ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Bill to ban traffic cameras gets first hearing (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283004)

DenverChief 04-14-2014 06:58 PM

Bill to ban traffic cameras gets first hearing

I know there was a discussion about how to defeat Red Light/Photo Radar cameras here a while back - I'm too lazy to look it up - so new thread....anyway seems like this might be the ultimate way to defeat them - lobby your lawmakers at the state level

Quote:

DENVER (AP) - Colorado lawmakers are trying to ban red-light and speeding cameras, but they're facing opposition from local governments.

The proposal from Greeley Republican Sen. Scott Renfroe is getting its first hearing and vote in a Senate committee Monday afternoon. The bill would forbid cities and towns from using the automated traffic enforcement devices.

The Colorado Municipal League, which represents more than 250 communities in the state, says it should be up to cities and towns to decide the matter on their own, and that the cameras are important to public safety.

Renfroe argues the cameras are used to make money, not to improve public safety.

Democratic Sen. Lucia Guzman and Democratic Senate President Morgan Carroll are co-sponsoring the bill, giving the proposal a good chance to pass the chamber.

http://www.9news.com/story/news/poli...aring/7704399/

Garcia Bronco 04-14-2014 07:05 PM

Nice..I ve always found these to be inappropriate. You need to be there to cite me. lol

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04-14-2014 07:07 PM

Colorado gets it.

Simply Red 04-14-2014 07:07 PM

MOAR LEGAL POT!!!! - LESS TRAFFIC CAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry ocifer.

DenverChief 04-14-2014 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10562848)

sorry ocifer.

LMAO

BWillie 04-14-2014 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10562848)

sorry ocifer.

Korreckt

Dayze 04-14-2014 07:50 PM

but but but.....it'll make us safer if we havef them.

BWillie 04-14-2014 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10562920)
but but but.....it'll make us safer if we havef them.

the gubment needs to protects us from eval of the werld!!

GloryDayz 04-14-2014 07:59 PM

Now don't go trying to make me like Colorado...

Jiu Jitsu Jon 04-14-2014 11:06 PM

16 year old girl texting on phone runs red light, kills a motorist. Good thing that red light camera was there to prevent that from happening. It's a controversy in my neck of the woods as well, and I'm a-gin' it.

ForeverChiefs58 04-15-2014 05:17 AM

I would like it if they just kept the cameras for use in accidents. If they were serious about caring about safety, the cameras can make a big impact on accidents in intersections

Simply Red 04-15-2014 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 10563270)
I would like it if they just kept the cameras for use in accidents. If they were serious about caring about safety, the cameras can make a big impact on accidents in intersections

Yeah - totally agree here.

ForeverChiefs58 04-15-2014 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10563272)
Yeah - totally agree here.

Yeah I had a guy run a red light and almost killed me and my family. He was probably doing close to 80 mph in a 35 when he flew through a red light and hit me, crossed 4 lanes of traffic, impact, then went through median and another 4 lanes of traffic before going up steep embankment and up a hill before crashing into front of hotel. He was given a ticket for running a red light and not wearing seat belt. Cop said he couldn't give guy a speeding ticket because since he never even bothered to hit brakes, no skid makes or way of knowing how fast he was going. There were cameras at the light, but they were disabled because of this stupid system.

The cameras can help deter red light runners and help proving cause of accident

Garcia Bronco 04-15-2014 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 10563282)
Yeah I had a guy run a red light and almost killed me and my family. He was probably doing close to 80 mph in a 35 when he flew through a red light and hit me, crossed 4 lanes of traffic, impact, then went through median and another 4 lanes of traffic before going up steep embankment and up a hill before crashing into front of hotel. He was given a ticket for running a red light and not wearing seat belt. Cop said he couldn't give guy a speeding ticket because since he never even bothered to hit brakes, no skid makes or way of knowing how fast he was going. There were cameras at the light, but they were disabled because of this stupid system.

Him getting a ticket for that changes nothing. He crashed into a hotel. He's getting his due and proper.

GordonGekko 04-15-2014 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 10563282)

Ok so maybe they couldn't get him on speeding, what about attempted murder?