ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith: Chiefs' offensive strategy will look much different this year (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=300060)

Dante84 05-25-2016 07:22 PM

Alex Smith: Chiefs' offensive strategy will look much different this year

Quote:

Alex Smith says the Kansas City Chiefs are always changing and in a way he's right. The Chiefs offense will change. The personnel, however, doesn't seem to be changing around him as much as other teams which is a good thing.

Alex was asked about this being his fourth year and how the Chiefs offense changes as the team's personnel changes.

"For sure, especially with Coach Reid, nothing's chiseled in rock," Alex said via quotes from the Chiefs. "We are constantly changing and constantly trying to get better. He grinds over using the talent we have and how can we make it better and put guys in good situations and take advantage of strengths. We're always changing."

The Chiefs found out last year that they have a lot of talent at running back after Jamaal Charles went down. It makes me wonder if the offense will change in a way to highlight that strength at running back.

"I think they spent a lot of time after the season," Alex continued, "looking back at the entire collection of last season, all the snaps and really, what is our identity, where do we need to go from here, what are we good at, what do we need to maybe kick out of the offense, what do we need to add on, build on, things like that. I feel like it's constantly changing."

I found this interesting: Alex said they looked at the tape of their first OTA session last year. "Very, very different the install that went in today, very different than last year's install." Hmm.

"And then obviously there's going to be a big change when you add (Matt) Nagy and (Brad Childress) in there," Alex said. "They've spent a lot of time this offseason, really, I think, trying to clean that stuff up with Coach Reid. You're always changing."

What's not changing that much is the Chiefs personnel. Jeremy Maclin is back again. Both Jamaal Charles and Travis Kelce - along with Alex and Maclin, the Chiefs most important offensive players - are going into their fourth year together. Albert Wilson is going into his third year. Chris Conley in his second year. There's some continuity on offense.
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2016/5...lways-changing

MIAdragon 05-25-2016 07:38 PM

Lol

notorious 05-25-2016 07:47 PM

Back to swing passes to Jamaal.

Sofa King 05-25-2016 07:48 PM

I really doubt it's much different.

eDave 05-25-2016 07:49 PM

Smith said nothing. I bet we stretch the field 'just' a bit more.

DaneMcCloud 05-25-2016 07:51 PM

I hate Arrowhead Pride.

Stop quoting their shit and go directly to the source, please.

Hammock Parties 05-25-2016 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 12246449)
Smith said nothing. I bet we stretch the field 'just' a bit more.

4500 yards and 35 TD. This is the year of Alex Elite.

Hog's Gone Fishin 05-25-2016 08:28 PM

I'm really looking forward to this season with much confidence we will be a really good team.

If our OL improves , which it should , it will make a HUGE difference.

Sandy Vagina 05-25-2016 08:30 PM

Smith will basically remain the same top 10 efficient QB.

Now, we just have to hope key players can be healthy when it counts most.

Deberg_1990 05-25-2016 08:40 PM

3589 yards

22 TDs. 8 INTs

Bugeater 05-25-2016 08:41 PM

MOAR HIDDEN TOUCHDOWNS

Hammock Parties 05-25-2016 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 12246501)

Plus I hear he's an absolute ANIMAL in the sack. Mrs. Smith is very satisfied.

rtmike 05-25-2016 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 12246501)

Not cause I'm a lazy, content to be so-so Chief fan, but I'd be willing that's good for at least 10 wins.

I'd take our game manger any day over the Donks. :D

Dante84 05-25-2016 11:09 PM

I wonder if we go more ball control now that we have 3 starting caliber RBs.

The play action will be devastating if they are focused on containing West + Ware + Jamaal.

Throw Tyreek Hill and/or DAT in that mix for Jet-Sweeps or flat passes, or hit the defense over the top with Maclin or Kelce.

All that with our easy, easy schedule and we should dominate the regular season if we stay healthy.

BlackOp 05-25-2016 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 12246682)
I wonder if we go more ball control now that we have 3 starting caliber RBs.

The play action will be devastating if they are focused on containing West + Ware + Jamaal.

Throw Tyreek Hill and/or DAT in that mix for Jet-Sweeps or flat passes, or hit the defense over the top with Maclin or Kelce.

All that with our easy, easy schedule and we should dominate the regular season if we stay healthy.

Childress , I would assume, will play a more active role in it too...I dont think anyone really took Pederson seriously as a true OC. He seemed more of a rah rah, glorified Reid assistant to me. Andy has always been a big nepotism guy...