ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****Official 2013-14 Missouri Tiger Football Repository Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271290)

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-18-2013 11:56 PM

****Official 2013-14 Missouri Tiger Football Repository Thread****

We have two things to look forward to this year:

1) The potential beginning of the Maty Mauk Era. Mauk represents the best chance for this program to get back to a level of respectability after horrendous QB play cost us multiple games last year.

2) The last year of the Gary Pinkel era. Pinkel's entrenched cronyism won't play in a conference this competitive, especially if he couples his abysmal gameday coaching with lackadaisical, worst-in-conference recruiting. Pinkel was the formerly adequate meal that has now turned into a four pound bowel obstruction. It's time to jam a Fleet's enema up our collective asses.

Here is the schedule. We dodge Alabama, LSU, and Arkansas in the west and the Non-con is decidedly weaker than years past.

8/31: Murray State
9/7: Toledo
9/21: @ Indiana
9/28: Arkansas State
10/5:@ Vanderbilt
10/12: @ Georgia
10/19:Florida
10/26: South Carolina
11/2:Tennessee
11/9: @ Kentucky
11/23: @ Ole Miss
11/30: aTm

Looks like 6-6. Undefeated in non-con, 2-6 in league play.

I will eventually update the OP with a list of high profile in-state recruits that decide to go elsewhere after a half-assed attempt to gain their services. The inevitable cavalcade of *** rejects, skeezers, skanks, and scalliwags we get will fill out the ranks.

Razors, cyanide capsules, and Jonestown Kool-Aid are available in the break room. Second door on the left.

Since every Mizzou thread eventually dies of AIDS, I recommend starting anti-retroviral therapy immediately. I believe Walgreens covers Express Scripts.

Premium In-State Players:

Roderick Johnson: **** OT, Florissant, MO.
Monte Harrison: **** WR, Lee's Summit, MO.
Jimmy Swain: **** LB, Lee's Summit, MO

Commitment List: From :facepalm: to :hmmm: and possibly PBJ

Spoiler!

KurtCobain 03-19-2013 12:11 AM

I'll go ahead and request a razor.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-19-2013 12:13 AM

Let's speed up the process, I'll give you a rAIDSor

KurtCobain 03-19-2013 12:16 AM

I probably do deserve a painful contraction of aids for my continued support of shit sports teams.

Mizzou_8541 03-19-2013 06:00 AM

Hamas - you can put your first recruiting failure in the OP. Rivals 100 OL Andy Bauer from St. Louis committed to Ole Miss.

CoMoChief 03-19-2013 06:35 AM

Another hilarious selection on non-conf opponents.

OmahaChief 03-19-2013 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 9512989)
Hamas - you can put your first recruiting failure in the OP. Rivals 100 OL Andy Bauer from St. Louis committed to Ole Miss.

This is a huge fail. A position of need, chance to start right away and yet he flees to Ole Miss? Pinkel is a lame duck coach it seems and I would not doubt coach will use this as a recruiting tatic against him.

CoMoChief 03-19-2013 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 9512989)

Pinkel's been having trouble getting the high profile in-state kids. That's a must if he's wanting to compete in the SEC. MO isn't a HS recruiting hot bed by any means so you gotta get what you can...and he's been unable to do that. I mean he was able to get DGB and a couple others...but there's a lot of STL talent that he's been unable to snatch up.

DeezNutz 03-19-2013 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief (Post 9513012)
This is a huge fail. A position of need, chance to start right away and yet he flees to Ole Miss? Pinkel is a lame duck coach it seems and I would not doubt coach will use this as a recruiting tatic against him.

Absolutely. The negative recruiting going on against Pinkel and company has to be impressive to say the least.

For the '14 class, Rivals lists one top-100 player in the state of MO, and Mizzou cannot lock him up? Shameful.

Gary, you built something. Got the program on its feet. But now you need to get the **** out before you reduce it to the rubble it was before you arrived.

Prison Bitch 03-19-2013 08:26 AM

I cannot believe the MU fans, partic the big money alums, are going to tolerate that garbage non-con slate at home. Surely Alden will have hell to pay for that total nonsense.

BourbonMan 03-19-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9513019)
Absolutely. The negative recruiting going on against Pinkel and company has to be impressive to say the least.

For the '14 class, Rivals lists one top-100 player in the state of MO, and Mizzou cannot lock him up? Shameful.

Gary, you built something. Got the program on its feet. But now you need to get the **** out before you reduce it to the rubble it was before you arrived.

I agree, but also disagree. Until we start winning games consistently and start being more competitive, we will not get the highly rated recruits.

patteeu 03-19-2013 08:58 AM

That seems like a really favorable schedule. I sure hope Mauk is enough of a spark plug to energize this team.

duncan_idaho 03-19-2013 09:00 AM

Bauer is a weird case. I know a guy who's close to the family, and apparently he's a gigantic mama's boy.

From that perspective, I guess choosing Ole Miss over Bama or LSU makes sense. Much easier to get from West County to Oxford.

Otherwise, it makes little sense to me, considering the offers this kid had. I know that Pinkel's job security has been a consideration for Bauer in the past.

It's hard to imagine them pulling in a great recruiting class after the disappointing 2012 season.

And I think, ultimately, Pinkel's legacy will be defined by his refusal to upgrade his staff. His stubborn and blind loyalty SEVERELY crippled his upside and ruined some chances for him to win bigger at Missouri.

Keeping guys like Brian Jones, Bruce Walker, Matt Eberflus around is just criminal. Hiring Alex Grinch looks like a disaster.

Prediction: the 2014 recruiting class will end up reminding Missouri fans an awful lot of the 2011 basketball recruiting class...

DJ's left nut 03-19-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9513229)
Bauer is a weird case. I know a guy who's close to the family, and apparently he's a gigantic mama's boy.

From that perspective, I guess choosing Ole Miss over Bama or LSU makes sense. Much easier to get from West County to Oxford.

Otherwise, it makes little sense to me, considering the offers this kid had. I know that Pinkel's job security has been a consideration for Bauer in the past.

It's hard to imagine them pulling in a great recruiting class after the disappointing 2012 season.

And I think, ultimately, Pinkel's legacy will be defined by his refusal to upgrade his staff. His stubborn and blind loyalty SEVERELY crippled his upside and ruined some chances for him to win bigger at Missouri.

Keeping guys like Brian Jones, Bruce Walker, Matt Eberflus around is just criminal. Hiring Alex Grinch looks like a disaster.

Prediction: the 2014 recruiting class will end up reminding Missouri fans an awful lot of the 2011 basketball recruiting class...

Damn.

What's that say about the 2013 recruiting class? Because that thing was a warmed over piece of crap in its own right.

duncan_idaho 03-19-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9513274)
Damn.

What's that say about the 2013 recruiting class? Because that thing was a warmed over piece of crap in its own right.

The amount of OL talent in-state in 2014 is extremely rare and potentially transformational.

It's not just Bauer. Several other guys, including Roderick Johnson.