ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   The 2 things that bother me most (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=169667)

Mr. Laz 09-09-2007 07:29 PM

The 2 things that bother me most

1. we didn't seem to be playing with much passion and intensity.

without that we are always gonna struggle

2. win/lose or draw i just don't see a direction for this team. what are we trying to do? we aren't rebuilding ... the NFL has pretty much pass by this martyball-esque crap we are trying on offense.

:shrug:

i would have HOPE if i could see a direction for success ..... but i don't.

Demonpenz 09-09-2007 07:30 PM

it wasn't a physical game really. Most of the chiefs didn't even looked like they worked up a sweat

Mr. Plow 09-09-2007 07:40 PM

The 2 things that bothered me most....

1. Putting myself through watching the game.

2. Drinking so much the night before that I couldn't drink enough to forget this game.

Valiant 09-09-2007 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
1. we didn't seem to be playing with much passion and intensity.

without that we are always gonna struggle

2. win/lose or draw i just don't see a direction for this team. what are we trying to do. we aren't rebuilding ... the NFL has pretty pass by this martyball-esque crap we are trying on offense.

:shrug:

i would have HOPE if i could see a direction for success ..... but i don't.

This is worse then martyball..

Fishpicker 09-09-2007 07:52 PM

I agree. The urgency wasn't there. When we finally showed a spark it was too late and a pick came soon after.

munkey 09-09-2007 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker
When we finally showed a spark it was too late and a pick came soon after.

What "spark" are you referring to? I so no spark...just a "shimmer" in the first series.

stumppy 09-09-2007 07:56 PM

It looked to me like most of these guys were WAITING for something to happen instead of trying to make it happen.

siberian khatru 09-09-2007 07:58 PM

It seems like Herm wants the game to come to him. Just sit around, wait for things to happen, hope to pull out a close win. He seems to be afraid to make things happen -- because you might make a mistake that benefits the other team.

It's like he's the Woody Hayes of the 21st century -- grumbling about "only 3 things can happen when you pass the ball, and two of them are bad."

Simplex3 09-09-2007 08:02 PM

Your second point is the one that's killing me.

AZChief 09-09-2007 08:06 PM

i agree with both of your points...esp. number 2. this team lacks a plan and direction.

munkey 09-09-2007 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant
This is worse then martyball..

Agree'd...At least there was a commitment to run and run it they did.

stevieray 09-09-2007 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3
Your second point is the one that's killing me.

me too..but what can you expect when your starting RB doesn't have any time in camp or preseason, almost the same with the LT, and you don't even name your starting QB until a week before the season starts...Huard better step up and lead.

:(

Deberg_1990 09-09-2007 08:19 PM

Like Whitlock said, this whole organization needs a complete bath from the top down. Same as 1989. Sounds awful to say, but i hope we tank to give Clark extra incentive to do it after this year. I have a feeling this is going to be a wasted year. Flame Away....

Skip Towne 09-09-2007 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru
It seems like Herm wants the game to come to him. Just sit around, wait for things to happen, hope to pull out a close win. He seems to be afraid to make things happen -- because you might make a mistake that benefits the other team.

It's like he's the Woody Hayes of the 21st century -- grumbling about "only 3 things can happen when you pass the ball, and two of them are bad."

Woody Hayes didn't say that. Darrell Royal did. Ask Baby Lee for confirmation.

el borracho 09-09-2007 08:40 PM

The 2 things that bother me most

1. the offense
2. the special teams