ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The Todd Haley -- Chiefs HC Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264615)

RealSNR 10-03-2012 11:50 AM

He wasn't a good coach for the Chiefs because he wasn't a good coach. He was dumb.

He was a different kind of dumb from Herm, though. Herm was dumb on gameday because he was a pussy soft bitch who didn't understand that putting the game in the hands of his defense meant you should probably build up a defense capable of getting those key stops when you need them. Haley was dumb on gameday because he was just stupid. It's like he possessed no cognition or rationality.

I will say, however, that if things were different and Haley could have grown from a rookie head coach at all in 2.5 years, he would represent my ideal coach. Young, hardass, no nonsense, respected by the players, and knowledgeable of Xs and Os. For some reason, however, that knowledge could never translate to the field on game day.

Ace Gunner 10-03-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8973307)
He wasn't a good coach for the Chiefs because he wasn't a good coach. He was dumb.

He was a different kind of dumb from Herm, though. Herm was dumb on gameday because he was a pussy soft bitch who didn't understand that putting the game in the hands of his defense meant you should probably build up a defense capable of getting those key stops when you need them. Haley was dumb on gameday because he was just stupid. It's like he possessed no cognition or rationality.

I will say, however, that if things were different and Haley could have grown from a rookie head coach at all in 2.5 years, he would represent my ideal coach. Young, hardass, no nonsense, respected by the players, and knowledgeable of Xs and Os. For some reason, however, that knowledge could never translate to the field on game day.

and so, you see some type of contrast now?

Molitoth 10-03-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 8973281)
If it wasn't for Todd Haley we would never have seen Tyler Palko **** Todd Haley. Good coach or not the fact we had to see Tyler Palko for as long as we did Todd Haley just was fail. It's just dumb to think he was any good for Chiefs after that.

Wow dude seriously?

Nobody knew what Palko was and Haley gave him a chance.

His other options were:
Cassel = he couldnt stand him
Stanzi = rookie

I would've liked to see Stanzi too, but ffs.

RealSNR 10-03-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 8973321)
and so, you see some type of contrast now?

Romeo is a different kind of dumb from Todd Haley. Romeo is more Herm dumb. Remember Club Herm? You're seeing Club Romeo right now. They're almost identical. Remember how Herm's defensive focus to the HC position made our defense a "better tackling unit?" Same here. It's almost like the defense doesn't give a shit anymore.

Romeo is also extremely conservative on the sideline. Not like Herm, but almost as bad.

Molitoth 10-03-2012 11:57 AM

This is still my fav

http://i45.tinypic.com/2m3mdf4.gif

Frazod 10-03-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

If it wasn't for Todd Haley we would never have seen Tyler Palko **** Todd Haley. Good coach or not the fact we had to see Tyler Palko for as long as we did Todd Haley just was fail. It's just dumb to think he was any good for Chiefs after that.

I'm 100% convinced that Stanzi absolutely sucks. I think we got Palko because Palko was better. We'll get Quinn, who also completely sucks, when Cassel gets the hook because Quinn's complete suckage is still better than Palko's. Too many goddamn Ioweegans on this board propping that piece of crap up into something he's not, never has been or never will be.

And none of this is Haley's fault.

durtyrute 10-03-2012 12:09 PM

I was, is, and will continue to be a Haley supporter. For once we had a young up and coming coach who could call our own instead of getting washed up has beens. I really wished he would have given the offense over to someone else, eased up just a little, and realized you don't have to go for it or be super tricky all of the time.

I don't blame him for the great Palkizy fiasco. He was our backup QB and it was only a couple of games. You don't bench a QB for a rookie after four games. The whole "walking on the field" thing was exactly what I want from a coach. Mike Tomlin does that shit all of the time but no one bitches about him doing it.

Haley showed that he cared about the team. He had fire and guts, something we have been missing in KC for a while. With a better QB and some growing on his own he would have been fine.

I'm pissed we kept Pissioli and fired Haley. Haley hated Cassel and Pissoli loves him that's all that needs to be said.

(Wow, I could have saved my fingers and just typed that last line first.)

Pasta Little Brioni 10-03-2012 12:14 PM

Sorry, the boob should never be a Head Coach again.

whoman69 10-03-2012 12:26 PM

I think Haley got too much blame. Certainly his people skills were not always the best, but sometimes its the jerk that can get the most out of people. Pioli chose the coaches, the defensive scheme, and gave him no depth especially at QB. Having Tyler Palko as a backup is inexcusable. I also believe he was under orders not to play Stanzi. We even saw an argument on the field with Zorn about putting Stanzi in. I don't think his decision to forego team prep in favor of conditioning last year was the right decision. These guys are professionals and should be expected to come in ready to go.

frankotank 10-03-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 8973333)

I find it very disturbing.

BigMeatballDave 10-03-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Enough of this.

Now, I'll grant you that Haley have started Orton in Chicago.

I think you're forgetting Kyle dislocated his finger vs the Bears.

DaneMcCloud 10-03-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 8973298)
I expect he will be considered a candidate by NFL teams next season regardless.

LMAO

No.

DaneMcCloud 10-03-2012 01:04 PM

**** Todd Haley, **** Scott Pioli, **** Matt Cassel and **** Clark Hunt.

One Arrowhead Drive needs a nuclear ****ing enema.

RealSNR 10-03-2012 01:16 PM

Good God.

Haley stopped ****ing trying. He shot himself in the foot so he would be sent to the hospital instead of having to fight on the front lines. He rebelled against not only the fans and his boss, but his own PLAYERS.

The guy is a nutcase. No sane NFL owner or GM will ever trust him to run a team ever again.

BigMeatballDave 10-03-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8973638)

The guy is a nutcase. No sane NFL owner or GM will ever trust him to run a team ever again.

If Pioli is fired after this season, and his O in Pitt continues to improve, I wouldn't be surprised to see people interested in him for 2014.

I don't miss him here, but I never hated the guy.