ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Dragon Age 3 Announced (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263823)

Mr. Laz 09-17-2012 11:11 AM

Dragon Age 3 Announced

Dragon Age 3 Announced: Dragon Age 3: Inquisition Coming In "Late 2013"

Dragon Age 3: Inquisition,
the third game in BioWare's Dragon Age franchise, will be released on late 2013. According to BioWare and EA, the game will combines "the storytelling legacy BioWare is known for" with "deep RPG gameplay." It will be built on a new RPG game engine "underpinned by EA’s critically-acclaimed Frostbite 2 technology."

“The Dragon Age team has been working on Dragon Age 3: Inquisition for almost two years now,” said Aaryn Flynn, General Manager of BioWare Edmonton and BioWare Montreal in a statement. “We’ve been poring over player feedback from past games and connecting directly with our fans. They haven’t held back, so we’re not either. With Dragon Age 3: Inquisition, we want to give fans what they’re asking for – a great story with choices that matter, a massive world to explore, deep customization and combat that is both tactical and visceral.”

I'd love to be able to tell you more -- show some pictures and maybe a video -- but there is no more to tell at the present. As soon as we get any more information, we'll let you know.

Until then, though, check out our review of the last Dragon Age game:

QuikSsurfer 09-17-2012 11:14 AM

I don't care how bad the second game was.. The first title and its expansion were so good that I'll always support this franchise.
And please more male on male love scenes.... mmmm Zevran.

Kraus 09-17-2012 11:43 AM

The first game was awesome - I still haven't played the second. From what I've heard I probably won't even touch it.

pr_capone 09-17-2012 11:44 AM

I'll give it a shot.

Saulbadguy 09-17-2012 12:35 PM

THANK THE MAKER!

Imon Yourside 09-17-2012 12:43 PM

meh, boring franchise.

QuikSsurfer 09-17-2012 12:43 PM

Enchantment!

Frazod 09-17-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 8920703)
The first game was awesome - I still haven't played the second. From what I've heard I probably won't even touch it.

I loved the second one. :shrug: And it's damn sure better than any of the new crap I've played this year.

keg in kc 08-08-2013 02:47 PM

Game's the cover story in this month's Game Informer

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4-mKtib9eYA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pants 08-08-2013 06:14 PM

I didn't realize DA2 was considered a flop. I remember enjoying the game quite a bit.

I'll be playing DA3 for sure.

keg in kc 08-08-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9869046)
I didn't realize DA2 was considered a flop. I remember enjoying the game quite a bit.

I'll be playing DA3 for sure.

It was a flop in the same way that ME3 was a flop. There were some very vocal people (primarily on the game's forums) who hated it. Most people were fine with it.

I'm unsure about the direction. As I'm sure you've heard me say a million times on here, I don't like open world games. So the idea of removing some of the linear quest direction of the game is actually a major negative to me. But everything they've shown so far looks amazing. I'm sure I'll preorder it.

Saulbadguy 08-08-2013 07:13 PM

I never finished DA2 and I was really excited for it. It got too repetitive and boring.

I'll definitely get DA3 though.

keg in kc 08-08-2013 07:21 PM

There were some valid complaints about the game. The game was released very quickly, they did extensively reuse areas, there was a clear change in gameplay/combat, and a lot of people wondered why the Warden wasn't part of the game. Mainly what I was referring to were the people who called it (and then ME3) the worst BioWare games ever made, and a sign that EA had killed them.

hometeam 08-08-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9869193)
I never finished DA2 and I was really excited for it. It got too repetitive and boring.

I'll definitely get DA3 though.

Same with me, I got pretty far, but gave up on it. I was extremely stoked for it, pre-ordered, but it couldn't keep me.

Javabean 08-09-2013 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9869222)
There were some valid complaints about the game. The game was released very quickly, they did extensively reuse areas, there was a clear change in gameplay/combat, and a lot of people wondered why the Warden wasn't part of the game. Mainly what I was referring to were the people who called it (and then ME3) the worst BioWare games ever made, and a sign that EA had killed them.

I enjoyed DAO2 because I thought it succeeded as a roleplaying game, but the gameplay and combat were so dumbed down from the first one that I can understand why so many people were upset with it. And being that it was their first major release after EA purchased them, it was not a good sign.

As for ME3, I honestly don't think there's any question that the last 10 minutes of that was the worst thing BioWare's ever released. The only question is whether it overshadowed the rest of the game, which ranged from above average to excellent.

EA's purchase may not have killed BioWare, but there has been a definite drop-off in quality. Before the purchase, they gave us Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights and KOTOR and the first Mass Effect. Since the purchase, they've given us one amazing game in ME2 and big pile of above average.

I still enjoy their games, but they're not the genre defining games they used to be.