ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Official "Lost" the series discussion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100674)

Alton deFlat 10-07-2004 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
Nope. One guy got chased, but the tall weeds hid it.

I'll be we won't get a good look at them until the season finale. Bastards! :cuss:

..and while he was running from the beast, he happened upon the Korean gal topless. I think she is pretty horny, and is going to fall into the sack with somebody. Sex is a universal language.

donkhater 10-07-2004 08:29 AM

My wife and I were wondering if Katie was once OR currently married to the cop. He seemed to have experience with her on a personal basis.

Deberg_1990 10-07-2004 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donkhater
My wife and I were wondering if Katie was once OR currently married to the cop. He seemed to have experience with her on a personal basis.

Yea..he also took one look at the good doctor and said "She got to you too didnt she?" After he had told him to "watch out for her" That would seem to imply they had a relationship on some level?? This show rocks...so far so good..i just hope that they are able to keep the momentum up...there seems like only so much you can do with people living on an island.

Phobia 10-07-2004 07:01 PM

Spoiler alert.

Don't read past this point.

The "monster" on the island is played by Denise Tavakolinium, a little know liberal actress from KC.

Michael Michigan 10-07-2004 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
She is smokin hot.....ive never seen or heard of her before??

http://www.wchstv.com/abc/lost/evangelinelilly.jpg

Deberg_1990 10-13-2004 03:46 PM

Lost pimps unite!! If you havent checked out the seasons best new show, why NOT?? Your missing out! Sounds like tonights episode is another terrific outing:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/columni...s-corner_x.htm

OmahaChief 10-13-2004 04:05 PM

Anyone think the mysterious old man might not have been on that plane but could have been a survivor from a previous plane crash on the island? Just a thought.

KingPriest2 10-13-2004 04:07 PM

Quote:

Lost pimps unite!! If you havent checked out the seasons best new show, why NOT?? Your missing out! Sounds like tonights episode is another terrific outing:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/columni...s-corner_x.htm

I was wondering if you were going to bring this up.

Deberg_1990 10-13-2004 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief
Anyone think the mysterious old man might not have been on that plane but could have been a survivor from a previous plane crash on the island? Just a thought.

I think hes probably an assistant of some sort to the "real" threat behind the island.....

Baby Lee 10-13-2004 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief

He was on the plane. At least in the flashbacks.

OmahaChief 10-13-2004 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee
He was on the plane. At least in the flashbacks.

Are your sure? I have it on TiVo and have yet to see him in the times I have replayed it.

Frazod 10-13-2004 05:29 PM

I'm glad this was brought up - I just assumed it wouldn't be on tonight because of the debate. I would have been really pissed if I'd missed it.

I guess I'll forego the first hour of the Cards/Astros game.

Deberg_1990 10-13-2004 05:44 PM

Quote:

I'm glad this was brought up - I just assumed it wouldn't be on tonight because of the debate. I would have been really pissed if I'd missed it.

I guess I'll forego the first hour of the Cards/Astros game.

Yea, i know..its pretty addicting isnt it?

Frazod 10-13-2004 05:50 PM

Quote:

Yea, i know..its pretty addicting isnt it?

Actually, I'll probably TiVo it and watch the game. That way I can skip the commercials. I love skipping commercials.

Deberg_1990 10-13-2004 05:52 PM

Quote:

Actually, I'll probably TiVo it and watch the game. That way I can skip the commercials. I love skipping commercials.

Yea i need to get one of those things! Ive missed Rescue Me. Damnit Carl!

KingPriest2 10-13-2004 06:02 PM

The beasts are coming out to play!

Frazod 10-13-2004 06:04 PM

Wild boars - it's what's for dinner. The dog gets a respite. :D

Frazod 10-13-2004 06:04 PM

Well, I'm heading downstairs to watch baseball. Back later.

Deberg_1990 10-13-2004 06:15 PM

I need those TPS reports today!!

KingPriest2 10-13-2004 06:17 PM

Quote:

I need those TPS reports today!!

Well we have a better idea who he is now.

KingPriest2 10-13-2004 06:31 PM

Pretty good so far.

KingPriest2 10-13-2004 06:42 PM

Deberg where you at?

KingPriest2 10-13-2004 07:00 PM

OMG Locke was paralyzed and now he can walk.

unlurking 10-13-2004 07:07 PM

pre-empted for the debates here.

:(

KcMizzou 10-13-2004 07:08 PM

Wow... that was pretty damned good. They certainly leave you wondering, don't they? The thing in the woods... the fact that Locke claimed he didn't see anything (when clearly he did..).. the guy in the suit... the crimes of the girl... etc etc. They certainly know how to keep people coming back for more.

This is the best new TV show I've seen in a long, long time.

KcMizzou 10-13-2004 07:23 PM

What if they're all dead... and in some kind of purgatory? That would explain why Locke can walk again... and they each seem to have certain issues that need to be worked out before it's decided which direction they're going...

:shrug:

POPpystar 10-13-2004 07:24 PM

great show once again. The whole idea, along with the micro stories....they have a good thing going. Lock is going to tell what he saw, at least to the point of saying it is magical.

Who is the dude in the suit with the white shoes?????? :hmmm:

POPpystar 10-13-2004 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou
What if they're all dead... and in some kind of purgatory? That would explain why Locke can walk again... and they each seem to have certain issues that need to be worked out before it's decided which direction they're going...

:shrug:

I asked the same question to the family after it was over..... What if everyone is really dead??????

KingPriest2 10-13-2004 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POPpystar
I asked the same question to the family after it was over..... What if everyone is really dead??????

I don't think they are. I think I read somewhere they weren't I do know that it is going to have bible references It is going to be similar to the 40 days and 40 nights.

KcMizzou 10-13-2004 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingPriest2
I don't think they are. I think I read somewhere they weren't I do know that it is going to have bible references It is going to be similar to the 40 days and 40 nights.

Could be...

Hell, if we knew for sure it'd take all the fun out of it. Anyone who posts any REAL spoilers gets the nuthooks.
:cuss:

Fairplay 10-13-2004 08:09 PM

Quote:

Could be...

Hell, if we knew for sure it'd take all the fun out of it. Anyone who posts any REAL spoilers gets the nuthooks.
:cuss:

Deburg_1990 like to give spoilers on movies and such. Please do not do that please Deburg.

Fairplay 10-13-2004 08:12 PM

Quote:

A big yes to that. I've been recommending the show to a lot of people , most say "Lost? uh, whats that?" And i basically say start watching it. You will see. I don't like to give away much of a story.

Deberg_1990 10-13-2004 08:42 PM

DAMNIT CARL!! My power went out for like an hour and half and i missed the last 45 minutes of the show!!! Can someone give me a quick recap please???

KingPriest2 10-13-2004 08:48 PM

Quote:

DAMNIT CARL!! My power went out for like an hour and half and i missed the last 45 minutes of the show!!! Can someone give me a quick recap please???

They ended up being found and Jack and Kate get married. Locke becomes a minister. Charlie becomes the next Neil Diamoond so on and so on.

Deberg_1990 10-13-2004 08:50 PM

Quote:

They ended up being found and Jack and Kate get married. Locke becomes a minister. Charlie becomes the next Neil Diamoond so on and so on.

Damnit! I knew i missed something good!

Fairplay 10-13-2004 08:52 PM

Quote:

The power was out on the island as well! Ok, Basically the hot chick the black dude and the old man go out hunting for a boar. The boar comes running at them and wounds the black dude! The women and the black dude go back to camp. The old man has some cool flash backs of his former life. Basically saying its his destiny to go on a trip. So the old man says, im going to go kill that Boar! (later...)Anyway the girl climbs a tree and looks across a vally and sees something huge coming thru the trees, the old mans down there, after that she comes down. Later it flashes to the old man seeing something huge coming through the trees right at him! The old man apparently sees it. Later it cuts to the old man bringing the boar to the camp for everyone to eat, The girl asked, "Did you see that big thing coming at you in the trees? He said "no". Seems like he knows more then that, bigtime!

Meanwhile the young doctor dude keeps seeing someone out in the jungle from time to time.

Deberg_1990 10-13-2004 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay
The power was out on the island as well! Ok, Basically the hot chick the black dude and the old man go out hunting for a boar. The boar comes running at them and wounds the black dude! The women and the black dude go back to camp. The old man has some cool flash backs of his former life. Basically saying its his destiny to go on a trip. So the old man says, im going to go kill that Boar! (later...)Anyway the girl climbs a tree and looks across a vally and sees something huge coming thru the trees, the old mans down there, after that she comes down. Later it flashes to the old man seeing something huge coming through the trees right at him! The old man apparently sees it. Later it cuts to the old man bringing the boar to the camp for everyone to eat, The girl asked, "Did you see that big thing coming at you in the trees? He said "no". Seems like he knows more then that, bigtime!

Meanwhile the young doctor dude keeps seeing someone out in the jungle from time to time.

Interesting.....so was the Old dude some sort of covert military black ops before? The last part I saw was him in a cubicle and someone called him Colonel??

Baby Lee 10-13-2004 09:02 PM

Quote:

Spoilers for those who haven't seen it yet.

Boars attack the dead in the fuselage.
Sayid improvises an antenna in an effort to find the French broadcast.
Kate agrees to help put it up.
Kate, Locke and Michael go hunting with Locke's impressive set of hunting knives recovered from baggage check.
When the get to a boar, it rushes them, injuring Michael in the leg and knocking the wind out of Locke.
Kate and Michael head back d/t Michael's wound.
Locke sets out on his own track the boar.
Kate stops to climb a tree and set the antenna. While up there see the BIG monster [or the effects in the trees thereof] heading for Locke. She drops and breaks the antenna.
Commercial break with Locke looking up at what is presumed by sound effects and camera angle, to be the monster.
Camp is collecting firewood to burn fuselage w/bodies inside.
Also taking all usable stuffs from fuselage.
Preggers asks Jack to preside over a memorial. He declines. Preggers presides, reading info gleaned from handbags, wallets and luggage of dead.
Jack sits with black lady, [off by herself] who is largely silent. She's sure her husband is still alive.
Returning to camp, Jack sees someone in the treeline. Goes after what he sees, runs into Locke covered in blood, dragging a boar.
Flashbacks were largely Lockes. He's a wannabe 'colonel' who works in an 'office space' setting [complete with TPS reports] and plays something resembling Risk on his lunch hour. A coworker rags on him, revealing Locke's drive to make something of himself "don't tell me I can't do xxxx." Locke goes to Aus to do a walkabout. Invites what co-workers think is a GF to go along, turns out she's a phone sex worker he spends hours talking on the phone to.

He then gets rejected for the walkabout when he gets to Aus, when its revealed HE IS IN A WHEELCHAIR. Turns out he was paraplegic, and in the crash, he regains his ability to walk [presumably the 'secret' he told Walt in the previous ep].

The wheelchair they've been using to haul stuff around the beach was his.

Fairplay 10-13-2004 09:04 PM

Quote:

Interesting.....so was the Old dude some sort of covert military black ops before? The last part I saw was him in a cubicle and someone called him Colonel??

Turns out that Locke was more of a wannebee then anything else in his former life.

Baby Lee 10-13-2004 09:06 PM

Quote:

He was presumably talking to the guy he played 'risk' with at lunch.

OmahaChief 10-13-2004 09:06 PM

Quote:

Wow... that was pretty damned good. They certainly leave you wondering, don't they? The thing in the woods... the fact that Locke claimed he didn't see anything (when clearly he did..).. the guy in the suit... the crimes of the girl... etc etc. They certainly know how to keep people coming back for more.

Or Did he actually see anything? The way the trees and things bend and break as this thing walks the "monster" would have to be pretty tall. Kate would have seen it from the tree for sure from the angles that those trees and bushes are breaking. Could the thing be invisible or something like Predator and blend in and is hard to see with the naked eye.

One of the great things about this show is the debate about stuff like this. No one really knows. Hell I though maybe Locke was not on the plane and that was proved wrong tonight. So hard telling what will happen next.

Anyone see any similarities to this show and Carnivale on HBO. The writers seem to have the same style and are showing us the show in a like format with each episode giving us a little background on a key character and at the same time continuing the full story. Brilliant writing to this point.

KcMizzou 10-13-2004 09:07 PM

Nice summary, BL.

Fairplay 10-13-2004 09:07 PM

Thats wild too. Locke was in a wheelchair before the plane crash. After it crashed, he slowly got up and walked.

Episode seemed to focus mainly on Locke and the doctor and black lady.

Baby Lee 10-13-2004 09:09 PM

Quote:

Nice summary, BL.

Feel free to embellish, if you think I missed relevant stuff. I know I neglected to mention the whole 'hot girl wooing the hobbit to catch her a fish' line. And the Korean chick brushing her teeth with Aloe Vera.

KcMizzou 10-13-2004 09:10 PM

Quote:

Thats wild too. Locke was in a wheelchair before the plane crash. After it crashed, he slowly got up and walked.

I wondered why the hell he kept looking at his feet.

OC's right... great writing.

I wonder how the hell they could have a second season though...

Fairplay 10-13-2004 09:15 PM

Quote:

Easy. This plot has so many ways of taking off. Heck, remember that black lady that said, whose to say her husband died just because he was in the back of the plane? This story could go on and on..

Also recall when the radio transmissions of 16 years ago were going on.. theres another out. So many things to ponder. I love this series.

KingPriest2 10-13-2004 09:16 PM

Quote:

I wondered why the hell he kept looking at his feet.

OC's right... great writing.

THe first season is 40 days and the second season is going to be 40 days

KcMizzou 10-13-2004 09:17 PM

Quote:

Turns out that Locke was more of a wannebee then anything else in his former life.

That's kind of the way I saw it... I felt like maybe he was a little delusional.

Although... maybe he actually is a vet, and that's how he ended up paralyzed.

Fairplay 10-13-2004 09:19 PM

Quote:

That's kind of the way I saw it... I felt like maybe he was a little delusional.

Anythings possible for now.

KcMizzou 10-13-2004 09:19 PM

Quote:

Easy. This plot has so many ways of taking off. Heck, remember that black lady that said, whose to say her husband died just because he was in the back of the plane? This story could go on and on..

Also recall when the radio transmissions of 16 years ago were going on.. theres another out. So many things to ponder. I love this series.

I guess I'm assuming they'll answer all the questions they've raised so far, during this season. That's not to say they won't raise more, I guess...

Fairplay 10-13-2004 09:20 PM

Quote:

I guess I'm assuming they'll answer all the questions they've raised so far, during this season. That's not to say they won't raise more, I guess...

It seems like the more they answer, the more that gets raised, thats the beauty of it.

KcMizzou 10-13-2004 09:21 PM

Quote:

It seems like the more they answer, the more that gets raised, thats the beauty of it.

True enough... I'm not complainin'.

Deberg_1990 10-13-2004 09:22 PM

So is the big goofy "Harry Knowles" looking dude hot for the skinny pregnant girl? They were sleeping together on the beach i noticed at the beginning.....

Baby Lee 10-13-2004 09:23 PM

Quote:

Well ge went from paralyzed to killing a boar with his bare hands [and a bowie knife] in short order.

KcMizzou 10-13-2004 09:24 PM

Quote:

So is the big goofy "Harry Knowles" looking dude hot for the skinny pregnant girl? They were sleeping together on the beach i noticed at the beginning.....

Heh, I don't know... but I got a kick out him fighting the asshole blonde guy over the peanuts... he's no p*ssy.

ZootedGranny 10-13-2004 09:25 PM

I don't think whatever is on the island is a monster in the classical sense, because every time it comes on the screen, it has a very mechanical sound.

But yes, this show is written very well, even down to little things like the character being John Locke, which ties in with the Tabula Rasa theory of a clean slate. Then there was the comic book the kid was reading, in which there was a still of a polar bear, which foreshadowed the bear in the woods.

KcMizzou 10-13-2004 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee
Well ge went from paralyzed to killing a boar with his bare hands [and a bowie knife] in short order.

Yeah... which is part of what leads me to the whole "they're all dead/purgatory" theory.

He's been paralyzed for years, I assume. And now (four days later) he's a stud, for a guy his age...

Fairplay 10-13-2004 09:29 PM

Quote:

Yeah... which is part of what leads me to the whole "they're all dead/purgatory" theory.

Maybe its god in the woods coming through? Whose to say?

Maybe they are all dead.

KcMizzou 10-13-2004 09:32 PM

Quote:

Maybe its god in the woods coming through? Whose to say?

Maybe they are all dead.

Death... the Grim Reaper... Four Horsemen...

(Shit... what do I know... just an idea)

ZootedGranny 10-13-2004 09:33 PM

I honestly don't think Locke killed that boar, but it was killed by the monster, and then he dragged it back to camp. But yes, that didn't quite explain how he could go back to walking without a problem after 4 years of inactivity.

Fairplay 10-13-2004 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZootedGranny
I honestly don't think Locke killed that boar, but it was killed by the monster, and then he dragged it back to camp. But yes, that didn't quite explain how he could go back to walking without a problem after 4 years of inactivity.

Great possibility. When the black dude thanked him for killing the boar. Locke never said he actually killed it.

J Diddy 10-13-2004 09:35 PM

Quote:

Great possibility. When the black dude thanked him for killing the boar. Locke never said he actually killed it.

I killed the boar

yep it was me

Deberg_1990 10-13-2004 09:36 PM

Quote:

So how did Locke get that case of Knives on the plane??

Fairplay 10-13-2004 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy
I killed the boar

yep it was me

I thank you, we thank you, the survivors thank you........

Fairplay 10-13-2004 09:37 PM

Quote:

I don't know, maybe someone else caught it?

KcMizzou 10-13-2004 09:37 PM

Quote:

He "checked it" according to him. Baggage compartment, I guess...

KcMizzou 10-13-2004 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy
I killed the boar

yep it was me

No, no... you made the pizza. Which is better, IMO.

J Diddy 10-13-2004 10:01 PM

Quote:

No, no... you made the pizza. Which is better, IMO.

They had pizza on there, I thought they were lost. Oh I get it lost delivery driver must be working for me.

Man this is Bullshit!!!
Quit bringing me down

:)

KingPriest2 10-13-2004 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZootedGranny
I don't think whatever is on the island is a monster in the classical sense, because every time it comes on the screen, it has a very mechanical sound.

But yes, this show is written very well, even down to little things like the character being John Locke, which ties in with the Tabula Rasa theory of a clean slate. Then there was the comic book the kid was reading, in which there was a still of a polar bear, which foreshadowed the bear in the woods.

Think Biblical people. 40 days 40 nights. This is what the creators of the show said.

Fairplay 10-13-2004 10:05 PM

Quote:

Think Biblical people. 40 days 40 nights. This is what the creators of the show said.

I think of rain.

KcMizzou 10-13-2004 10:08 PM

Quote:

I think of rain.

Exactly...

What are you getting at KP? How does this show relate to that?

(I'm not giving you shit... I'm honestly curious.)

KingPriest2 10-13-2004 10:09 PM

Quote:

I think of rain.

That was something last week the black guy and his son were talking and The father said as soon as the rain stops he will go look for the dog and the rains stops that instant.

KingPriest2 10-13-2004 10:12 PM

Quote:

Exactly...

What are you getting at KP? How does this show relate to that?

(I'm not giving you shit... I'm honestly curious.)

Well I was on a site, I was trying to find it but couldn't the article, and it was talking about how the creators said it does have biblibal references and it did mention 40 days and 40 nights Hence ther eare 40 days this first season and 40 days the second season.

Fairplay 10-13-2004 10:14 PM

Quote:

Well I was on a site, I was trying to find it but couldn't the article, and it was talking about how the creators said it does have biblibal references and it did mention 40 days and 40 nights Hence ther eare 40 days this first season and 40 days the second season.

Good enough for me. You can overthink this. Im off to bed, night.

KingPriest2 10-13-2004 10:24 PM

Quote:

Good enough for me. You can overthink this. Im off to bed, night.

Yes you can overthink this.

Frazod 10-13-2004 10:37 PM

Just got done watching.

I LOVE THIS SHOW!

AND I LOVE TIVO, TOO!

:thumb:

KingPriest2 10-13-2004 10:38 PM

Quote:

Just got done watching.

I LOVE THIS SHOW!

AND I LOVE TIVO, TOO!

I was not sure about the show at first seeing the previews I thought it was a Jurassic Park type of show but man after watching it I got hooked.

KcMizzou 10-13-2004 10:41 PM

Quote:

Just got done watching.

I LOVE THIS SHOW!

AND I LOVE TIVO, TOO!

Easily the best new show in years.

KingPriest2 10-13-2004 10:43 PM

Quote:

Easily the best new show in years.

On network TV but The Shield, Nip/Tuck, Rescue Me are the best I think

I don't have HBO so I don't know what they have I heard OZ was good.

Frazod 10-13-2004 10:44 PM

I don't know what to think about this show, other than I like it. Each week they bring in more and more weird shit. It's like Gilligan's Island meets the Twilight Zone with a touch of Lost in Space thrown in, written by Stephen King.

I'm hooked.