ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KSU The sad thing about K-state football is.. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266468)

vailpass 11-12-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 9109865)
That's how I am treating it. I honestly can say that I didn't think K-State would come close to reaching 1998 level type of a year, where they were just so close to make it to the NC game.

They had several years afterwards '98 where they were legit good, just either it was injuries, dumb decisions or what not that derailed their possible NC run. But it wasn't just the same as it was in '98.

I will say that if K-State beat Baylor this weekend, December 1st will possibly be the biggest game in the state of Kansas. Think '98 against Nebraska but on cocaine.

I'd sure as hell enjoy it if I were you.

Coach 11-12-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9109868)
I'd sure as hell enjoy it if I were you.

Absolutely will. Bought season tickets with my brother, sister, and we all chipped in together for my mother's ticket as a present for her birthday/mothers day before the season began.

I'd probably would almost venture to say by and large, it would probably be the best birthday present she could ever asked for, and we all had no idea that K-State was going to be BCS #1 to begin with, let alone possibly playing for the National ****ing Championship.

God... I really really hope we beat Baylor...

CoMoChief 11-12-2012 05:31 PM

He's done an outstanding job this season.....and has had a hell of a career considering what KSU was before he got to Manhattan.

I'm rooting for KSU to do well. Snyder deserves a NC. And what a way to end a storied coaching career.

Chiefs Pantalones 11-12-2012 05:42 PM

On behalf of KU, congrats to KSU on their success and pending success. Ya'll deserve it and I hope this dream season continues and ends the way you hope it does.

vailpass 11-12-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 9109885)
Absolutely will. Bought season tickets with my brother, sister, and we all chipped in together for my mother's ticket as a present for her birthday/mothers day before the season began.

I'd probably would almost venture to say by and large, it would probably be the best birthday present she could ever asked for, and we all had no idea that K-State was going to be BCS #1 to begin with, let alone possibly playing for the National ****ing Championship.

God... I really really hope we beat Baylor...

Very nice. Good for you guys.

Raiderhater 11-12-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 9109476)
I forget the game, but I love the story of Bill in the locker room at half time telling them that if they give up any more points he's going to blow his head off with a shotgun.

And people think it would be a boring movie... :)

Setsuna 11-12-2012 06:20 PM

Bring em to the SEC!!!!