatine's contingency plan, with the Sith beginning to create the Final Order Fleet just shortly after he declared himself Emperor.

It just feels to me that if they're going to move forward with Star Wars, the next movies and TV series should be set in a completely different era, whether that's the past or the future. To me, it's just getting to the point where I don't need absolutely everything filled in and explained anymore. We know how the Empire began and ended, we know how the First Order began and ended, and we the know the fate of Han, Luke, Leia, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Padme and Palpatine.

How much more do we need to know? What interesting stories are left to tell at this point? It just feels to me as if it's time to move on to another era.

eDave 05-27-2021 08:27 AM

J.J. Abrams acknowledges it probably would have been better if they had approached the Star Wars sequel trilogy with a plan.

https://collider.com/jj-abrams-star-...plan-comments/

Bowser 05-27-2021 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 15688069)
J.J. Abrams acknowledges it probably would have been better if they had approached the Star Wars sequel trilogy with a plan.

https://collider.com/jj-abrams-star-...plan-comments/

Quote:

Abrams – co-writing the script with Lawrence Kasdan after Michael Arndt wrote the initial drafts – pulled it off, not only providing a satisfying conclusion to Han Solo’s arc, but also making the world fall in love with Rey, Finn, Poe, BB-8, etc.
https://media1.tenor.com/images/ddd4...temid=11156171

And in all honesty, it was Kathleen Kennedy's vision and insistence that ruined the Disney trilogy. It was a monetary win and Disney made money on it, sure, but there's just no getting around what KK was doing with the Star Wars universe.