ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2012 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254372)

Dr. Johnny Fever 07-27-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8772682)
Is it wrong that i hope Grienke melts?

Not imo. He admitted he quit on us.

lewdog 07-27-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8772683)
Not imo. He admitted he quit on us.

Can you blame him?

SAUTO 07-27-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 8772694)
Can you blame him?

not if he were on a slow pitch softball team.

But he wasn't, he was getting PAID to pitch every five days.
So yeah I can "blame him"
Posted via Mobile Device

Dr. Johnny Fever 07-27-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Can you blame him?

Absolutely. He was being paid millions to win baseball games. He didn't behave like the professional he was paid to be. Don't want to be here? Finish your time as well as you can so you can get a better pay day with your next team. Losing is no excuse to accept losing or quit.

Or be a more talented Sanchez.

Bowser 07-27-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8772699)

Posted via Mobile Device

The one thing I don't, and will never, blame him for was the desire to play on a winning team. Grienke had issues, to be sure, but ****ing hell it's got to be hard to keep coming back to team that you just KNOW is going to be out of the running by mid May.

That being said, it still is a bitch move to just not try. Have some pride, for crying out loud.

lewdog 07-27-2012 05:53 PM

I meant it more on the aspect of him "quitting" on us by asking for a trade. I can't blame him there.

Dr. Johnny Fever 07-27-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8772704)
The one thing I don't, and will never, blame him for was the desire to play on a winning team. Grienke had issues, to be sure, but ****ing hell it's got to be hard to keep coming back to team that you just KNOW is going to be out of the running by mid May.

That being said, it still is a bitch move to just not try. Have some pride, for crying out loud.

Completely agree that he or no player should be happy losing. His job was to help change that every 5th day though so that's where my understanding ends.

The pride thing is a good point too.

Dr. Johnny Fever 07-27-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 8772710)
I meant it more on the aspect of him "quitting" on us by asking for a trade. I can't blame him there.

Asking to be traded is one thing... in the meantime show some competitiveness and do your damn job.

CoMoChief 07-27-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8772699)

Posted via Mobile Device

IMO he did his part. Shit he won a ****ing Cy Young w/ virtually no run support LMAO

****in' Royals.

Dr. Johnny Fever 07-27-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertaker (Post 8772716)
IMO he did his part. Shit he won a ****ing Cy Young w/ virtually no run support LMAO

****in' Royals.

That wasn't the year he quit.

SAUTO 07-27-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8772715)
Asking to be traded is one thing... in the meantime show some competitiveness and do your damn job.

This. He ****ing said he didn't give his all.
I can see him wanting a trade, no sour grapes there.

Just play it out strong though.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 07-27-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8772704)

We agree here it seems
Posted via Mobile Device

PunkinDrublic 07-27-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Can you blame him?

What a stupid ****ing question. If you're a ****ing Cy Young award winner getting paid millions of dollars you pitch your ass off when it's your turn to start no matter how shitty the rest of the team is. IMO Grienke is a piece of shit for quitting in 2010 just because the rest of the team sucked. **** him.

ShowtimeSBMVP 07-27-2012 06:10 PM

DKnobler ‏@DKnobler

Angels have a lot of big contracts, but don't underestimate their chances of signing Greinke long-term.

mr. tegu 07-27-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 8772749)
DKnobler ‏@DKnobler

Angels have a lot of big contracts, but don't underestimate their chances of signing Greinke long-term.

This is good for us. They won't be able to keep Haren and Santana. Those would be the type of guys we could get in free agency next season.