ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Wild Animals You Have Seen in North America (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316157)

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-10-2018 11:24 AM

I used to raise hogs in South Georgia. I had an 8 foot gator that stayed in my lagoon and fed on the afterbirth that came out the drainlines.

I also watched a bald eagle come down and kill a Canadian goose about 50 yards from me in SE Kansas.

I photographed two huge bullsnakes mating in texas. Don't tell anybody this please, I really don't want that out there.

NJChiefsFan 07-10-2018 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13622259)
I almost got jumped by a pack of Raccoons once. I was like, "yo, it's cool guys. Take the trash...i don't want any problems".

Uhmmm...i've seen mostly your basic stuff. Rattle Snakes (cooked one) and Dolphins. Uhh...saw a deer once at 5th grade camp. Red tailed Hawk.

I see deer all the time. Tons always crossing the roads although sadly not always successfully. Deer in headlights is a saying for a reason. Easily seen thousands in my life around here. Same with black bear. Always getting into the garbage.

Zebedee DuBois 07-10-2018 11:36 AM

Although not on the list, I have seen a wild muskrat on 2 separate occasions.

Mile High Mania 07-10-2018 12:00 PM

I've seen most of those... cougars as well, both in the woods and in the city.

Boise_Chief 07-10-2018 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 13622314)
BTW, if you say yes to bearded lizard you are most likely full of shit. They are native to AUSTRALIA.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hehe I read that as bearded lizard

eDave 07-10-2018 12:11 PM

In Phoenix, I run into scorpions (obviously but I've only seen a few actually), coyotes in the city, Javalina (wild pig) too. We have a hunting season for them. Bighorn Sheep at Canyon Lake. Elk/Moose and wild horses (a real problem) up towards Flagstaff. Wild horses just south of me: https://mediaassets.abc15.com/video/...nty_109585.mp4

Recent reports of a Bobcats in the neighborhood.

In Boy Scouts I saw all manner of snakes and spiders.

Saw a badger in Joshua Tree National Forest.

Cats, mice, Jack Rabbits, owls...

frozenchief 07-10-2018 12:14 PM

I've seen several from snow machine or a boat. I really want to see a wolverine but haven't yet. Seen their tracks and dens but never seen a wolverine. That would be really cool.

Also want to see an orca. I've seen humpbacks and belugas but never an orca.

Probably the coolest animal sighting was when I saw caribou herds come through the village we lived in. Happened while there was still lots of ice on the lake and when they ran you could feel their hooves on the ice. I rode next to them on a snow machine, close enough I could touch them. There were literally thousands of them.

It was like Dances with Wolves. You can call me Rides with Caribou (sarcasm).

scho63 07-10-2018 01:13 PM

Who could have guess that the hardest or least spotted animal is the CP Otter. Must be a stealthy, nocturnal animal that has camouflage.

sully1983 07-10-2018 01:34 PM

Just recently (this past month) I saw a bobcat just chilling in my back yard. Gorgeous looking animal and was full grown too (I live in the Phoenix, AZ area) . When it saw me, it bounced with the quickness. Literally jumped my back yard wall effortlessly and never saw it again . Really wish I would have taken a pic to share with you folks damn it! lol

gblowfish 07-10-2018 03:28 PM

I was flying down US 270 across the Ouachita River valley in Arkansas once, and saw a black bear up on his hind legs trying to open a mailbox. Blew right by him.

threebag 07-10-2018 03:57 PM

How bout Bobcat the comedian (not the animal, not the backhoe)?

Indian Chief 07-10-2018 03:58 PM

As a hunter, I probably have a better chance of seeing most of these than other people. Coming upon a bear unexpectedly about 50 yards away was probably my sketchiest moment. Having a 12 gauge in my hand mitigated a certain amount of butt puckering.

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-10-2018 04:25 PM

I've chased pronghorn with my daughter on a four wheeler. They can run for a looong time. got several pics riding right beside them at 30 mph. Within 20 feet.

And jack rabbits. Them suckers can run 50 mph. Used to chase them on four wheelers too and shoot hem with shotguns. Damn that was fun!!!!! Then the coyotes took over and had to start shooting them. It's a vicious cycle.

keg in kc 07-10-2018 04:28 PM

Weirdest: I saw what I've always called a thunderbird once driving back to school in the early 90s. Something flying over I-85 in the hills of rural virginia with what had to be a 10-foot wingspan. I have no idea what it was or even could have been.

Otherwise I've seen probably more than half the things on the list, much of it much closer than I'd like.

Rain Man 07-10-2018 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 13622856)
Weirdest: I saw what I've always called a thunderbird once driving back to school in the early 90s. Something flying over I-85 in the hills of rural virginia with what had to be a 10-foot wingspan. I have no idea what it was or even could have been.

Otherwise I've seen probably more than half the things on the list, much of it much closer than I'd like.

Maybe it was a pigeon that was flying really low. How's your depth perception?