ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs LNBS: Aaron Murray will be our Nick Foles (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283649)

BossChief 05-12-2014 08:48 PM

LNBS: Aaron Murray will be our Nick Foles

I think both guys waited a year too long to enter the draft.

If Nick Foles had come out after his junior year, he would have had a chance to be a first round pick. If Aaron Murray came out last year, he would have, too. Heck, Tony Dungy said on espn last year that he would take Aaron Murray first overall if he had come out.

I know some here have said the guy won't ever have a chance to start, but I really think the kid can do everything Alex Smith did last year and then some, if given the chance.

staylor26 05-12-2014 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10626583)
I think both guys waited a year too long to enter the draft.

If Nick Foles had come out after his junior year, he would have had a chance to be a first round pick. If Aaron Murray came out last year, he would have, too. Heck, Tony Dungy said on espn last year that he would take Aaron Murray first overall if he had come out.

I know some here have said the guy won't ever have a chance to start, but I really think the kid can do everything Alex Smith did last year and then some, if given the chance.

This. One more thing, Aaron Murray might throw that back shoulder throw better than any QB I've ever seen coming out of college. That's becoming a staple in NFL offenses all around the league, and it's virtually unstoppable. He can make all the other necessary throws also and his arm strength is better than people say. He's a very underrated passer in general.

mcaj22 05-12-2014 08:55 PM

The only difference is, (and a big one) is that Foles has a ****ing cannon arm and some size while Murray's got a noodle and he's a midget.

So you are basically hoping he somehow becomes low-end Jeff Garcia high-end Drew Brees.

Chief_For_Life58 05-12-2014 08:56 PM

can't wait till Ricky stanzi gets some playing time...he's our Tom Brady

Mr_Tomahawk 05-12-2014 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 10626594)
The only difference is, (and a big one) is that Foles has a ****ing cannon arm and some size while Murray's got a noodle and he's a midget.

So you are basically hoping he somehow becomes low-end Jeff Garcia high-end Drew Brees.

This.

BossChief 05-12-2014 09:03 PM

Quote:

He doesn't have a noodle arm.

Lex Luthor 05-12-2014 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10626608)

This.

Mr_Tomahawk 05-12-2014 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10626608)

Average.

ChiTown 05-12-2014 09:04 PM

Quote:

JFC

He is undersized but he DOES NOT have a noodle arm. Dumbass

Lex Luthor 05-12-2014 09:07 PM

People love to throw out the term "noodle arm" without really understanding that some of the best quarterbacks of all time didn't have cannons.

Joe Montana sure as hell didn't have a cannon. Neither did Fran Tarkenton, Drew Brees, or Joe Namath.

Elvis Grbac had a cannon. So did Jeff George, JaMarcus Russell, and Ryan Leaf.

So stop already with the noodle arm bullshit argument.

milkman 05-12-2014 09:08 PM

I like Murray, and thought more highly of him than a 5th round QB.

But generally 5th rounders are 5th rounders for a reason.

I would really love to see us, for once, be the team that finds that hidden gem, but I won't be holding my breath.

Sassy Squatch 05-12-2014 09:08 PM

Since when does an average NFL arm = Noodle? ****ing reeruned assertion.

ChiTown 05-12-2014 09:10 PM

I wish the intrawebnets were around when Jerry Rice was drafted. "He's a lead ass with no speed. Dude runs a 4.55!!!!! He gonna suck111111!!!!!!"

Lex Luthor 05-12-2014 09:10 PM

And by the way, Brokie Croyle had a cannon. He never won an NFL game.

BossChief 05-12-2014 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 10626620)
I like Murray, and thought more highly of him than a 5th round QB.

But generally 5th rounders are 5th rounders for a reason.

I would really love to see us, for once, be the team that finds that hidden gem, but I won't be holding my breath.

He blew out his knee late in November.