ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Kawika Mitchell.... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=128298)

BigRedChief 11-07-2005 09:46 AM

Mitchell seems to be a very old school LB. Where was this guy last year? Was it Gun's motivation? Did the light finally come on?

jspchief 11-07-2005 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla
I'm still trying to figure out the idiots that wanted him cut. Maybe, just maybe, the front office knows more about talent than the fans.

Mitchell blew up some plays today. I'm glad we have him.

I'm not sure I ever said I wanted him cut, but I certainly said he sucked. because he did.

I'm glad he's grown into the player that he is, but I'm not real enthused with having to put up with 2 years of sh*tty play to get this end result.

RINGLEADER 11-07-2005 10:03 AM

Personnel-wise a lot of holes from previous years appear to have finally been filled by quality players. We could use another DL and WR and we'll obviously need a new LT, but our secondary, LBs, and kicking game - all BIG holes in past years - seem to be working out finally.

Lzen 11-07-2005 10:14 AM

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The guy came into the league under Knobinson in a read and react scheme. It sucked. The next year, he had to do a complete 180 in the style of play. That's gotta be tough for any player, let alone a 2nd year MLB. Sure, he didn't do real well for most of last year. But since so many have overlooked it, I'll once again point out the Mitchell really came on in the last month of last season. He continued to improve in the offseason and has turned into a very solid LBer for the Chiefs.

Pitt Gorilla 11-07-2005 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock
ROFL
Pitt Gorilla
Playoffs? PLAYOFFS?!?

Location: Columbia, MO 65201 DV is senile for keeping Tynes. He obviously doesn't care about winning.

Report Post | IP: Logged

Yet another case of idiots.

NJ Chief Fan 11-07-2005 01:27 PM

i think the defense as a whole is starting to look like a defense...they are starting to gell together and are getting used to playing together...mark my words down the final stretch of the season and going into the playoffs...this defense will be a lot better and more comfortable with each other

LONG LIVE THE GUNTH!

Calcountry 11-07-2005 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBull
I could definately say that about Mitchell and Johnson. Bell on the other hand, has been somewhat of a disappointment.

More than once, I saw Bell flat footed when the ball was snapped yesterday.

petegz28 11-07-2005 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJ Chief Fan
i think the defense as a whole is starting to look like a defense...they are starting to gell together and are getting used to playing together...mark my words down the final stretch of the season and going into the playoffs...this defense will be a lot better and more comfortable with each other

LONG LIVE THE GUNTH!

I agree I think the defense is starting to come together at the right time. With Roaf and Priest out the dumb ass coaches better realize we are not a run\play-action team and can be a damn good one if we quit thinking we are the Rams.

Our defense held the Raiders yesterday twice inside the 20 to field goals when the Raiders started their drive inside the 20.

We didn't look terrible against SD, Gates is just a monster to cover and we still lack some pass rush.

Hoover 11-07-2005 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duck Dog
I agree. I don't think I've heard Bells name called by the announcers yet this season. Boomer draws more attention on ST than Bell does all game.

Bell's name was called a bunch int he first half, but I agree he is kind of invisable. But thats not bad either, at least he is not getting burnt.

Pitt Gorilla 11-07-2005 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28
I agree I think the defense is starting to come together at the right time. With Roaf and Priest out the dumb ass coaches better realize we are not a run\play-action team and can be a damn good one if we quit thinking we are the Rams.

OR, maybe our dumb ass fans could realize that we ARE a run/play-action team...
:)