ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs sign CB justin rodgers and WR deon anthony (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284154)

planetdoc 06-05-2014 06:20 PM

Chiefs sign CB justin rodgers and WR deon anthony
 
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...medium=twitter

The Kansas City Chiefs signed versatile former Troy University quarterback Deon Anthony as a wide receiver.

They also signed cornerback Justin Rogers and cut defensive lineman Risean Broussard.

Anthony ran the 40-yard dash in 4.44 seconds with a 36-inch vertical leap, 10-foot broad jump and bench pressed 225 pounds 17 times at his Pro Day.

Last season, he rushed for 432 yards and three touchdowns and passed for five touchdowns. He also caught 10 passes for 116 yards.

He rushed for eight touchdowns as a junior and was named second-team All-Sunbelt Conference as an all-purpose selection. He passed for nine touchdowns and threw three interceptions.

saphojunkie 06-05-2014 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planetdoc (Post 10673197)
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...medium=twitter

The Kansas City Chiefs signed versatile former Troy University quarterback Deon Anthony as a wide receiver.

They also signed cornerback Justin Rogers and cut defensive lineman Risean Broussard.

Anthony ran the 40-yard dash in 4.44 seconds with a 36-inch vertical leap, 10-foot broad jump and bench pressed 225 pounds 17 times at his Pro Day.

Last season, he rushed for 432 yards and three touchdowns and passed for five touchdowns. He also caught 10 passes for 116 yards.

He rushed for eight touchdowns as a junior and was named second-team All-Sunbelt Conference as an all-purpose selection. He passed for nine touchdowns and threw three interceptions.

So... D. Anthony will be battling D'Anthony. Got it.

planetdoc 06-05-2014 06:22 PM

wr deon anthony
5'10'', 214lbs
4.44 forty (pro day)

cb Justin Rodgers
5'10.4'' , 180lbs
4.45 forty (combine), 4.40 (proday)

TimBone 06-05-2014 06:24 PM

What color are they on the PFF chart?

Dunerdr 06-05-2014 06:24 PM

Meh

planetdoc 06-05-2014 06:24 PM

:doh!:when the league aggressively tries to get tall recievers, the chiefs aggressively hoard midgets.

Dante84 06-05-2014 06:24 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/i_pWJEuBfTk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/98KG98Ut-LI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bevischief 06-05-2014 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planetdoc (Post 10673214)
:doh!:when the league aggressively tries to get tall recievers, the chiefs aggressively hoard midgets.

LMAO

Mr. Laz 06-05-2014 06:33 PM

so here goes Dorsey again, apparently he believes that CBs and WRs can be found on the junk pile so why draft them.

Dunerdr 06-05-2014 06:45 PM

Still think we should give Marcus cooper a shot at wide out

Halfcan 06-05-2014 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planetdoc (Post 10673214)
:doh!:when the league aggressively tries to get tall recievers, the chiefs aggressively hoard midgets.

Must be a KC thing...

Royals draft

LHP Brandon Finnegan, TCU

Finnegan's fastball sits in the low-to-mid-90s and now -- thanks to an assist from Team USA teammate and third overall pick Carlos Rodon -- rocks an impressive slider. He also mixes in a change. Due to his size (5-foot-11, 184 pounds), there have been some durability concerns. (He did miss a few starts with shoulder trouble this spring.) Still, some scouts see him as a No. 2 starter in the majors eventually, and with pitching at such a premium these days, that's pretty attractive.

Way to draft a hopeful #2 starter with your number 1 pick in the draft. :rolleyes:

BossChief 06-05-2014 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10673244)
so here goes Dorsey again, apparently he believes that CBs and WRs can be found on the junk pile so why draft them.

We drafted a corner that's über talented.

redshirt32 06-05-2014 07:03 PM

Get them in open space and try to catch them,
with everyone saying this was the best drat in 20 plus years, there should be a lot of UDFA's that got over looked because the talent level was loaded supposedly.

Any Priest Holmes out there left in UDFA pool ?

BigMeatballDave 06-05-2014 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10673244)
so here goes Dorsey again, apparently he believes that CBs and WRs can be found on the junk pile so why draft them.

Priest Holmes was an UDFA.

Good players can be found anywhere.

KCChiefsFan88 06-05-2014 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 10673332)
Priest Holmes was an UDFA.

Good players can be found anywhere.

In related logic, someone wins the lottery once, so keep playing the lottery as a primary source of income.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.